New Players Need Weapons

Ladeon

My friend and I are planning to attend next weekend's event, but we don't have weapons to use. He wanted to use a staff and I was hoping for a small weapon and bow/packets. Does anyone have anything we could borrow? Or any ideas on how we can get a hold of these things on such short notice?
Edit: Also my friend needs magic packets, I just remembered
Thanks!
-Jess/Ladeon

Last edited:
I can bring some extra bow packets, though I'm down to about 60 in my supply. I'm sure either someone else or plot can loan you the weapons.

Excellent to hear you'll be coming out to the upcoming event and I look forward to meeting you! I actually have a spare staff (though it's a little on the shorter side compared to some other staffs) and two spare daggers that y'all could borrow. They're mostly just taking up space in my house, so I'd be fine selling them for super cheap if you wanted to keep them.

That would be super awesome, guys! Thanks!

I have a longbow and a heavy crossbow and I can bring either or both.

I forgot to mention, I can also bring some extra armor if you guys or any other new players are interested in borrowing any. Here's what I have available that I won't be wearing myself:

(Pauldrons = shoulders/upper arms, bracers = forearms, tassets = upper legs, greaves = calves)
2-point leather scale shirt with built-in pauldrons (14 points on its own, should fit a guy between about 150 and 200 lbs depending on build)
3-point steel scale shirt with detachable pauldrons (21 points on its own, should fit either a tiny guy or smallish woman, made for my 110lb wife)
3-point steel kidney belt and tassets (~9 points on its own, rather large, not super comfortable, but looks badass)
2-point aluminum chainmail coif (4 points on its own, one size fits all - it fits over my fat head and giant hair just fine)
2-3 point leather/steel bracers (2-3 points, the material is kinda borderline)
2-point leather greaves (brown greaves with flowers painted on, slightly girly if that's a concern)
3-point steel Roman style helmet with padded cap
3-point black steel helmet with built-in padding (the face opening rubs on my upper lip a little, I wouldn't wear it all day)
2-point leather pauldrons (not sure if the strapping is all intact, but they work)
Two pairs of 2-point leather tassets (one pair is kinda oversized)

I'm just now realizing how much armor stuff I have that I don't use. I might have to sell some of this stuff off at some point. :eek:

The armor totals I'm putting for each of these don't include in-genre or mastercraft bonuses (up to 6 extra points you can get for high quality costuming and armor) and are completely up to the local armor marshal's discretion. That said, I am an armor marshal at Alliance Chicago and I've had most of these evaluated by SoMN armor marshals, so I'm relatively confident in the numbers.

ya i didn't knew that costume you wear = armor rating. so being tank wearing cloth going suck. i thought it was more stat wise vs costume parts. for noobie going to event hard to come up with gear. i love to wear plate/heavy hide but thats cost amount is insane for just larping =D or at leaset for me

I never knew you had so much armor. I'll be first in line if you're selling any of that!

Kyle, if I could borrow the crossbow that would be awesome! And when it comes to armor, if you have anything brown leather or gold-ish/tarnished metal that will fit a small female, I'd love to check it out. (Looking awesome in my costume is definitely not a priority here at all pffft....)

I also have a 20pt suit of Arcane Armor that I pass around to newer players, it definitely helps for those non-scholars w/o armor, so it sounds like everyone is covered.

Kyle, if I could borrow the crossbow that would be awesome! And when it comes to armor, if you have anything brown leather or gold-ish/tarnished metal that will fit a small female, I'd love to check it out. (Looking awesome in my costume is definitely not a priority here at all pffft....)
I'll make sure to bring the crossbow and some armor. The best armor I have for small females is the green and black number you can see in this picture - it's not gold-ish, but it's slightly rusty nowadays and the bracers have gold hardware on them. :)

I can also bring a staff, longbow, small crossbow, arrow packets, and some quivers. I don't think I have any daggers made up just now but I'll check my inventory

I think I've got a spare spear around here somewhere as well, if I can figure out where I put it when I moved. Just in case anyone wants to learn the best one-handed weapon ever. :cool:

Thank you, all of you, for helping us out! It's super helpful and making this whole thing less stressful and more exciting. Can't wait to meet all you awesome people.

Back