New guy wanting to try out LARPing.

BigMac25

Hello there,
People call me BigMac.

I've have been wanting to try out LARPing for a few months now but i didn't have the time or resources to hop on it.

Everything is extremely new to this and there's SO much to read about loll.
Well i hope y'all could help me out with all this if possible.

Hello BigMac,

Being an NPC (non player character) maybe a great way for you to start out. As an NPC plot provides the costuming and weapons needed for each mod. This can also be a great way to try things out before setting on a character of your own.

Jon D.

Hello BigMac,

Being an NPC (non player character) maybe a great way for you to start out. As an NPC plot provides the costuming and weapons needed for each mod. This can also be a great way to try things out before setting on a character of your own.

Jon D.

Well i would be down to try NPC but i lowkey want to go straight in with a PC.
I red the charater packs and I'm aiming for high orc or high ogre.

Nothing wrong with jumping right in. Just means you lean a little more on the fly. When I first started larping I just jumped right in an PCed. Other then a couple times I actively decied to NPC I have PCed every event I have attended. It has been a great four years. If you have a plan feel free to jump right in. It is so much fun to run with things right away(Not to say npcing first can't be.) There are two very diffrent styles of learing. NPCing first lets you get to know the ins and outs without the looming consiquences(You don't really have a full Death. You get to play the monsters. It can be fun.). Pcing first throws you right into the fray. Best of luck and Hope to see you at the september game, no matter which side you take.

Hello BigMac,

Your first game is always a thrill and super fun with a lot to learn but a lot of exiting and new things to experience. If you want to PC your first time around awesome! There is a rule book available for free online if you were not aware. http://alliancelarp.com/rule-book/ There is a lot in there, but try focusing on the section about your first game on page 9. If you have any questions feel free to post here or message me.

Happy reading,

If you're going for a high orc or high ogre - a piece of advice - find a good soap to help get the makeup off after the event.

Back