New guy - Curious about when the next event will be

Greetings one and all,

I am new to this board and Alliance LARP in general. I plan on picking up the rulebook soon but I have read what I can on line and am curious and eager to try it out. I just watched the "Monster Camp" movie and that really got me excited. :) Turns out I know one of the guys in that (Paul).

A bit of background about myself: I have been into roleplaying games since they started (Yep, old fart here). I have played in the SCA, ECS, HMR, and Amtgard so I have a fair background in various combat forms and a tiny bit of LARPing. I have really been itching to do some boffer fighting again and found the links for Oregon Alliance with a google search and here I am. :D
So I would love to try my hand at being an NPC/monster for a bit while I learn the rules.

Thanks everyone,
Tristan MacGregor

oregon also does events with seattle, it's april 15-17, at brooks memorial state park, and welcome to alliance

Selo said:
oregon also does events with seattle, it's april 15-17, at brooks memorial state park, and welcome to alliance

Not really. The 2 groups have a lot of players & agents cross over into each others games, but the events are separate.

We are trying to lock in a location & date right now for the next 2 events.
Seattle has April & July, so we are trying to work around these months.

Hey, Welcome!

We always appreciate new NPCs, and it is a good way to get to know the game and character options before you commit to making/buying a costume. Picking up a rulebook (like you mentioned) is the next best step. A digital copy is available here for about $6: http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/single.php?ISBN=1-55404-652-1&picsize=LARGE&x=62&y=77

As an NPC, all you'll need to bring are black clothing (preferably without logos/pictures on them) and black shoes or hiking boots. Remember to bring extra socks, layers, etc in case of rain or extreme cold. Food is often provided for NPCs for a small cost (about $15) but it's a good idea to bring some snacks, extra drinks, etc for between meal times. You'll also need a sleeping bag, blanket, pillow and whatever you need for overnight trips, including shower stuff if you want a shower.

The sites we are currently using have heated cabins with electricity and beds and mattresses. Bathrooms have heat, light, heated showers. The kitchens are fully stocked with plates, bowls, utensils, pans, etc. Kitchens have walk in refrigerator, stove, microwave.

All that said, Oregon doesn't have their next game scheduled yet but it'll likely be in the next couple months. The Seattle chapter has our next game the weekend of April 15-17 and for this game only, we are using the same site that Oregon normally uses: Brooks Memorial State Park near Goldendale, WA. Like already said, most of our players go to both Oregon and Seattle games.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have. I look forward to meeting you, welcome to Alliance!

-Carmen
(Oregon player, Seattle Plot Staff)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :D I doubt I can make the April trip as I have to work that Saturday. But I will keep my eyes turned here and see what develops for upcoming events. Hope to meet everyone soon.

Thanks,
Tristan

Random question!!! Please excuse me! Are you going to the one next October? If so i could use an in game companion for guide!!

Sorry but I can't really say if I will be attending in October. Way too far away for me to plan yet. But if we have one earlier that I am attending I would be willing to buddy up with a fellow newbie. Maybe we can kind of help each other so we don't both totally suck... LOL.

Hi Tristan,

We're currently shooting for the middle of June for our next event, we just want to make sure that we have the site reserved full and proper-like before announcing it. I'm also considering working in a fighter practice or two at my place in Corvallis sometime after the Seattle event. Keep your eyes peeled here, on our twitter, or on our Facebook group page.

Frontiers has an event June 17-19. A lot of people play that game too.

jpariury said:
Hi Tristan,

We're currently shooting for the middle of June for our next event, we just want to make sure that we have the site reserved full and proper-like before announcing it. I'm also considering working in a fighter practice or two at my place in Corvallis sometime after the Seattle event. Keep your eyes peeled here, on our twitter, or on our Facebook group page.

Thank you good Sir! A fighter practice would be awesome. I'd love to try my hand at your combat before making fool of myself at an event.

Thanks for all the support and welcome everyone!

Hugs,
Tristan

Back