Notice of Resignations (End of the 2019 Season)

Cory Walker

Scholar
To our friends of Alliance

This is a notice of the resignations. I, Cory Walker, am resigning from the position of Head of Plot of Traverse City Alliance by the end of the 2019 season. I alerted our senior staff, Chris Thetford (Owner) and Brigit Convery (General Manager) earlier this year as well as the rest of my plot team. Both Chris and Brigit have decided to resign as well. Our goal is to finish out our current arcs, plots, and hopefully have a new team step forward so that it can be a smooth transition.

There isn't any drama or conflicts, I could have not done head of plot without the support of my team. And we consider you all friends. Just simply that we are all burned out and have different priorities in our lives. It isn't our purpose to cause disruption of Alliance Traverse City, as I understand it can be devastating to lose three senior staff at the same time.

If you are interested in a staff position for the year 2020 and beyond, I would recommend that you talk to any of us.

Sad to hear. I love alliance as it's one of the only things that I look forward to every month, but on the same token, I understand why you guys are resigning and I hope that other people are willing to step up and help move into the next chapter. I can help in anyway possible but I am not qualified to do what you guys do, I hear a fraction of what you guys go through and I know I can't do it. I wish you all the best and also hope that you guys are still willing to come and hang out with us nerds

I’m so sorry to hear this. I want you all to do what’s best for yourselves and I hope you all get the rest you deserve.

I do have a couple of questions however. Does Thetford stepping down mean he is selling the chapter?

Will the world still be in Eloria?

What’s the plan if people don’t step up? Is the dissolvation of the Traverse City chapter a possibility here?

There seems to be, and maybe this is just my perspective that there are quite a current plot lines that don’t seem close to a clean end. I know handing off plot lines tends to be messy but maybe that’s a better option? Just spitballing

I do love all of you guys and I love this chapter. I would hate to see anything happen to it.

Cheers,
Kierra

I do have a couple of questions however. Does Thetford stepping down mean he is selling the chapter?

I think that is his intent from our discussions.

Will the world still be in Eloria?

That will depend on the next plot team.

What’s the plan if people don’t step up? Is the dissolvation of the Traverse City chapter a possibility here?

If no one steps up, yes. I certainly hope that won't happen :(

There seems to be, and maybe this is just my perspective that there are quite a current plot lines that don’t seem close to a clean end. I know handing off plot lines tends to be messy but maybe that’s a better option? Just spitballing

There is a chunk to chew through and try to give some resolution to. I suggest if their are particular plots that you want to see through, you make active progress or letting us know before the end of the 2019 season. I know first hand and would discourage everyone from chasing the next plot team about unfinished plots from another team a few years ago. Don't be afraid to talk to us out of game if there is some plot, but your not sure how to chase it to finish it IG.

I do love all of you guys and I love this chapter. I would hate to see anything happen to it.

Cheers,
Kierra

I want to see the chapter thrive as well, and really hope that people will step up to take over. I do know (and hope it turns out) that we have the most epic closer planned out :)

Back