New Information About All Hallow's Eve 417

MacFawkes

Artisan
For those who do not know, the creatures of the plane of nightmare undergo a competition every year during All Hallow's Eve, attempting to become the "King of Halloween."

This competition typically involves attempting to frighten the populace of New Acarthia, with the hope to receive the most "votes" for most terrifying creature.

Thus far, we have faced off against the upstart known as the Boogeyman, as well as Jack and Queen Nachtface. If anyone wishes more information about their portfolios, I am happy to discuss details in-person. Of greater import, however, are the two remaining sets of creatures: Heeby-Jeeby and Muck and Mash.

Heeby-Jeeby focuses primarily on disgusting things, such as bugs, worms, and slimes. If we are to encounter him this year, we should expect a variety of tactilely unpleasant encounters as well as verminous abominations.

I have received some additional information from Osbin Gardenowl of the Loremaster's Guild regarding Muck and Mash, which is as follows:
  • Muck & Mash each have very distinct powers.
  • When encountered in the past, it was noted that Muck & Mash revealed the exact method of their defeat at the time of their arrival. Careful attention by people of disparate skills, races, interests paid off handsomely.
  • Previously it seems that a person of power needed to “redeem” Mash through some kind of deeply personal action. Only then was it possible to deal with the pair.
Based on this information, I entreat the people of New Acarthia to pay close attention when our incipient enemies make their presence known. Detailed, accurate information will be important in figuring out how to address them efficiently and expediently. If you are literate, I encourage you to write down what you hear, rather than relying upon memories that can fade over even a matter of hours.

Anyone seeking additional information is welcome to seek me out at the upcoming ducal gathering this weekend.

- Baron Darius Rivervale

Can we instead draw pictures, or is that not helping?

- Lagarde

If your pictures will be accurate and helpful, you are welcome to make the attempt. If they will be inaccurate, silly, or otherwise intended to distract rather than aid, I would prefer that you do not.

I cannot guarantee they're helpful, even if meant that way. I've found colored sketches are often misinterpreted. I'll try to have them evaluated for quality and intent before making you "read" them.

- Lagarde

I will take notes and endeavor to update you as relevant details are observed, Baron Rivervale, or any designee who will be organizing the collection and dissemination of information.

Squire Vellis Tsalarioth of House Phoenix
Squire to Baron Sir Marcus Husarri Saephis, Lord of House Phoenix
Guildmember of the New Leaf Academy Earth Guild of Ceriopolis and Stradyn

Back