New Hampshire chapter financial situation

UPDATE:I wanted to let everyone know that we have hit our fundraising goal, and that the remainder of the season will continue as planned. We got a lot of donations from a lot of people, including some really hefty ones. I want to fervently thank everyone who was willing to give even a little, not only for the donations themselves but for the pledges of support both spoken and unspoken that accompanied them. On behalf of the staff I want to say that we are truly honored and deeply touched at the generosity and appreciation that our players and the wider Alliance community have shown to us. Thank you.

After discussion we have decided to keep the donation drive level goblin stamp ratios going for the original duration. Several people had expressed a desire to contribute a little later on when they could make additional donations, and we don't want to tell people that their charity is unwanted. Even if we do not receive a further cent in donations we have met our goal, but as anyone who has run a game like this knows there is always work to be done. For the remainder of the month we will continue to offer the rewards outlined below so that others can take advantage of them, but please do not feel any pressure to do so; anything further that we are given will go toward improving the game because our players have saved the Deadlands.

Again.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

For the next sixteen days we will be increasing our compensation policy. We will be offering goblin stamp compensation at a rate of 4 gs to $1 for donations up to $24. From $25 dollars to $49 the rate increase to 7 to 1. At $50 or higher the rate will be 10 to 1. Should you donate $100 dollars or more we will allow three picks from the paragon packages list each event weekend for the duration of the year. In the event that anyone goes truly above and beyond we will discuss additional potential compensation with that person (or people).

We can accept donations via check. Checks should be made out and sent to Gary Marvel. We are working to get Paypal donations up and running as soon as possible.

Again, we are asking for these donations so that we can meet our financial needs without increasing event costs across the board. If you enjoy playing our game, if you want to help us, please consider donating sooner rather than later, but we will still be accepting donations at the door at the upcoming June event. Thank you all so much for having made this game possible; we love running it and want to keep it going for years to come.

You can mail checks to

71 Eastern Ave. apt 1
Newport, VT 05855
Please make checks payable to Gary Marvel.

Thank you in advance for any donations you're willing to give.

If you want to make a donation and have a question, please shoot me an email and I can help you out! deadlandsgm@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hey Gary or Dan,

I know some CHI folks would want to donate to help out, can they get together and split gobbies for a donation somewhere between $100-200?

Also, is there a specific mark you are looking to hit?

Thanks,

Paul F.

How to donate via PayPal, since we don't have a "donate" button for the website yet:

- sign into your PayPal
- hit "send money" at the top of your screen
- put alliancedeadlandsnh@gmail.com as the recipient email
- input whatever amount you choose to donate!
- select the "goods or services" option, unless you feel particularly extra generous and want to cover the PayPal fees yourself (not required!)

Thank you all so much!!!

By the way, you guys are friggin crazy.

The way those donations poured in you'd think we were working on the cure for cancer.

Just to clarify since there have been several questions on the subject, the 3 paragon picks provided to those who donated $100 or more will each fully cover the cost of any single paragon package that the character qualifies for. They cannot, however, be used to circumvent the restrictions in place for the packages. For example, a human scout cannot pick dwarf racial packages or scholar martial packages. A character cannot pick a racial tier 2 or tier 3 without first acquiring the lower tier(s). A character that is not Life touched cannot pick Life elemental packages. If you have already preregistered and accidentally misused your picks please contact logistics and correct the situation. I apologize for any confusion on the matter.

phedre said:
I believe the drive lasted until the end of June, it's dated June 14 and says "for the next 16 days."

Good point!

However, I would "assume" that NH wouldn't be opposed to cash donations still? ;)

If my assumption is correct, if someone could let me know what the current ratio is that would be awesome!

We won't say no to money. We are actively discussing where we want to set the ratio; once we reach a decision I will post it here, and will also drop a PM on anybody who indicates they would like one.

Back