Newbie Here! Quick Question and Intro

Bilgewat3r

TLDR: I found LARping and it looks cool. Also I have lived in Colorado more or less all of my life. I want to start LARPing soon if possible but still need to prepare. Oh yeah also a question later on.

Hi everyone! I have recently been looking into the LARPing pastime and it really gets me excited. I have also been doing somewhat moderately extensive research on the rules and the such but you all don't really need to know that or care about that at the moment I bet. So yeah since this is for Denver I'll start by saying I have lived in Colorado (more specifically NoCo) for pretty much all my life and I am looking forward to meeting some or all of you in the future, be it near or not! (I have no idea at the moment when I might be able to make it to an event plus there's a lot of preparing I have to do.)

Question: Even though I have done quite a bit of research in and out of the rule book and around the forums I'm still not entirely clear on if I could be a Celestial Mage along with an Earth Mage. Which is to say can I learn skills from both of them?

Thanks in advance!

You can. See page 54 where it talks about Primary and Secondary cost for spell levels. Essentially, one becomes your primary, and the other becomes your secondary and just costs more. You still have to fulfill the requirements for each (Read/Write, First Aid and Healing arts for Earth, Read Magic for Celestial)

Have you joined our FB group page? We have a combat practice this sunday that you could come to and pick people's brain in person if youd like.

You can. See page 54 where it talks about Primary and Secondary cost for spell levels. Essentially, one becomes your primary, and the other becomes your secondary and just costs more. You still have to fulfill the requirements for each (Read/Write, First Aid and Healing arts for Earth, Read Magic for Celestial)

Have you joined our FB group page? We have a combat practice this sunday that you could come to and pick people's brain in person if youd like.

Thanks for the info! I somehow missed that page earlier but then again I didn't read the whole book (what was it 160 pages?) thoroughly enough I suppose... I would really enjoy the combat practice this Sunday but unfortunately that's when I have family coming over... Have fun if you're going though! And thanks again for the info!

Back