November 2019 A'A Event Favorite Moments

Hengin waking up and saying "If you see a deep ogre go snailed it we taught it that... His name's big sword he has a big sword." then roll over and fall back asleep was the perfect start for Sunday.

Though I said it at closing will repeat here... My RP with Meryk was amazing! Not only was the RP great, it was unexpected and set my character on a path I hadn't meant to land on when I started on it a while ago though love the character development. Thank you Brian!!

Edit: When I say unexpected it is because I read my downtimes in character. Going back and reading it out of character yesterday, I was like "oooh, well that makes more sense now".

Last edited:
... And for my submission... *Consults copious notes*

- Killiowl Mind Fight ("why aren't they attacking... zomg attack us already... aaaah!")

- Getting really good advice from Ser Panda.

- Silverblade meeting, en total.

- Killian; "Squire Theah, I'd like to report that you are babbling." <3

- Theah and Mortikai discuss the questionable wisdom of over-planning for a battle, while Amory rez's Kel.

- Kel not understanding why Theah was SO EMBARRASSED after Kel rezed and didn't have clothes to put on. (She seriously considered giving him her chain shirt and never asking for it back, just to fix the problem...)

- Hengin and Guild Master Tesonar meeting Saturday night after she was dragged out of bed to Not rez someone. -_-

- Tesonar promising everyone she'd cut through all the bs Sedovian red tape and get some ppl into the Earth Guild... and then being FLOODED with so many requests even she started to get a bit concerned... 0.0

- Theah/ Tadeusz RP, and all the additional peripheral RP that I get to have because of it. ^_^

- Seeing everyone take to Bavaikas so excitedly.

-Getting to be on Plot for the first time and watching you guys interact with all the stuff we planed and sweated over for two long months. You guys make it all worth while!!!

-Just everyone! Luv all you guys, so much! I can't wait until December!

Last edited:
I had a lot of great rp a lot of really good conversations. A couple of points I had fun with were:
- Channeling shoot outs on Saturday night. Along with being jumped when I came to the realization I ran out of my channeling pool and one of the baddies bodyguards charged in to finish me with claws.
-Disarming the Deep Ogre at the portal Saturday afternoon, and hearing it say in a sad voice "Awww..." then it says "Toothpick," and draws a dagger. "What do you mean Toothpick?!?!" Nice one, Paul!
-"Oh, it's that damn dark unicorn again."
"You get those often?"
"Eh."
Thanks, folks. It was a fun game! See ya soon!

Last edited:
There were so many great moments!

Talking smack to the Valenzians whilst maintaining VVs composure.

Being called important by Baki (not sure how it's spelled) lol

Helping Killian rejoin the living!

Hengins Dance! (needs to be a gif lol)

Realizing VV had helped protect Bavaikas during her time as an egg

Wonderful RP with players and NPCs this game

Aiding Kel with various brainstorming over rituals

Aiding Kel and Oli's ritual with Tea and Water and Kel then pouring most of his tea accidently on his boot lmao

Such great stuff!

So many good moments for me this gather. From speaking with a Disease and getting some answers so that Mordikai might win a bet with Jack Diamond to dealing with a thieving party member. Not to mention all the fun with trying to become a Wylenzia citizen. Over all just an awesome gather. thank you to all of you NPCs and Plot people, you are all awesome.

This is going to be long! Sorry in advance! Semi-chronologically:

- Watching LaVina take point on all the new ambassador gripes at the potluck on Friday night, and then her showing Luzula the next day the wonderful plans she had drawn up for the Dryad Village wing of the small nations embassy! So sweet.

- Luzula and Hava getting to know each other, and bonding over the loss of Mandara Bola. Sorry I made you cry only an hour into game, Zaz! I promise it wasn't intentional, but it was sweet<3

- Getting murderized as Killian's captor ("YOU'RE INTERRUPTING SCIENCE!"), then watching Killian's rescue OOG. Thomas absolutely destroyed that RP in the best of ways, and it was better than we could have ever planned.

- Honor bearrrrr! The best of shenanigans.

- Coming in to introduce Bavaikas! I had so many amazing moments of RP and I'll try to mention as many as I can, but just know that if you talked to the baby dragon, I loved it ;-D

- Bavaikas meeting Akemi, finding out she was Shin's sister, and promptly deciding that she was family. All of the RP with Akemi was so touching and emotional. <3

- Being inundated with gifts whenever I tried to go anywhere as Bavaikas. It was madness, you people are crazy, and I love how much you love the baby dragon.

- Wylenzian chats with Morriden, Dalion, Miik, and Spoof.

- Holy hell, overstitching the edges of the Void portal. All of that was amazing. Standing there in front of the portal with Mortikai as all the casters unloaded everything into Alluvio felt genuinely cinematic. Also, one of the best sequences of events: "Did you hear that shouting?" (30 seconds later) "OH NO, DISEASE WANTS THE BABY DRAGON."

- (After overstitching the portal) Luke to Bavaikas: "You've earned a free milkshake!"

- Lael to Bavaikas: "Do you want a hug?" Bavaikas: "A hug... what is that?" Omgsocute.

- That fight on the Plane of Lightning! That was brutal and awesome. I hope it was entertaining from the PC side, because it was fun as hell for us.

