New to Town

tennyo.san

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Hello!

I have been walking for several weeks now and should finally be reaching Hope's Reach this market day. Since I am new to town, is there a place for me to set up my tent or find a bed to sleep in? I have a lot of questions should someone have time to answer them. I'm sure I have questions for almost all who'd be willing to answer. I also have some services to offer of myself. As for my name, it is terribly long so please feel free to call me Vain. I hope to get to meet as many of you as possible.

With Hope!

~Vain~

Hello,

It would bring me nothing but joy to tell you about things and answer all of your questions. Unfortunate I your dreaming is extremely difficult to understand. It's as if the thoughts blind what my eye would otherwise understand. All that aside good luck in all of your future endeavors have fun adventuring.

-Ark

Ark,

Will you be at the market day? How will I be able to know it is you I approach? Sorry for the brightness, I have dimmed my dreaming a bit. I am perhaps a little more excited then I realized.

Well Wishes,

~Vain~

Vain,

If I remember this tavern correctly, there will be more than enough beds for everyone. I want to say there's one large bunkroom as well as two smaller rooms. If you have questions, feel free to ask them here, but if you'd rather ask in person, I'm sure either Asher or I would be more than willing to fill you in. Asher is a Child of Autumn with green hair who carries a long tan staff; I'm a Child of Autumn with long brown hair and red flowers. I usually carry a shield with an eagle emblem and wear brown leather scale armor.

Briar of First Forest
Protector of the Earth Guild

Briar,

Thank you for this information. My most important question is who are people of power, nobility, or importance that are oft in town? If the weather holds, I will be wearing a soft green dress under my outer garments; otherwise it will be purple. As for other appearances, my horns are golden.

Well Wishes,

~Vain~

Hello!
I hope the weather is bad because I am also purple!

Asher is pretty important. For instance, he could say "Hey everyone, we could either start a war with some people out else be friends but we're pretty much starting a war because I'm magical and I said so" and then it would happen. Like that one time when that happened and it was super sad.*
Victor von Griffin is also important. He wears a red belt that gives him superpowers or something. Last month a different guy with way more superpowers came to town and gave him a bunch of stuff, and he made us sit down and stand up and sit down again while he talked. Victor is also really good at leading people into battles. Into the fight, I mean, not that he starts battles. (So not like Asher.)
Thorador used to be important but he got rid of his belt. He's still pretty good at stuff, though.
There's also my big brother Briar, he's dumb but good at fighting and everyone always says he's best at everything and everyone always wants him to come fight with them and people keep giving him stuff, then they say I guess it's okay if that purple thing comes too maybe even though I've been adventuring almost as long as him and I'm pretty super famous back home.
There's also Panda who is important but also super nice and awesome!
Socora is also super nice and runs the tavern.
Oh and Dure'dhel is important and good at magic. And he's also nice to people and lets me help with stuff and be useful.
Also York is the best battle buddy and isn't a jerk like some other battle buddies who are mean to me. And his sister Lily is nice and really smart.
And I guess Thorgrim is the new deputy sheriff even though he did that one thing that one time.
Also Birch is the Elder of the local grove.
Also Garth is important in the Earth guild. He's the best at teaching things.
Also there's Gillea, who's king of the mist fish or something like that.

* There were 11.

Thank you Dagmara for your wisdom of important people.

Vain, you'll fit right in.

- Asher
Aka that guy who starts wars instead of talking to them about not starting wars because negotiating with necromancers of blood and death always works.

Darkcrescent said:
Thank you Dagmara for your wisdom of important people.

Vain, you'll fit right in.

- Asher
Aka that guy who starts wars instead of talking to them about not starting wars because negotiating with necromancers of blood and death always works.

It can work sometimes Dear Asher, you just have to give things a chance and not jump to unreasonable conclusions.

I must disagree with my good friend Dagmara (we've bonded quite well over our love of puppies, although we have some slight differences in preferred breeds) I hope the weather holds, Green is one of my favorite colors.

-McGregor The Lich King

Um, Let me know if you need anything made okay? I'll probably not get into town until real late on Friday, there's a mess at my workshops made by some careless Rabbit that I need to clean up, and I should probably stop by the earth guild for a fresh bandage/healing. The Big important people tend to be Asher, Fern, York (although he pretends otherwise) and Von Griffon. Dure'del won't be coming he said which is to bad, and um...let's see Regan got stolen away by some guy who thinks he's so important he has to keep her all to himself, so she probably won't be there.

Kit will probably help you if you need something, but he's a bit bloody magicky and is more concerned with the familia usually, but he generally won't let anyone die which is really helpful. Ark is a really good fighter, but I'd be careful cause I'm pretty sure he might ply his charms on a pretty mwe in a soft green dress.

-Jehyu

Dagmara,
Thank you for your knowledge. Do you also have insight on the one Jehyu mentioned named Fern? What do you mean by superpowers?

Asher,
I do hope you are correct and I fit in since these are my first travels outside of Roskeria.

Jehyu,
Is Regan being held against her will? If so then we should free her of him. I have need of a couple things but I do not have a lot of coin at the moment and am not sure what the cost of them would be down here in Gaden. Thank you for the compliment.

