November 2014 Event Favorites

Polare

Count
Nobody else has started a thread so I figured I would.

My personal highlights:

- As always, Arannin interacting with Roan is entertaining and full of surprises.
- Running with some PCs I don't normally go on missions with.
- Getting tighter with D. We're making a pretty damn good team on a lot of things.
- Having a couple of my favorite type of fights - wide open fields in the dark where I can run circles through and around the enemies, happily stabulating all the way. It might get me taken down sometimes when I make a mistake but it's totally worth it.
- Standing in front of something swinging "20 Death" and calling 6 Evades in a row while everyone else catches up and beats it from the other sides (love ya Ken!)
- All sorts of sneaky shenanigans. It's always good to have a plot team that supports you in your endeavors!
- D and Arannin just standing around in a shadow near the pantry and having someone walk by with the comment "You two are some shifty-looking dudes".

Not sure if this was planned, but I enjoyed being given an interesting mental puzzle in the form of a couple of brainwashed cultists. I'll take that rope, thank you. Props to those two for going along with it.

-all the people in our cabin- you all are great roomies : )
-killing vampire-werewolves!
-RP with Panda, Shelk, Tantarus and Arannin
-Arannin shot magic out of the sky with an arrow!
-being angry at Bando
-Bando

The highlight of the event for me was definitely all of the RP around Demona's baby and the feast right after the battle. Such incredible RP from everyone.

The RP around Demona giving birth, Orin not being able to be in the circle for it is going to stick with her for a while
Meeting the person Jacob and the RP with the other people (not spirits) in the Tavern.
My letter from Key Bitch :)
Teaching Pa Chow the word ******* on a very worth recipient :) love you, Evan!
RP with Shelk 'nough said
Finally getting to talk with Durnic a bit
Bando and the conversation with him and Buttons/Fidget/Whatever his name is

Red betting the child would be a High Ogre, and almost winning the whole pot despite everyone, including Demona, telling her those odds were not good. And her saying, "It's got to be a High Ogre boy. Fate would not be so unkind to make it female!"

All my RP with Shelk, Ponya, Lithae and Orin. All of it.

Fighting undead all preggers and declaring to the sky, "See Maxvell! This is how Gypsies does honor!"

Kel feeding me ALL THE CHOCOLATE EVER.

Having meat cravings and eating like a rabid creature in front of people. Azick(?)'s face when I did that was priceless. Ashok took it much better. ;)

The High Ogre's coming into town to tell a story that will come back to haunt poor Demona later when she has her baby. Especially since it was about a bad *** female High Ogre killing Bears with a rock! LOL! She LOVED the story at the time...

Seeing Alcandar SMILE at the baby. Not a ******* creepy-***-smile. A real smile. For just a moment.

Giving Birth in the middle of a ******* battle, having to stop for holds, and then going right back into it. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT WAS? LOL

When Orin finally asked Demona if she could see the baby, and Demona, having not seen it's skin color yet due to darkness, handed the baby over (She was working on instinct and shock and covered the kid to keep it warm as it fed without even giving it a close look for like 10 mins). When Orin finally told her it was High Ogre, Demona said the following, "Nonono...it can't be! It will die before me! When she is a teenager she will have to kill a bear with a rock!"

"She will have to kill a bear with a rock!" is my new favorite quote.

Everything around the baby, the feast, all of that. It was kinda beautiful to see everyone for just a moment, have hope when they saw or held the baby. Lots of feels.

The moment I finally got to take that belly off was pure bliss. ;)

Thank you everyone for the great RP. Little Vas'Shilo appreciated it.

Now she just needs to meet her gypsy family...hehehe

Last edited:
I liked everything about bogi...bograt...bundroo...bingo? Ashock: "Bando. His name is Bando. Bandit. Bando."
I wish I could take Ashock with Luke everywhere he goes to help him remember things. Luke needs a personal assistant. Piecing together how Bando was responsible for killing Glaciers friend was a big "Oh crap" moment.

It amazes me how much stuff will go right over my head when I'm focused on one thing. Everything else just doesn't register like it should.

Flawing rituals, and stuck being courageous all weekend. Vampire Werewolves? I want in! Deadly electrified wire traps? Bring it on! Skelitons come out of the woods? "Have at thee!!"

Celestial hijinks.
Taking the guild exam was super fun. Thank you so much plot for making foxbridge such a personalized campaign location for everybody to join guilds!
Velenzia is so cool.
Glacier the ice Icon is so cool.
Alavatar and Lukes nighttime emergency ritual dash adventure. That was sweet.

Learning that we're going to use the archway as a rudimentary stargate was exciting. I can't wait to see what adventures are ahead of our heroes.

Can I just say the whole event?
I will try to narrow it down to top five.

