New guy wants to play!

SethD

Good morning to all!

So, I just moved "back" home to Tacoma and desperately want to get my NERO on once again!

I played for about 2 years over in Virginia, at the Metro DC and Valor chapters!

Now, their setup was all I've ever known about NERO, and it's my understanding that there is quite a different setup or organization over here on the West Coast, Nero Alliance, right?

Sooooo... if I was going to come out to an event, I can't transfer my level 10 character and all his phat lewts right (too much World of Warcraft, I know)?

So I'd need to roll a newbie character and rock him out until I leveled up all awesome like?

Been trying to get in touch with the bosses over here, haven't had much luck yet.

I've been doing my best to catch up on players, titles, and plotlines going on over here through these forums, so I have some idea about what I'm getting into and how my PC could do the most good for the other PCs out here.

Hope to see you all at an event soon (I'd probably start out NPCing for an event or two, if that would be okay with the powers that be)!

So, any info I could gather here would be super helpful! Have a great day!

Hi Seth!

Welcome to Alliance Seattle! :) I don't know how the logistics works; Brad Lewis should be able to assist you. (logistics@alliance-seattle.com) Be patient with him, he tends to be busy.

As for playing, there is a gameday this Sunday at Hamlin Park in Seattle. Directions used to be on the website, but we recently switched to a new website setup and the directions haven't been updated. (The webmaster, Dan, tends to also be really busy) But, you should be able to find it in Google Maps or something. You could probably come NPC. If you can't NPC (I don't see why you can't NPC...) I will be bringing my rulebook and you can peruse that piece of paper.

-Seth/Alavatar

NERO Alliance uses a different rulebook from the chapters out in DC?

Mine were NERO International.

Ahhh, gotcha... in terms of in-game guilds, organizations and stuff, what's the setup like over here, no spoilers please. Out there we had guilds out the ears and lots of independant groups. We had our Ducal Court, our Celestial Guild, Earth/Healer Guild, Town Guard, and my PC ran a shifty mercenary group (who actually didn't do anything very naughty at all).

There's titles, but no ducal court to interact with. Just a couple of Houses are the Barons.

Celestial guilds are pretty independant and loosely organized. Town Guard/Army, if you hate yourself. "State" run Earth Guild if you really hate yourself.

That's about it. No spoilers involved as that's all pretty common knowledge IG.

Hi Seth!

Sorry for responding so late to your email (I hit reply, and now I'm sure the webmaster, who forwarded me the message, feels very welcome). You should have your very own reply in your inbox now. Do come to the gameday if you can, and you will have an Alliance rulebook to read, your very own general manager to talk to, and all the cookies you can eat.

Amber Wilson
General Manager

Woot woot! Thanks for the replies folks! I do appreciate it! I'll see you there Sunday!

Back