New Race?

Medb

So I was reading and saw that this past weekend Gary introduced a new race to the game. He didn't say anymore about it so I decided to search the board and find out what he was talking about. I found it! The new race is Dryads! PCs will now people able to play plant people. I personally think that's kinda cool. I was just thinking about all the possibilities with a new race. Apparently from what I read on the main board under "races" you will be able to make and play this PC when the new rule book comes out. Just to give you guys who don't want to find the other board an idea of what it will be like to have a Dryad PC I'll copy what Justin H. wrote as Paythin on the other board:

"Dryad (The Children of Autumn)

Max Armor for each class reduced by -6
Resist Binding (4 Build per) No max
1/2 cost for herbal lore
Can only use the following weapon types:1h blunt, 2h blunt, staff, thrown weapon, bow (No crossbows)
The race has an aversion to metals (which is why they don't use certain weapons or want to wear metal armor and should be Roleplayed accordingly).

Dryads are NOT plant scavengers just as Sarr are not cat scavengers they're a unique race in the different realms of Fortannis who's finally making their debut and mark on the world."

I don't know about anyone else but I am very excited about the possibilities for roleplay this new race will bring up. I also was wondering how everyone who played HQ liked the race. So far no one has spoken very much about it it other to say that its cool. Gary, from the NPC side of things how did the PCs take the introduction?
Alright I think thats enough out of me. Tell me what you all think!

BTW, just so everyone knows, it was Ray, our plot guy who did most of the writing for this race. Roy (the owner of Min), and I did the coordinating, and I ran the encounter at the national, which Ray wrote as well.

It went great! We kept a lot of things vague so as not to limit other chapters who will want to write their packets for the Dyrads (Children of Autumn) a little differently.

There will be a lot more fleshing out with regard to this new race, but the gist is there: Dryads

There you go. Thanks, Emily.

Gary

Just a point of clarification, the national event was NOT an HQ event. The national campaign is it's own chapter, with it's own continent and own plot. The event happened at the site that HQ is home'd at, but was the first event of what is essentially a new chapter that brings together the best creative talent from ALL the Alliance Plot teams and creates a Voltron of plot-awesome. Dunno where the next national will be, but these events are not to be missed. (Yep, I'm telling you to set aside an emergency fund in case the next one's in Seattle or Michigan)
-toddo (NOT a plot member for National, just a fan)

Sunnfire said:
Sarr are indeed just cat scavangers.

Then why do we have restrictions on our weapons and don't get to pick our racials?

Pantzike said:
Because Gorbe are so awesome they need to be limited so they don't completely take over the world.

:cool:

The Children's introduction was awesome; the roleplay from the PCs was great, they were definitely trying to figure out whether we were "normal" or a monstrous race. By the end of the encounter I'm pretty sure some people still hadn't realized we were a playable race!

Funny moment: Krenel the Barkskin (Sean) accidentally pulled a leaf out of his crown so he acted like he'd pulled a hair out. Glorianna immediately asked for it, and we all kinda looked at her funny. Then the guy sitting next to her asks "In my lands, when you plant a leaf, sometimes a whole new plant grows. Is that true of your people?" The Children start to laugh, and Krenel shakes his head and goes "Ok, I'm sorry nobody ever explained this to you, but... When a man and a woman love each other very much..." The tavern erupted.

as i recall, it has some thing to do with a gist and an ungist, and an army of soldiers or something like that, i think darius can explain :p

Sunnfire said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Sunnfire said:
Sarr are indeed just cat scavangers.

Then why do we have restrictions on our weapons and don't get to pick our racials?

Because someone way back when, was a giant tool.

OK, time for Kalaji to take out Kainen and prove to the snake that he's not just a cat scavvy. ;)

Shhh said:
Gosh, Samara, what does happen when a man and a woman love each other very much? Please, continue your explanation.... :D

Well you see Jeff, let's just say they have a very very special hug...

...And then a stork brings a baby. Yeah.

You know what, ask Gary. He and ya mutha have a lot to say on the subject, apparently.

Flyaway Bird said:
Shhh said:
Gosh, Samara, what does happen when a man and a woman love each other very much? Please, continue your explanation.... :D

Well you see Jeff, let's just say they have a very very special hug...

...And then a stork brings a baby. Yeah.

You know what, ask Gary. He and ya mutha have a lot to say on the subject, apparently.

I, also, require flow charts, diagrams and tea....

hmmmm . . .

part plant . . .

uses blunt weapons . . .

doesn't like metal . . .

Sounds familiar . . .

:p

where can i see or read up on these plant persons? ie: can they be ANY plant? just trees? etc...

because mike used to play a plant creature in Gammaworld and if he finds out he can play his plant creature in alliance he may squeel with glee and i just wanna see that!

although a walking poison sumac that shoots explosive poison pods may not be playable...yikes...

so yeah where can i see and read about these things?

look in the races section of the boards (the oog, not ig obviously). There obviously has been a lot of joking, but there's still some good info in there regarding costuming and such.

Back