Traccer

Ok I new to the world of LARPing never done it before but I play D&D and WOW and just about any fanticy or midevil game i can get my hands on. I see that there is an event in January and if work permiting I would most enjoy comeing out and playing as an NPC to get the feel and workings of how the game is run. Now one big question I have is should I get the rule book before I come out or just rely on more experience NPC's for help and wait until the new Eddition comes out. Also any pointers and insites would be most welcome

Thank you All

My personal recommendation is to wait on buying the rulebook.

The more experienced NPCs (and plot peoples) can help teach the newbie NPCs the basics. Also, if you get hit with an effect and you don't know what it does it is completely ok to ask what you are supposed to do. :)

The community is really friendly and willing to help new players learn the system, so don't be afraid to ask questions!

thanks for the info and i am lookin forword to the january event work permitting

YAY!!! (^_^)v More people!!!
I am so excited!
I have a feeling January is going to be a rocking event!

For the January event what would be the best time to show up???

After 4pm and before 8 pm is ideal, but we can deal with people who show up late relatively easily. You run the risk of missing Opening Ceremonies (which gives out some potentially important information at the beginning of the game) if you show up later then that. Any earlier and you'll be kinda bored unless you know where your staying IG, the people who will be there that early will probably have gotten there that early because they have stuff to do.

Personally I don't think you could ever show up too early...Unless you showed up like a day before...but that is just ridiculous. (^P^)

I don't think it would hurt to show up on time so you can figure out which cabin you are staying in. It's always a drag when finding a place to sleep cuts into your game play time. (-_-)

And if you're new. I think opening ceremony will be worth showing up to. Sometimes they explain certain parts of the game ahead of time, like specific effects, that may be used during that event. I think it would help.

Also you can meet other players! (^_^) Which may make role playing more comfortable.

Which reminds me...Is there going to be an afters? I don't think we had a great one in awhile where a lot of people showed up to. D:

So the best time is between 4 and 8 on the 16th correct?? How do the sleeping arangements work, I am going to be an NPC and I would think that they would put the NPCs all together and is it best to prereg even thought the last update for January was that NPC,s have no charge?? Other then any prereg fee's there would, be to get into the park, parking, and staying there in the cabins does that cost anything prity much other then gameing fees are there any other cost I should know about thank you

If you are NPCing there is no cost to you. We even feed you. You might want to bring some snacks and any extra drinks you might want (we provide water).

Sleeping arrangements for NPC's are provided, so you don't need to worry about that, either! Well, other than a sleeping bag/blanket or whatever. One other thing to note, we ask that our NPC's dress entirely in black, preferably wearing boots and showing no logos. It helps with costuming and immersion through the weekend.

Thanks!
Dave

Dave said:
we ask that our NPC's dress entirely in black, preferably wearing boots

This message brought to you by the "We support Emo Kids" and "Black is the new Pink" foundation.

Thank you everyone for all your wonderfull information and it's almost like waiting for chrrstmas moarning the killer antisipation for the January event

Brad Lewis said:
Dave said:

This message brought to you by the "We support Emo Kids" and "Black is the new Pink" foundation.

Really? Reminds me more of apathetic drama kids...oh wait! Isn't LARPing kind of like improv acting????? (O.O) lol.

Brad Lewis said:
Dave said:

I just pictured a flock of NPCs in pink jumpsuits.

Just one mod dave? Please? We can call them flamingoes.

kasuni said:
Brad Lewis said:
Dave said:

I just pictured a flock of NPCs in pink jumpsuits.

Just one mod dave? Please? We can call them flamingoes.

DO IT!!!! :D

Where are you going to get the pink talbards?

Back