New Things

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,
A few changes will be coming starting with the next event.
1. Logistics will now be at the healer's guild. You will arrive, get your cabin assignment, unload at your cabin, park your car, and return for envelope and tags. ( not necessarily in that order) This will eliminate the late start we experienced because the NPCs couldn't do makeup all at once in our tiny bathroom upstairs. We moved the makeup downstairs so we now have a makeup area, with table and large mirror.
2. New start time- We will begin a soft lay-on at 9pm. What does that mean? It means no matter where you are at 9pm, game begins and you may start role-playing. During that time, there will be no large fights. There might be some rp sent out, maybe a module hook, and maybe some small crunchies in the distance, but that is all.
3. There will be no more OOG opening ceremonies. We will only hold IG opening ceremonies if something about the plotline demands it and will post it in advance on the IG forum boards. If there are any new weekend rules things to discuss, we will do so before the encounter where it occurs and not en masse to save everyone's time. As such, assume at 10PM a Hard lay-on and anything goes. At this time, NO CARS are allowed on the upper half of camp.
4. Merchant's guild will be moved to a better location at the building labeled "Trading Post" behind the healer's guild. This is also where you will report for a Weapons check. The marshal on duty will have a list of all attendees and will cross off each as you show up. Failure to present weapons for inspection here will not allow to use those weapons until a marshal checks them. After 10pm, any late arrivals may bring their weapons to NPC camp for a check.
5. Mage's guild will be located to a better location in the main ring to a building labeled "Cook's Roost."
6. All wards and wizard locks will be cast in game. For the baronial teams, the duchess will send a representative to each of your cabins to cast the ward in game. This person will also carry a sheet of marshall notes so you may post it inside your cabin, along with all who are invested in that ward. For anyone else wishing to purchase a wizard lock or ward, you must do so in game, prior to the meetings at 11, or make prior arrangements via letter (email) to the mage's guild if you wish.
Many of these changes come from player suggestions and we hope you appreciate our attempts to streamline things and make for an overall better experience.
Jesse

Nice! Some great changes it seems like.

All of these sound really good Jesse, Thanks for posting them.

I am thrilled with all of these suggestions. Thanks for listening to our feedback. I believe that all of these will be really positive, and will streamline their respective areas.

Trace

Question about Marshal Notes - Rivervale has been using our own pre-printed marshal notes - are those okay, or should we use the one's provided by the Ward caster?

Ward_Notes.png

Edit: Added example

That's right... Even our Marshal Notes are Rivervale branded! You should see our locker ID tags. :)

The problem with Rivervale locker tags is that they hang the locker key right on them;D

Those are fine provided that you tape them with that side turned around. I don't want to actually "see" the marshal notes. We do this in the event someone has a ward vs. a wizard lock, so any other players entering cannot simply read the notes easily and then come back at 4am and cast a dispel!!!
In addition, the only out of play areas should be under the beds.... is there something else that you wanted to see as OOG in your cabin?

Tiatar has been blocking off the center part with the OOG lockers as an OOG area, changing room, etc. We were originally under the impression that was fine, as no IG stuff was stored there.

Indeed, Rivervale has sectioned off the locker area as well.

As far as the notes themselves go, the only thing visible is the stylized "W" required by the spell, the sheet above is the reference for Rogue Marshals. Both are attached by hidden magnets to the door so they don't blow away.

~I

Jesse, for the baronial teams, can we get some idea of what time(s) we need to be at our cabins for the in-play casting of the Ward?

If we have team members who work late on Fridays and cannot arrive onsite by 9:00 pm, what, if any, accommodations will be made for their investiture into the Ward?

Thanks,
Trace

As a player in other chapters, I would say keep a few Lesser Invest scrolls or have someone mem. one so they can cast it later for anyone who maybe late to the event.

Heh, we're all like 3rd level, and even one 4th level spell is a major deal for the 3 Celestial casters among the PCs who can cast spells that "high level." We Acarthians are wee, Matt, very very wee. :)

Trace

Ok...then...see if the local "Merchant" guild, if run by a npc, could have some to sell? Or the Celestial could have some for sale? Does anyone have the gobbies?? They could gobbie a Lesser Investment item? The one way to deal with it is.."sorry, you're not invested in the Ward"...and they need to buddy up with someone that is...that's what I have done in the past when team members were running late or not arriving till late... out of game they would put their stuff in the cabin but then come into game with all their in-game stuff and then we would truck them up to the cabin and have the unload their in-game stuff...

Or one could, you know, wake up and kill invaders instead of worrying about a ward in the first place.

Then you actually can make money if they have something worth while! No need to spend it on an item!

Just as a bit of background cause there is a lot of assumption here. The Dutchess of Acarthia currently grants the noble courts a free ward at events as a reward for fealty. So this is not a matter of spent resources, but how to manage time around the receipt of resources already to be recieved.

There was no assumptions, just answering a question. A question that was better off asked in game, IMHO. As casting a Ward is spell, there for, an In Game action. Not trying to sass anyone or start an argument.
Just trying to give ideas out of game, as I know a lot of your players are new to the game and said mechanics of the game.

Sorry if I came across as argumentative, it wasn't my intent, only pointing out that the question was more logistical than tactical and asked in the OOG forum I just wanted to make sure the logistical question was not lost in the tactics discussion.

Circling back to local resources from the Denver game -- Jesse, when you have a chance, could you weigh in on this? One aspect is that we have Logistics and Weapons Marshalling staff which need to be other than in the cabin before game start. We're trying to plan out how best to manage our time on Friday night.

Thanks very much!

Trace

Back