New Oregon Downtime Policy! Tell your friends!

luminemma

Hello hello! Effective immediately, from 12/18/2019 onward, we're making a revision to the Oregon Alliance Downtime policy (meaning it will include DTAs in both campaigns). As it stands, the policy has stated that a character may be involved in one solo DTA and one group DTA per downtime period. You now have the option to send your character on an additional group DTA, instead of a solo DTA. This means that during a given downtime period, you may either have one solo and one group DTA as before, or be involved in two group DTAs. *This doesn't work in reverse: you cannot have two solo DTAs.*

Keep this in mind in the future, and let us know if you have any questions. Plot out!

*smoke bomb*

Is it expected that there will be times that Plot will decline the second group DTA? Example: Zeth travels with Group A to Place Way Over Here, but also somehow travels with Group B in The Opposite Direction.

Or will Plot...figure it out?

Is it expected that there will be times that Plot will decline the second group DTA? Example: Zeth travels with Group A to Place Way Over Here, but also somehow travels with Group B in The Opposite Direction.

Or will Plot...figure it out?
You mean kind of how a personal downtime can have someone go one way and yet their group downtime can have them go the opposite direction? :p

Sure? I suspect it’s more likely to occur with group DTAs.

That’s not really an answer to my question.

It kind of is though. Technically, a player who travels extensively *cough Luke Bluewolf* shouldn't even get downtimes a lot of the time what with all the travel they do. However there's a lot of plot handwavium that happens, because Alliance isn't a simulation game, it's a story. I know I don't give time frames for such actions so that a player is less likely to have mental dissonance, but ultimately it's up to the player to resolve anything that is too weird time wise.

Barring something totally impossible, plot will generally just write both downtimes. I like Ben's explanation.

There's also a reason we're generally super vague on how long it takes to get from Point A to Point B in downtimes.

Back