new player questions

texx2396

Hello i am a player from long island new york looking for a place to do LARP over the summer. I am trying to find a place that i can bring some friends to enjoy a good weekend battling many people in a fantasy environment. I LARP with my friends at home and i do have much experience. I am also wondering if nerf weapons like the thunderfury's are allowed.

Firstly welcome to our boards. Long island is not toooo far from our Ct chapter. I think it might be 3ish hours.... maybe..

Secondly,
We allow both boffer and latex weapons. If u obtain a copy of our rule book there are guide lines on what is allowed for boffer weapons. For latex weapons we follow the same size requirements of our boffer weapons but check them / authorize them on on slightly different safety regulations. It is always up to the local chapter marshals to determine if a Weapon is passable and allowed to be used for combat in the chapter. As for nerf weapons I am very skeptical that they would pass our game requirements but again it is up to a weapon marshals discretion.

Long Island is not far at all from either CT or NY chapters, I myself and just an hour or so outside of NYC.

I have played with Nerf Weapons before with my younger brother in law and I do not think they will be up to par. Luckily with a copy of the rule book the bofer weapons are fairly easy to build with a bit of practice. Hope to see you at an event.

-Alex

From Long Island you've got Connecticut, Catskills, and New Jersey probably all within roughly the same drive. Headquarters would be a bit further in northeast Pennsylvania but still certainly within a weekend drive. We have a few players that are in Nassau (possibly a few in Suffolk, I forget) that can probably give you a heads up on the best driving routes.

The calendar of upcoming events is here http://alliancelarp.com/calendar.php, and you can get more info on each chapter's events if you go to that chapter's section on these forums - there's an out-of-game and in-game section for each.

Back