Red getting to feel crazy hardcore on the green team through the portal mission.
Red's talk with Alcandar.
Three way spare with Panya and Little.
Letter from Zaka and Red slowly remembering giving the "psycho" her name while she was pissed off about the whole mercenary thing.
All the feels as Red.

Mine are this:

1) Playing the nicest mercenary ever, and causing all the rage. You adventurers are so mean!

2) Storytelling with Culdieu, or "Why you don't mess with High Ogres, because they might beat you to death with a rock."

3) Big elemental fights! Chasing people down! Getting pegged at 20 feet by Nate throwing three consecutive dead-center Assassinates in the dark was so badass! Also getting told by several people "Holy crap, dude, you did so much running! Good job!" felt pretty great. :)

Last edited:
Here are a few of mine in no particular order (but bullet points because those are awesome):

• Arannin being Arannin.
  • Roan's plea to Glacier to not kill Bando on the spot.
  • Roan telling Glacier that Bando was about. He had no idea!
  • Sneaking around in the dark as Zakka's body guard. Every twig snap an air horn, every kicked rock a symphony.
  • Getting to watch the players work through the teamwork module was pretty awesome. Big kudos to Matt for taking on that challenge, and the other four for actually going in there blindfolded.
  • Being Kruk (even with the killer voice). Getting to talk to another High Orc was fun for him, especially with the "head golf" game was explain to him.
  • Panda's quite unexpected Parry was pretty amazing.
  • Joe's timing for Demona's kid being born. Kid's a natural.
  • The strange and unexpected twists and turns of plot all along the way.

Being that this was really Little's first full event where I was not in the kitchen cooking meals for any group of people, all of the time and RP was pretty freaking badass and awesome. So many things happening. So many lessons. So much sad and a stupid hard decision. Pay off the assholes for justice. Damn it, plot. Damn it. It's not supposed to be a thinking game.

Anyway, some highlights:
  1. Freaking Evan. Freaking Barrett. How the hell does my game -start- with bad news?
  2. All of the RP with Ponya. ALL OF IT.
  3. Late night talks into the night with Red and a loan of a cloak.
  4. Furry sparring time with the most adorable kin ever after getting into my 4 hour golem. Man it was good to hit things as a PC.
  5. Being taken on a highbie mod -- WTF really? Taking on all of the chaos and death spells and calling no effect. Then marching up to the big bad elder vampires and swinging 2s with a single claw.
  6. Oh yeah, feeling like a badass with the Seeker throwing away all of the money at it with Dragon's Breaths while Kel held it off with a single repel. Then wondering as we went off to do the blue gem thing, "You know what would suck? If that thing showed up while we were gone." And then hearing the screams while we were on a mod... ::sigh::
  7. Learning never to go on a mod after 43 hours of being awake. Especially in a golem. Thank goodness for body store.

Man, Gabe, I felt so bad when I saw your Golem pop. :(

My favorite moments of this past event I'd have to say were:

-Staying with Arannin, Roan and everyone in the no ward cabin was awesome. Best sleep Dantes had in years.
-Going on the sketchy delievery mod with Bando.
-Hanging with Arannin and Roan more, awesome times.
-Evan playing the crimson fister. I love to hate that guy so much. What a great character!
-Finding the random barg nest mods. Those were fun to try being sneaky.
-Standing in the shadows with Arannin and having someone walking by saying something to the effect of, "Yeah... That's not shady at all."
-Dropping 3 out of 4 of my assassinates into Evans chest in the dark at about 20 ft. with the crossbow.
-The big elemental fight, having everyone call out incomings and having Arannin and D come up from behind to detroy the casters.
-Baby being born in battle!
-Arannin & D going through the back door in the Vampire fight and the mayhem that ensued.

All the roleplay and encounters were great! Thank you guys again for a wonderful time.

Last edited:
This was a great event for me all around, Ashok is finding new people to adventure with after Virid's death and the dissolution of the Company.

-The portal Vampire mod where we lost. In the moment, it was really disappointing and Little losing his golem sucked. But in reflection, it's a great lesson for Ashok to learn, that you don't always win, and sometimes when that little voice in your head says "I don't think we can do this", it's actually right. Also, Ashok is really not a very good leader. Why do you all keep letting him lead?

-Mental puzzles with brainwashed NPCs, followed by Ashok continuing his trend of making terrible, terrible decisions when in large amounts of pain and almost having Roan blacklist him. Awesome collaboration with Aizyk and Ardryk there too.

-All the combat felt really good. Even the aforementioned Vampire portal mod. All the scaling felt very intentional, and the intention seemed to be successful more often than not.

-Getting to a chance to finally get some good extended RP in with Melvyn, he's a pretty cool dude. Also RP with Durnic and Rosco was lots of fun.

-Ashok and Roan interactions continue to amuse me greatly.

-Counseling Shelk, having her actually listen to Ashok finally =p

Really, the RP all around this game was just fantastic. I can't wait for the January game!

Back