Oh, forgot about this one...

*Princess & companion walk up to earth circle, portal out*
Kainen: "Holy $#!^, the princess was here?! WHY DIDN'T ANY OF YOU TELL ME?!"
*2 second pause*
Everyone at the table: "Hey Kainen, did you know the princess was here?"
Kainen: "I hate you guys."

that was awsome. :lol:

syra pefferfoot said:
another favorite was johnathan the werewolf, gary you are to funny when you come out as him.

and that night when i was getting ready for bed, i heard a tapping at the window and saw johnathan going hey you see a were wolf out here, i mean besides me?
me: nope
him: cause i smell him, and i smell feathers
and then i make a shocked look on my face and point behind him and he turns around. then while im laughing im thinking in my head: probabbly not a good idea to taunt a werewolf.

saturday night i turned in early and when michigo came in, she had her back to my bunk and didnt see me roll over and grab her shoulder. lol, she must have jumped 3 feet. <3 u :p

Wait, Johnathan was looking for a werewolf with feathers?

That scares me retroactively.

Nov faves
1.Being a redcap archer on one of the fort assault, and the RP w the defenders.
2.Jones's riff raff education.
3.Ben's skeevy merchent, yeessssss.
4.Hanging in NPC camp again.
5.Gypsy assassins for Walt.
6.Oh no no I'll never go to work!
More later
Love Ben Waterman

Laguna Hallik said:
Wait, Johnathan was looking for a werewolf with feathers?

That scares me retroactively.

He never found you? See, you should have stayed in our cabin after all. We had all sorts of fun with big bads in there.

Just have a few more favs..

Relearning a song I forgot I knew with Michiko and the other elf. It was fun singing with you Becca thanks.

Again the food in the taver was totaly amazing. I've never been to an event with such great food!

Munching on food on the way to the wave battle and dumping most of the meat in the sheapard's pie into Vry's bowl.

I love it how Ren never says anything to Lanna. Lanna thinks that Ren like hates her. Amilia you;re amazing I love RP with your charries even if there's little to no reply from them.

The fact the even though it was wet and miserable all weekend the game still goes on. Us LAPR's are hardcore!

any way that's really it.

Lanna Rose said:
Relearning a song I forgot I knew with Michiko and the other elf. It was fun singing with you Becca thanks.

I enjoyed singing with you as well. :)

syra pefferfoot said:
Michiko said:
Just wait. I'll get you my pretty! And your little dog too!

but i dont have a dog. :p

Ooops. I guess that was someone else's dog. Oh well.

Faves:

Gary's sneak attack mirror. I never had a chance.

This was the first time I've played Laguna in a year and the Deadlands team gave him some big chances to feel like a rockstar. Thanks for every one of them.

RP with the Biata. It's a shame Jarrin permed, I was just getting to know him. Nicodemus and Amaranthus were real testaments to Biata roleplaying.

Sean at all times was the perfect Alliance entertainer. Scary, funny and awesome.

The tower assault with Theoden, Zehn, Kogara, Qualin and the healer whose name I forgot. Irony.

Kotual, Ren, Ange, Dagon, Happiest Dark Elf, Azurath, Michiko and many, many more. Thanks for making the world feel real.

Thanks Deadlands crew, I can't wait til next season.

Collin

oh so laguna, your the biata werewolf
and here i thought that johnathan had just gone crazy
er, crazier

:p

Ok here we go. Short list due to OOG crap causing me to kinda miss half the event. But the ending was more epic then I can possibly describe.

RP with all the Biata. Getting to act like at least a bit like a leader.

RP with Nic. Amar origonaly never saw eye to eye with some of his opinions, but this weekend we were both realy on task and worked well together. Some really good conversations.

Having collum B Emilio in my head, and the various "talking to myself" moments. Trying to see the world his way, and giving everyone, no matter what, a second chance and having it work to some extent.

Last second spell shield incant to block a shatter spirit. I made it by the skin of my teeth.

