New Player

BranWard

Good morning!

My name is Bran, and I'd like to join the Ashbury campaign. Im 29, and currently live in Pike county, PA. My larping experience consists of some Amtgard fighting about a decade ago, going to a couple of SCA events, and dressing up for the NY Renaissance Faire. I know its not much, but I'm hoping to learn a lot!

I thought I'd pop in, introduce myself, and say hi. Im really excited about meeting everyone and, if you'll have me, becoming a part of the campaign!

Thanks,

-Bran

Hey, Bran! Good to have ya! :) I've been at this game for about 4 years now, and HQ has always been my home chapter. I really love it! And I love meeting new folks and introducing people to the game!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I PC an earth scholar dryad and my secondary character is a scout, Florentine-fighting sarr. I'm by no means a master veteran like some of the folks who play this chapter, but I'd love to help in any way possible, so again, don't hesitate to ask :D

Enjoy!

~Susie

Welcome, Bran!

We love having new players, so I look forward to meeting you next season. As you create your character, don't hesitate to use the message boards for advice. There are a lot of experienced players here!

Also, I would recommend purchasing the rulebook and the player's guide as they will give you a TON of great information.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Hey there! We used to have a booth at the NY Ren Faire. Those were the days!

Anyway, please download our Rule Book and read over it! As you may know, we have a site near Montrose where we play but our season has ended for now. We'll be back in 2014.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks everyone!

I have the rulebook and have been through it a few times. I'm currently trying to digest all of the attachments in the "guide to Ashbury" thread. I'm hoping to get a good feel for the history and culture for my first character - though ill probably NPC my first event. Im really looking forward to next season.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

Good morning,

I had never heard of the players guide until Eric/Ivan mentioned it above (thanks!). I went searching through Mr. Ventrella's website and found it there, but I never found it on alliancelarp.com (I could be blind lol). If there's not a link, it may help other new folks if there was one in the Ashbury section. Just my thoughts as a newbie trying to find my way around!

Thanks for all of the advice.

BranWard said:
Good morning,

I had never heard of the players guide until Eric/Ivan mentioned it above (thanks!). I went searching through Mr. Ventrella's website and found it there, but I never found it on alliancelarp.com (I could be blind lol). If there's not a link, it may help other new folks if there was one in the Ashbury section. Just my thoughts as a newbie trying to find my way around!

Thanks for all of the advice.

We took it off Alliance LARP because it's now free here on the Boards but each chapter is its own file. That allows us to update it easier. Don't buy the book; it's outdated. :thumbsup:

The files in the Ashbury in-game section are what you want, and it seems you're already reading those: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16483

I should remove the Players Guide from my personal page, I guess -- I had left it more as a resume thing, but I don't want people buying the version from my publisher and then being upset that it's out of date.

We really need to update parts of it, of course, but some sections have been updated.

Ah, I figured that out right as I opened the paid-for guide and found the same material I was reading from the Ashbury thread. Hopefully you'll get a royalty, at least! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info, again!

Hey a Guy!

My name's Kyle I'm customer service at HQ. Send me an email at HQcustserv@gmail.com. I'll get you everything you need. Looking forward to gaming with you.

BranWard said:
Ah, I figured that out right as I opened the paid-for guide and found the same material I was reading from the Ashbury thread. Hopefully you'll get a royalty, at least! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info, again!

Ah, sorry for that. I've now removed it from my personal page.

The novels, however, and the "Tales of Fortannis" collections are good ways to get into the mood of the game. :thumbsup:

Back