new to this kinda confused

Nlavoie

ive read the free pages that were available online to read for free, but totally confused on the profenicency or what id call leveling up...What I guess my question is, are you guys paitent with the newbies and explaining as we go or do ya just throw us into it? really stoked to give this a try :)

In my experience, everyone has been very helpful to new players.
The recommendation is to spend the $ on a pdf of the rules. Learn some of the basics. And NPC for a weekend to get the hang of things.

In general people are VERY newbie friendly. No new players = the game dying out, so nobody wants to drive folks away.

Most chapters have a new player rep, and they'll take some time out at the beginning of the game to show you the basics. As was mentioned, NPCing is a great way to learn the game.

Leveling up actually happens between events- you don't earn points per monster or that sort of thing the way you would in a video game or table-top.

For example if you start the game knowing how to use a sword but want to learn to use a shield, all you'd need to worry about while actually playing would be to find somebody to teach you how to use a shield. At the end of that event you'd earn a set amount of build points that you can spend toward building your character. So you wouldn't have to worry about the technical bits while at the game.

Hope this helps.

thanks guys all this helped tons! even more excited now. def gonna buy the book too. I prereged and put down PC tho so now im kinda freaked out i don't want to be thrown into anything..

Where are you planning on playing?

-Luke

Back