Fixing the people who had their memories blocked. Its cool to have the opertunity to use the Biata stuff, as its quite build intensive and never really gets used. Kudo to Amy's RP as Jin Me - 4 years. Her reaction to the present day were great. Same for John as Theodin.

On that note, the repair blast to Zehnu after a tower fight. I was RP-ing true mental ehaustion from the battles with emilio, having collum B in my head, the fight with void possesed emilio, and Jarrin's perm, and that I just started hearing Veria's voice and she comes up to me saying I need to fix her NOW. I waver but for a second, saying how its going to take time and she was like "do it at once". I warned her how painful it would be, she said do it, and without hesitating I blasted her. Pritty epic moment.

The big one, the grand finale. Hearing Veria's voice after the tower fight. Knowing what was comming, and standing there in-game in shock, telling myself that its not true, that it can't be happeneing. Getting back to town and hearing lauren manifest behind me and instantly knowing who she was, and the complete breakdown it caused. Once it became clear that it was real, and not a trick, Amar lost it. I wrote a tragety into his history to explain what would cause a stuborn 500 year old Biata to suddenly and drasticaly change his life, from farmer to adventurer. That tragety was a wife he truly loved more then life itself having been killed permently by a lynch mob a year before he came into game. I don't cry, due to phychological issues of my own, it just dosen't happen, and I was just starting to tear up when Nic told me she was real and I started to hug her and confesed how much I had missed her, and what it ment to loose her.

Getting the opertunity to RP what it was like for him to see and hold her again, after nearly 8 years, was so unbelivably epic. It was so immersive, and complelling. Luaren got ever detail, every bit right about the character, and brought her to life in ways I never would have thought possible. It was realy heavy emotional RP. The look on her face when I asked if I could go with her when this was done, her reaction, and her words in answer were more perfect then I could have ever guessed. The whole thing was fantastic. Having her stand with me as we faced down Emilio's mind, after spliting town, low on resources, and exhuasted was the ultimate boost. Seriously the most epic moment for the character ever, and I realy dont think it can possibly be topped.

thx for a fun season DL. I had a blast NPC-ing the season and the end of teh closer was hands down teh most immersive emotioal experience I've had in the game. I don't think anything will top that for Amaranthus, and part of me is sad that part is over, cuz it was such a high point I can't see myself getting there again. Thanks again Deadlands, see you next year, residency willing.
--bill

Bill, you totally just made me blush, and tear up again... when I went to change back into my PC gear, I had to sit behind the building for like 5 minutes and cry because that whole thing was so overwhelmingly intense. On the walk up to the fort I kept having to surreptitiously wipe the tears out of my eyes because I knew the last thing your wife would want to do was distract you before that confrontation, and OOG I couldn't stop the tears. It was a good thing the battle broke up that interaction a little, because if there had been more questions like the "Take me with you" and I was going to have to sit down and bawl.

Things like that are why I strongly recommend spending a season or two NPCing, because getting to bring a friend's character history to life, or to be a part of immersing them so totally inside their character is such a personally satisfying experience. (Plus it makes you feel a little like a rock star).

So many mixed feelings from this event.. took me a while to get to posting here.

some favs

Opening battle getting to start in the fort while every one come storming in.

Getting rifted out to legacy... "this is cuz I punched that guy isn't it...?"

Later Acleed rifting in to the tavern and holding Qiu Jin Wu captive

Michiko accidentaly cutting off my ear... The match was unfair due to unfair ear removal.

Conversations with the paladin.

new equipment from toddy... thanks for making me the new gear

RP in the cabin

Hanging with my team.

Finally have a moment to put my favorites up.

1: Fire in the Tavern. Being able to actually dry off a bit throughout Saturday was great.

2: The Phalanx and the twilight elven swarm that followed me everywhere. It was lots of fun actually being able to run around with my team and not have any real responsibility.

3: Defending the fort. I really enjoyed that play off the standard. Well done plot

4: The NPC's for toughing out some really rough conditions on Saturday to come out and play trolls and other various things for me to kill during the day.

