Not sure if this would go here or on the in game but oh well

Hey guys! As many of you know, I'm new to alliance but I <3 it very much already! I'm going to be playing as a stone elf for future events so I was wondering if I could get roleplaying advice that's specific to this region? I know that my character is from the triad but I don't want to be left in the dark.

Here are the things about my character I do know:

1. I'm a celestial caster
2. I'm taking after my father in profession and my mother was a healer
3. I'm traveling the world to gain knowledge
4. I'm a little over 200 years old
5. I can't show emotion or else it will cause excrutiating pain
6. I'm from the triad

I'm hoping for terms they use, the average opinion of other races, culture, and customs. any help will be great

Re: Not sure if this would go here or on the in game but oh

Chris/Bev, can we get this man a race packet please?

lol. thanks! I've already messaged bev and logistics about it but I guess I was curious about if there was anything else I needed to know?

It sounds like you already have a pretty good idea of you character's basics! I have never played a stone elf, so I can't help you with specifics like terminology they use ect. However, you can and should always add you own personal flair to the character! For example, stone elves may consider themselves better than all other races but your stone elf could have a particular aversion to orcs (or whatever). Also, stone elves could have certain customs that are outlined in the TC race packet but your stone elf could come from a group that has a few quirky customs of their own.

Adding little extras like this to your character history can help open up role play opportunities for you along the way. It also helps your character stand out as an individual and adds depth to the character so that you don't end up feeling typecast or as limited in your role play (because it is already going to be tough role playing a stone elf!).

Below is the character history template that GJ and I have used to help us flesh out our characters over the years. I tried to attach it as a Word Doc but it wouldn't work. I left in a few of my personality quirks and goals for Tenacity (Bronze lizard wylderkin) as examples. I hope it helps!

~Alison

(Character Name)

(Character Race)
(Character Class)

Player: (Your name)

1.) Key Aspects of Personality
a.
b. (Has a crazy side to her though as is also characteristic of many drakes.)
c. (Believes that she used to be much more powerful than she is now)
d . (Alignment good, neutral, evil, ect)

2.) Flaws
a. (Doesn’t always take things seriously.)
b.
c.

3.) Goals
a. Return to her former self…the all powerful Tenacity that is well along the road to becoming a DRAGON!
b.

History/Goals/Motivations/Conflicts:
This is where you tell the story (past/present) of your character. Intergrate your goals, motivations, reasons for you flaws/ aversions.

wow that will really help! Thanks alot :lol:

"Not sure if this would go here or on the in game but oh well"

This is the correct forum btw.

If YOU have a question, it goes here. If YOUR CHARACTER has a question, it would go in game :D

If you ask a question here and get an answer of FOIG (Find Out In Game), then your character needs to find the answer for you!

Back