Noob questions

birdman

Hi guys
I am extremely new to larp in general and am wondering two things. First how old do you have to be in this chapter. And second, do you have to bring your own tent to the weekend?

Thanks
Birdman

Hi!

Alliance HQ has a minimum age of 16.

In regards to a tent, if you're NPCing, sleeping space is provided, but I'd bring a sleeping bag or air mattress or something. If you're PCing, you'll either want to bring a tent or post an In-Game announcement on the boards as your character that you're "new in town" and see if anyone has extra cabin space.

If you plan to PC at this upcoming event, I have a tent you can borrow. I'd offer you space in the Nordenn cabin, but 1) I haven't met your character at all :D, 2) I don't exactly have that authority, and 3) we'll probably be full anyway.

Glad you're interested in Alliance!

Thanks,
Mike

EDIT: For some reason I thought people aged 16-18 could only be Pages. My bad.

You absolutely need to at minimum bring your own sleeping bag/blankets etc. If you prefer privacy there is plenty of space for tenting - the staff can show you where the tent spots are for PCs and NPCs.

If you're PCing and don't manage to get into a cabin with a group, there is a common room with bunks that anybody can use, and a separate room behind the scenes for NPCs. That room sleeps about 12.

Out of curiosity, are you playing a gypsy? We generally ward a bunk space for our own and can include you in our bunk number list if you're playing one.

Back