5: Jumping off the tower with Rock to chase down the Rider and Casey. Thank you marshalls for rolling with PC shenanigans.

6: Tower fight against the Magisterium (sp?) elementals with Mei, Qualin, Zen, Kogara and Laguna. Very well fought, very neat mechanic and terrifying fail consequence....(I wonder what would happing if you get engulfed by a cloud spitting feeblemind, amnesia and lesser amnesia). Great roleplay by everyone during and after. Thank you Bill for making bringing back the memories so intensive. I got to remember being knighted and at the same time losing close friends to permanent death.

7: Getting to fight with Kianan and Naoko again Theodin really misses having you two on his battlefields.

8: Conversations with Mori and company.

9: Warm dry place to sleep. Thank you JP and Amy

10: Getting to jump the fence at the end to entertain everyone else. I always enjoy NPC'ing but I realy enjoy PC'ing as well.

11: Fighting Emilio. Thank you Sean for a rather intense weekend.

Thank you everyone for a great closer for the season it made me remember why I play the character the way I do. Thank You.

Awesome weekend

I got so in to character worrying about Qualin and thinking he didn't remember Anna at all.
Seeing more familiar faces than i though (not that i can remember everybodies names)
The fort is awesome
Rp with Qualin after the memory lost and seeing the difference in his character

i will probably remember more

JarrinVorgik said:
The Fort enough said!
Seeing pc's faces when they looked in my stone. Sorry meg didn't mean to make you cry.
least favorite thing was my perm but I will be ok.

Bite me.... lol. I love the NH people! Thank you guys so much for an epic closer of a lifetime! 'specialy because I had missed so much in between.

No order at all:

Sleeping Sat night due to terrible OOG sickness, only to hear Matt (IG alexander) SCREAMING my name as he thunders into the cabin, having him help me dress, blushing all the while, being told about Jarrin running into the dark, AGAIN, after somthing attacking Lanna, and finally getting out there all to........find them all sitting by the fire in the tavern. I turned to Alex.
Dell: "Really? THIS is your, "we have to save jarrin's life" huh?" *eyebrow lift*
Alex: *shrugs* "sorry?"

Jarrin's Perm. Lanna had come to Dell, asking for help to reach Jarrin to save him. Keeping Lanna from running strait into Emilio (sean was literally 3 feet away from us), not seeing the opening until the last second, and mad-dashing past a spell-casting dead somethingoranother to reach the body. Flinging Jarrin into Amar's arms, only to watch the life spell bounce off Jame's shoulder three seconds after he dissipated.

The oog conclusion in my head not to cry, not to freak out, but to be with one who got everything taken care of. Scooping up and cinching onto my waist Jarrin's belt, and fighting the rest of the battle. Walking Lanna to the circle, Trying to stop Alexander from blaming and killing himself to no avail, and getting yelled at for it. And the ultimate holding Lanna has she fell apart in my arms. Never felt like more of the "cold hearted adventurer" then when people realized I wasn't crying like Lanna or Alex.

Getting abducted but Squid-thing to be "questioned and numbered". Sean you rock my socks.
Sean: Go to NPC camp and ask for a number and a story
Me: What?
Sean: Go. You'll see. *evil grin*
Then rifting into the tavern, not realizing I was laying RIGHT NEXT TO SEAN as another huge NPC scaryness thing.

All things the Fort. I've never felt so immersed in a battle until I was stuck in the doorway with some big bed REALLY SCARY NPC staring me down. All I could think of was the old loony-toons with the little sign that's held up and reads: HELP ME.

And, as always, thank you so much NPC's for sticking it out in some nasty-*** weather. We were all cold and wet, but no one was mean or sullen, and everyone kept the plotlines epic right to the end. Not everyone can do that. Hells ya NH NPC's!!!

Thank you, kindly. Make sure not to miss next season's closer. It'll be a Caldaria/Deadlands tag team event. I'm hoping to hold it at the same site. We shall see.

Gary

Back