New Online Database

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
Hey all! We here at logistics have been working diligently to help improve your gaming experience, and today, we have a new tool to announce to add to the awesome of this fantastic game. We would like to present you with our new online database!

For those of you who are familiar with the East Coast, we are now using the online database system that most of them are using. It's fun, reliable, and pretty spiffy!

We did have another online DB at one point a few months back, but we were finding that it wasn't doing what we were hoping it could do, so we decided to go with this after a great deal of research and careful consideration. In addition, this helps us with our cohesion with the rest of the national Alliance game.

New awesome that comes from the new db:
-Track your gobbies! No more do you need to question "did I get gobbies for ___". Our fancy online DB now tracks that for you! You can find it out yourself!!!
-Track your events! The database will now track events for each of your characters since we started using the DB! That's pretty fancy sauce right there!
-Track your character! Yeah, that's kinda self-explanatory.

Some things to keep in mind about the db:
-Some people may have trouble logging in. I had issues with my ISP not recognizing the way the page was set up (although it has since resolved itself). If you run into issues, feel free to email us, but I'm not much of an IT person, so we may have you send you down the chain a ways.
-If you have transferred a character up to Seattle, your character won't have an accurate gaming history prior to the transfer. That's just how transfers work. We've had questions about that already, and I figured I'd just put that out there.
-While this is an official roll-out, we are still in the process of debugging our use of it and getting questions answered. Please feel free to pose questions to us, but they may take some time getting answered, as we may have to go far afield to find the solutions.
-We here in Seattle don't have access to the source code of the online database. This means that I can't change much of anything about the layout of the thing. ((This is probably a good thing, as I might very well make all of the font dance across the screen in bright colours if I could as an April Fool's joke.)) We are looking into changing this, so feel free to let us know if you have ideas about how to make the DB better, but please understand that it could be months before such changes are even remotely possible.

I'm sure there's more to follow, but that's about it for right now.

We are hoping that this tool makes keeping track of your character a much easier process, and help you guys double-check our work here at Logistics to ensure the highest amount of accuracy possible. :)

We will be updating the database weekly, most likely on Wednesdays. That doesn't mean that everything you submit on Wednesday will make it onto the database for that update. Sometimes things just take time, but it should make checking things a little faster.

This sounds awesome, our amazing logistics team! How do I sign up?!?

We're glad you asked that, Kenny. Here's what you have to do!

Send an email to logistics@alliance-seattle.com and include all of the following:
Name:
Email Address:
Preferred Username:
Password:
Member ID (if you know it, if not we can look it up):

As of right now, all users have to be created by hand by me and Eric. This means that it will be a slow process for a couple of days, and that you need to make sure you send us a password you're okay with us knowing. Please don't send us your username and password for the boards, your online banking, your work email, your private email, your student loans information, etc. We wouldn't use it against you, but we also don't want to know it in case we get hacked.

**This system is a read-only system, meaning no one can do anything to your character by logging in with your username and password.**

I'll be making a forum on the OOG boards as well. Please direct any questions, comments, concerns, criticisms, presents, praise, sugary confections, and/or awards to either the OOG forums or to our email (logistics@alliance-seattle.com).

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy our new system as much as I hope you will!

Your Logistics Team

Known bug: As of right now, the "modify profile" button at the bottom of the page with your characters on it does nothing. It never has, as far as I know. I don't really know why it's there. We're working on it, but for right now, if you click it and it redirects you to the New Jersey log-in page, that is what it's doing for everyone.

Bug has been addressed. Please let me know if there are any further issues.

B

Hey all! Sorry about the delay, but the online database is updating again as we speak! It should be available for yall to check out by 5 PM. It's been a crazy few weeks at work. :) We'll be back to our regularly scheduled weekly updates on Wednesday. :)

Babz

Woah! Yeah, totally my bad, I have forgotten to update this recently. It's now in the process of updating and should be good to go by noon!

The online database has been updated!!!

Be sure to use that information to PRE-REG FOR THE UPCOMING EVENT!!!!

:D

Holy crap, the online DB has updated. I promise we will be back to our regularly scheduled Wednesday updates next week...I'm completely 100% blaming the 4-day event, and that's over, so excuses are gone!

SO MANY DATABASE UPDATES! It should be hella updated by 5:45 or so.

:)

As some of you may have noticed, the online database is currently offline. It's being transitioned to be synced up with the new forum software over on the National Boards. Pretty sweet. It's supposed to be up and running soon. I'll let yall know more details when I have them.

B

Back