New Props Department- Positions Available!

FOIGofWar

Artisan
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen (and Collin Babcock)!

My name is Tom, and I'm an... oh, wait, wrong forum.

My name is Tom, and I'm the new Head of the Props Department for Alliance Headquarters.

I am currently putting together an awesome, rock solid team to make Alliance HQ look shiny, new, and incredible this season!

I'm looking for Lead positions, as well as small teams to be under each Lead.

Wardrobe- costuming, clothing, and the appearance of our game.

Armory- weapons, packets, and even some armor!

Set Design- the way the town/event as a whole looks.

Make-up Effects- latex applications, makeup, and supplies for them.

Special Effects- sound effects, fogwork, and explosives!

Lead and Team positions will be well compensated in gobbies, magic item picks, and unending accolades from our players.

If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact me at alliancehqprops@gmail.com

Thank you, play on!

Tom Haswell

awesome! message sent. :)

Are there any particular items you want donated to your props department?

Honestly I'd much prefer long tunics to pants.

Long tunics (say, "average person knee length") gives us another top layer, does not catch on brambles, is less likely to age/split with hard wear, is more period for commoner wear, is more likely to "one size fits most," and equally covers over shorts/non-period pants.

Additionally, we can use an infusion of new weapons- especially the "new full length" long and shorts. I have a post coming on that in the next couple days. Any other questions PM me!

Do NPCs really want to wear what are basically used pants? It's not that hard to require them to bring some.

Medical scrubs are like $5 and work great and come in brown. Sweats come in black. I don't know that it's necessary we supply pants. What's next, shoes? Underwear?

I mean, I don't know of many people rocking pants w/o underwear, so it's not like there's anything nasty going on in them just by nature of being pants.

Undrask said:
I mean, I don't know of many people rocking pants w/o underwear, so it's not like there's anything nasty going on in them just by nature of being pants.

You're not wearing my pants Frisco.

Duke Frost said:
Do NPCs really want to wear what are basically used pants? It's not that hard to require them to bring some.

Medical scrubs are like $5 and work great and come in brown. Sweats come in black. I don't know that it's necessary we supply pants. What's next, shoes? Underwear?

Well, we post all over the place that they should bring appropriate pants, but obviously they are not. What other choice do we have? Send them home?

People are wearing shorts and not long pants because it's been so hot. Not because they didn't bring them. I'm not 100% sure requiring long pants on 95 degree days is necessarily the way to go. Why not keep the same kind of requirements we have for long pants. No gym shorts. No crazy or multi colors and if your tabard doesn't cover it, no cargo pocket.

I know we want to encourage good costuming, but dictating to people what they can and can not wear is a bad plan. It just makes us look overly controlling.
--bill

dreadpiratebill said:
I know we want to encourage good costuming, but dictating to people what they can and can not wear is a bad plan. It just makes us look overly controlling.
--bill

It's been our plan for 15 years. We can 100% control what leaves our NPC camp and encourage our PCs to maintain certain standards. We can send back NPCs to put on their makeup better, put on a more appropriate tabard, etc.

If someone shows up dressed like robocop or Captain Kirk and won't change after being spoken to gently yet firmly, I'm sending them home. No ifs ands or buts. I will also spend time talking to them about how to improve their costuming or lending them stuff from monster camp if they don't have anything appropriate.

I'll talk to people if others don't want to be the "bad guy". I'm also very understanding to the first time player or the person that just forgot one event. But if it becomes an every event thing for some people, I will ask them to leave.

And I am overly controlling. If I wasn't, we wouldn't have a camp site to play on. I'm just good at being overly controlling without stepping on people's toes (most of the time).

People absolutely wore shorts in medieval times when it was hot out (which wasn't that often in medieval Europe as there was a mini ice age at that time). Generally they would be hidden by a long tunic, much like several other posters have suggested we get for NPC camp.

So basically, plain, solid colored shorts would work, though they were almost exclusively white in medieval times (easier to bleach and boil).

Attachments

• cotton-underwear-set-1.jpg
    cotton-underwear-set-1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 380
Duke Frost said:
dreadpiratebill said:
--bill

It's been our plan for 15 years. We can 100% control what leaves our NPC camp and encourage our PCs to maintain certain standards. We can send back NPCs to put on their makeup better, put on a more appropriate tabard, etc.

If someone shows up dressed like robocop or Captain Kirk and won't change after being spoken to gently yet firmly, I'm sending them home. No ifs ands or buts. I will also spend time talking to them about how to improve their costuming or lending them stuff from monster camp if they don't have anything appropriate.

I'll talk to people if others don't want to be the "bad guy". I'm also very understanding to the first time player or the person that just forgot one event. But if it becomes an every event thing for some people, I will ask them to leave.

And I am overly controlling. If I wasn't, we wouldn't have a camp site to play on. I'm just good at being overly controlling without stepping on people's toes (most of the time).

I was thinking more about cargo pants and shorts. Obviously people need to be in period. I've worn cargo pants as amaranthus for 10 years. I didn't think I was breaking anyone's game.
--bill
*edited cuz my phone sucks for typing.

And some of my best pants are $10-$15 sweats from Sears. It can be done. They even stock summer and winter weights which can be found plain black. Once you put a tunic and some boots on you look almost identical to "period" gear.

Joe Siegel

dreadpiratebill said:
Duke Frost said:
dreadpiratebill said:
--bill

I was thinking more about cargo pants and shorts. Obviously people need to be in period. I've worn cargo pants as amaranthus for 10 years. I didn't think I was breaking anyone's game.
--bill
*edited cuz my phone sucks for typing.

Aren't your cargo pants usually covered by your tunics? Don't get me wrong, I love cargo shorts as much as Charlie Sheen, but in our game they should be more covered than not. If someone is running around with a black t-shirt and black cargo pants or cargo shorts that are not covered by a decent tunic or tabard, yes, it does break my game :)

I still don't want to wear dirty, stinky NPC pants, haha.

Back