New technology that could revoloutionize LARPing?

MathGwyson

Artisan
My business coach sent me this. If applied correctly it could revolutionize LARPing.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1665495/sim ... o-graphics

For one thing, it might be used to track stats, so no more forgetting to apply the effects of a 'magic armour' or trying to do the mathematics quickly in your head while fighting. Combined with motion sensor technology already on the market, it could 'track' when a weapon hits (and compare for legal hits etc). Having a small wrist-screen that could show you your current buffs and stats would be helpful (and getting *really* fancy, might have some kind of messaging system so marshals could send important messages to them without having to pull them aside)

Still somewhat early technology - but it has tons of potential.

MathGwyson said:
Having a small wrist-screen that could show you your current buffs and stats would be helpful (and getting *really* fancy, might have some kind of messaging system so marshals could send important messages to them without having to pull them aside)

Removed due to malware warning

Pipboy anyone?

evi1r0n said:
MathGwyson said:
Having a small wrist-screen that could show you your current buffs and stats would be helpful (and getting *really* fancy, might have some kind of messaging system so marshals could send important messages to them without having to pull them aside)

Pipboy anyone?

He's a witch!

Oh yeah, I forgot the screen display would be anachronistic in a non-tech setting. Whoopsie. Maybe something with Google Glasses, since we are allowed glasses :D

(I don't get the pipboy reference, though, unless that's a reference to Fallout, because he does somewhat resemble the fallout mascot but I haven't played those all the way through, so IDK).

Yes that pic is a knock off of the Pipboy from Fallout 3. :thumbsup:

The display you were talking about has a lot of similarities to the Pip-Boy 3,000 from the Fallout series.

Kate and I were talking about that at the last event, or perhaps two events ago. I think it's cool that people wouldn't get to cheat a death count. If the beeper goes off you're rezzin'

also I have a hard time remembering the count of something that hits me like the damage it does...I suck at math..that looks like a brain saver!

Back