Nightmare elementals

Stripe

Scholar
Um, hey everyone

So, these nightmare elementals have been showing up again, and are kinda becoming a bigger threat 'n stuff, so I figured this would fall under the 'things everyone should so so people don't die' category.

Um, anyways, these things can infest people and mess up their sleep like before, but now they can also open up a portal into people's dreams as well. Or whatever dreams they put in people's head, or whatever plane dreams are actually on. Never was clear on that point, and also don't care. Point is, they open up a portal to make nightmares come out, and others can go in to stop that. Basically. Go ask a wizard if you want more details than that.

Anyways, um, the elemental spirit things in there are tough, and can kill you and stuff. What we do know... or at least this is how I understand it... running around yelling that this whole thing is a dream is a bad idea. And not my bad idea this time. The big one (ones? I really don't know how many of them there are...) can put you to sleep with their attacks, and are smart enough to take your magic items when you go down. Also, at least one of them has a magic shield now. I'd like it back if anyone can kill it and take it's stuff. Secondly if any of them tell you they'll let you and your friends go if you surrender, it's lying and will probably just kill you. This is probably true for just about anything we wind up fighting really, which is kind of depressing when you think about it. Finally, they're very weak against awaken spells and those with the ability to break command effects. You can hit them with the spell, or just drink an awaken potion since you're kinda asleep- or in a dream plane- or some sort of magical nonsense that says in works. Because it does. Purify spells don't work though.

So, seeing as we had a total of just about nobody with awaken spells or potions last market day, I'm going to suggest at least a few people start bringing them just in case, again so everyone doesn't die. Um, yeah that's it. And also a very long winded demonstration of why I don't get asked about magical stuff much. So, um, just be careful then, and if anyone else knows some stuff about this, it'd probably be good to tell everyone.

-Tarqaq the Arctic Fox-kin

Anyone Tainted by a nightmare elemental should come to either my keep, or the cabin my group sleeps in at our soon to be renamed location. Both have been enchanted to remove this taint, but sleeping in such an area should be done immediately. The enchantment in town is stronger, as I have personally reinforced it with my spirit, but please don't wait, the longer the taint festers in your spirit the more likely I will have to battle it personally if the enchantment cannot overcome the effects.

-Enan Bluewater

Tarqaq, Honorable and Esteemed Barrister Bluewater,

Do the powers of a banish spell work against these mind-affecting nightmare elementals/creatures?

May the Light guide you and may Shadow guard your path.

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

I am unsure if a banish would be effective, I expect not as these creatures seem to spring from infected people on this plane, but a celestialist may know better than I.

-Enan Bluewater.

Arcanist,

Gandian faced some of these last market day when we though we were each other.He can ge a good resourse to you on these.

Banish does work on the elemental but as they get tougher they have resists.
The issue, as I understand, is that some of the nightmares take form and begin to exist truly, from there they are not simply destroyed by a banish. Also the creature that shot spells back weirdly at us was not an elemental, it looked like an undead but it wasnt harmed by earth.

Just trying to help,

Jehan

All,

Whilst I did fight some of these abominations in June, I don't think I tried banishing them, so I don't know if that works or not.

However, accompanying the Nightmare Elementals in June was beyond doubt a Corrupt, shrouded in a green haze of magic. Jehan, and anyone else who was present, tell me EVERYTHING about this strange creature Jehan describes, for the description given sounds like this was another Corrupt. "Amplified Reflection", a form of catching, twisting, and launching magic, is common amongst Corrupt, and while the scarred, black flesh of the Corrupt may make them appear undead, very few Corrupt are vulnerable to Earth damage.

I think we've confirmed now where Lok rifted an army of Corrupt... and I will do all in my power to destroy them.

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~Gandian Ravenscroft
Corrupt Slayer and Researcher

Gandian....

They were nightmare elementals...and you saw a corrupt...

I don't think this is a conclusive sign that they've somehow jumped the mists.

-Enan

Enan,

I know what you're thinking, but I'm sticking to my theory unless I get concrete evidence to the contrary. I wasn't present when this seeming Corrupt appeared recently, so it couldn't have just been an illusion of nightmare to me alone. I'm sure others saw the Corrupt I saw in June, as well. Did you meet this creature Jehan described, Enan?

Don't be too hasty to push aside the idea of Corrupt appearing; Corrupt have strength in confusion and ambush.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

Gandian,

I too saw these Nightmare elementals. I witnessed the green mist that formed around myself and others. Please bring all information you have on the corrupt on this next market day. If indeed this has happened as we have discussed, I want to utterly distroy them here as soon as possible.

Sera FallingStar

Back