Newbie To Your Chapter, Looking for Lodging

Dar Beltaine

Artisan
Howdy Folks,

My name is Jaimi and I'll be attending your chapter for the first time this weekend. I met some of you for the first time at the October Oregon event and I'm psyched to see you all again. (I'm a leatherworker and some of you have purchased, and possibly will purchase, some of my goods. I make a great Potion Pouch. Shamless Plug: You can find my stuff at LeatherStorm.com)

Anyway, I was wondering how lodging works in this chapter? I expect to ask around and possibly pay in game for a place to rest my adventurer's head, (I'll post IG separately), but out of game, I was hoping someone could tell me how cabins/bunks are used/reserved out of game. Where they are located, or what they're named and what time is okay to arrive on site would also be helpful?

Any advice you have to offer would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Sorry, one more thing.

In addition to inquiring about lodging, I was wondering how food is handled?

Is it provided for every PC as part of the event price? Do I need to pay separately for it? What of food allergies? (I'm gluten free).

Any insight would be great. We were unaware of how it was handled at the Oregon event, which was fine because we came with an RV and our own food, but I'll be solo this time out and will need to know in advance if I need to pack/prepare my own food.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

Skoll Wolfrun said:
There are several buildings available. If you are looking for roommates, there will be slots open in building 34 with myself and my son (who plays a biata).

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/thumbnail ... 600043.pdf

Thanks for the info! Are you implying that it's possible for me to reserve my own cabin? I'd take that if possible but roommates are perfectly fine as well. That said, my character wouldn't house with Biata's comfortably, due to her character history. OOG, I could care less, but IG that would be difficult. Thank you very much for the offer, though. That's very kind of you.

Is there someone specific I should be working with on Lodging and Food? Logistics? GM? Customer Service?

Thanks all,

I know all the housing near 34 tends to be empty. 26 is being acquired by Oakpalm, but there is only a few going to be there this time around.

We have an additional buy-in for food.
With being gluten-free, I would probably recommend having your own food.

Thanks very much. I'll plan to bring my own food and I think I have housing covered now. Woot.

Thanks kindly!

Super glad we'll see you at the Seattle event! It was great meeting you at Oregon!

-Emily

Hey Jaimi!

Joe, who plots in Oregon, plays Bhaskara in Seattle right now and he cooks meals and has a meal plan with limited seating. I NPC in Seattle so Little's meals don't exist, though I've had some people telling me to PC in Seattle so they don't have to think about food much lol Anyway, I'll see you in the kitchen cooking for NPCs since I'm the NPC Food Coordinator guy. And if there's any tea that you might be wanting some more of again, lemme know and I can pick it up before tomorrow's game or on the way there!

Gabe

Hey Gabe,

Thanks for the info! Is there room in a fridge for people to use or should I plan to bring a cooler?

And yeah, I saw the PC meal from that player, but since I'm gluten free, it wouldn't work. I'm happy to cook myself or leave for local food, if there is some, I'm just now looking to confirm all the amenities available. Thanks for your help with this.

As for Tea, YES PLEASE! I would LOVE to buy some of that Mango Sunshine tea again. Whatever $10 bucks will get me. You're awesome!

I'm still jet lagged from a trip home, back east and I have So Much stitching to do. Ugh. Otherwise I'd head out myself to get some.

See you soon!

Cheers!

Hey Jaimi!

I'll swing by The Perennial Tea House after class today on my way to further shopping for NPC meals.

The kitchen at Millersylvania has both a walk in fridge and a large freezer as well as the fully stocked kitchen that is WAY better stocked than the one at Brooks. There's lots of pots and pans there with a definitely plenty of utensils for usage as well. If you have any questions about the kitchen, I can answer most all of them.

Gabe

Awesome! I think that's all I need to know. I'm going to try and bring some pre-cooked meals and I"ll just heat and eat around the normal kitchen craziness.

Thanks a ton buddy!

Back