Ark,
Should I worry about this?

What/who is a Lich King?

Well Wishes,

~Vain~

I'm not saying we shouldn't have done it, Asher, I'm just saying it's your fault. I'm sorry you feel bad, but that's pretty much what happened. If you want the credit, you have to take the blame, too. You got rid of a necromancer and got a title and presents and everyone clapped for you and told you how great you are; 11 other people helped you and got to die for it. You didn't even give me thirty seconds to cry after Briar dissipated in my arms. Since you want to be all big and important, you have to accept that those people wouldn't have been on the field if you hadn't asked it of them. Just because people are giving you stuff now doesn't mean you can have it for free.

Lich king, I already told you, pantherghasts are not puppies! Also the first time we met you killed my friend Thorador. I ran all the way to the inn and back looking for a life spell, but I couldn't find one, and when I got back no one asked where I had gone because no one noticed when I left. Also you tried to circle-res my other friend whom I had just resurrected like ten minutes before that. Maybe we could be better friends if you got yourself the Gift of Life. As far as presents go, that would be a pretty good one. Didn't you like being alive? You can't hug your friends anymore after you're dead because it's gross and creepy. If you were alive I bet we'd be the best friends ever, and I would get you some proper puppies, the alive furry kind.

Vain, I forgot to say that Jehyu is important too, he makes stuff and is nice. I'm Kit's apprentice; he's kind of dumb but is really good at magic. He's dumb in a different way from how Briar is dumb, though. And Fern is the most important, since he has the best hat; I can't believe I forgot to mention him before! Sorry, Fern. And Regan isn't in prison or anything, she's just married. To a guy who never delivered the puppies I asked for. :p

--Purple

Dagmara,

Some might consider marriage a form of prison {especially if one half doesn't let the other out of the house}. You will have to tell me how dumb differs between different people one day; I didn't realize there was a difference in types of dumb. Why is Fern the most important?

Well Wishes,

~Vain~

Regan can leave whenever she wants (she just isn't able to right now) and she wasn't stolen away. She went to live with the bear in Wayside.

And there are plenty of types of dumb. There's talky dumb, don't-know-how-to-use-a-weapon dumb, put-the-weapon-in-the-wrong-person dumb and probably a lot more!

Lightning

I don't care why she isn't here...I just miss my friend....it would have been better if her husband or what ever moved here instead of taking her to some keep....I guess...I mean...nevermind....

-Jehyu

Dagmara,

Let me quote what I had said months earlier about the events that occured in the Battle of Blackened Blood:

"The goal was not to save one man. The goal was to save many. Yes, our comrade Aleksander Nitus was freed from the Empire, as was my master and many Magisters who will ally with us; but we did not just save them. We saved the people of both lands. The Empire is not welcomed in Gaden, in Fortanis and they are not welcomed in their own lands. Eleven brave individuals gave their bodies to defend our lands, our home. I do not pity them, I do not feel sorrow for them, I do not look upon them with regret. I look upon them with thanks. These eleven, and the two dozen others who defeated the Master of Blackened Blood and the Overseer of Great Heights, I give my thanks eternal. Thanks to these people, both High Magisters have fallen permanently. When the market day began, there were 5 High Magisters. Thanks to the adventurers and Duke Idden, there are now 2."

I understand the responsibility, and yes, I received a title from my master for my studies in Lunar magic. Did I receive any special gifts or privledges? No. All that was collected was what we gathered and auctioned off.

To correct you, I don't feel bad. I hold everyone who died that day in high respects. I didn't force us to defend our lands against the Empire, and I couldn't force us. Duke Idden proclaimed the Empire an enemy of the realm and I obeyed and took action. No, that's not a fair statement, WE took action. Adventuring isn't easy, and it's something we all had to make at some point.

There are more dangers that'll come, especially with the Test of Citizenship and worse, if these lands are absorbed into the Empire.

Would I perform this ritual again and trust you all to delay and slay them like you did 2 months ago? Absolutely, I would make the same decision 100 times because we made the right move, we did the right thing, and innocents were protected and saved. If there is anyone who still holds ill in their hearts on this matter, please seek me out in 3 days at the next market. I'll listen, no questions asked.

Vain,
I look forward to meeting you.
- Asher Oakheart

- Asher

Lightning,
Thank you. Maybe one day we can make a list together {it could be fun}.

Jehyu,
It is ok to miss your friend. I'm available to talk if you need a shoulder.

Asher,
Me too.

Well Wishes,

~Vain~

Vain,
What is this thing that you want to know if it should worry you? Anywho you should be able to find me easily, I'll be the mystic with the broken horn and a brightly colored gypsy like person.

-Ark

Ark,

Other than who important people are, I would like to know any specific laws I should know about. And what is a battle buddy?

Well Wishes,

~Vain~

Never mind, Asher. Briar doesn't get it either and I've explained it to him like 87 times.

Vain, your battle buddy is a person who looks out for you when you're in a fight, since the important people might be too busy to notice that you're dead. We non-important people have to stick together!

--Dagmara

Back