- More dragon shenanigans in the morning. Learning to boop, receiving the Gift of Coffee from Amory, witnessing Aqua get the everloving **** roasted out of her and trying so hard not to break, because Bavaikas may not have appreciated the joke, but Emma sure as hell did ;D

- I know I said this at closing, but I just want to reiterate that the new NPCS were so fantastic. I was blown away by how willing they were to take whatever we threw at them, and how easily they fell into place with the rest of us in Monster Camp. I love being in Monster Camp in Alliance Oregon for so many reasons, but the group of superhero NPCs we have is one of the biggest. You're so amazing and wonderful and aaasdgksdghdjgslkdlkshgdslkgdhlkgl okay I'm gonna go hibernate until December BYE

- I know I said this at closing, but I just want to reiterate that the new NPCS were so fantastic. I was blown away by how willing they were to take whatever we threw at them, and how easily they fell into place with the rest of us in Monster Camp. I love being in Monster Camp in Alliance Oregon for so many reasons, but the group of superhero NPCs we have is one of the biggest. You're so amazing and wonderful and aaasdgksdghdjgslkdlkshgdslkgdhlkgl okay I'm gonna go hibernate until December BYE
Absolutely!!!

That was my first time larping ever. Just being there was my favorite moment. The entire thing was amazing and found myself sticking around just to watch at times. The activity in monster camp was fun. Listening to some quick brainstorming sessions when things suddenly change was awesome. Cant wait to go again and work on interacting more :)

So many great interactions with not only NPC's but PC's as well
but these had to be some of my most favorite moments
  • getting to hug a dragon
  • teaching a dragon to Boop and then getting booped
  • Baki putting in a recommendation for Lael to become a citizen
  • the void tear and how we pumped all our magic into the earth dragon
  • Kilian's mind stuff with the void was so awesome.
  • talking with Dalion and VV was really great

In no particular order here we go:

~ Absolute favorite moment by far was Saturday night campfire shenanigans. Between the deep ogre, sticky sandwiches, snailed it, outside pocket, and just the random stories it was hilarious. Getting to learn about all the adventures these long time players have had was really fascinating but it also affected Soli in a way she wasn't prepared for but ultimately it was really good for her. Thanks everyone who was there for including me for that amazingness.
~ Bevaikas was genuinely amazing and just so fracking adorable.
~ Getting booped by a dragon.♡ Soli can die happy now
~ Being the only adventurer preinvested in the earth circle was I kinda interesting. Definitely was surprised by that. But hey I got to invest Ulric so he could mass invest everyone else so yay!
~ Double hooking as the Euphoria vulture and then hearing stories about that Vulture for the rest of the game and trying so hard not to break character. Haha I felt so called out in the best of ways haha
~ Playing High Card with Jack Diamond and drawing his calling card for the win!
~ Watching Lenora step up and try and peacefully talk down the void infected Killian Owl was really spectacular. She did such a good job that I was almost disappointed it didn't work.
~ Johnathan: "We shouldn't kill him-"
Soli: "Activate Spell Doom!"
Johnathan: "I just said we shouldn't kill him!"
*jolts out of his head*
Sorry not sorry rofl

Had a lot of fun this game and really enjoyed meeting some long time legends for the first time. Akemi, the Panda and Cortnie's character (sorry can't remember the name) were really fun and very welcoming to Soli. And of course finally getting to meet the legendary Kel was just as awesome as hope and yay chocolate! Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I'm only now starting to have the engines of my brain rev up again, so in no particular order, and I know I'm missing some:

- Deciding that Kel is going to "Do The Thing" and if someone is going to stop me, that's okay, but otherwise, it's happening. Casting the Contact Other Plane rituals and offering my assistance, no strings attached, was a key to his advancement as a PC.
- So many ritual flaws. Every batch I was a part of rolled at least one Zero. Greedy Kel, followed by Scholarly Kel.... sheesh.
- "Okay everyone, this is what we're going to do." Then there was no muss, no fuss, just understanding, a set of good questions, and execution. Little Kel is all growwed up.
- Talks with Alluvio about following Mortikai's path with Bavaikas... and the self awareness that he's not ready to be that yet.
- Realizing everyone is doing the BAD THING to the portal, and making that decision to walk into it, because someone has to stand up and do the thing. If no one else is going to do it, guess it's on me.
- Poor Theah's embarrassment and Kel's complete lack of shame at naked Kel.
- Kel's talks with VV and all the wonderful and thoughtful questions VV had.
- Relationship advise with Lt. Panda
- Getting in good with Baqi and Aqua... and lightly trash talking my own ambassador.
- "I'm starting to realize my Vale Guardian is an idiot."
- "It's not about always doing the right thing, it's about accepting responsibility for your [mistakes]."

- Both void fights were great. The tricky nature of the enemies meant that while they weren't 'beat you down' hard, they were difficult and interesting to fight. Well done. That said - there were some of those crystal cool moments I want to shout out:
- "Okay, if you can Repel to make space, you're on the tip of the spear through the portal." Then looking and realizing it's Esthe and like... three scholars. FUN!
- Sunday morning when I find myself slightly out of position, someone yells at me to look out, and I proceed to do the scholar nope-block out of there completely fine.
- 14 Stun Arm! 14 Stun Arm! 14 Stun Arm! - A 1 body Kel (15 AA, 28 body woo hoo!) muppet arm flops his way to the back lines.
- Stunning both the legs of Jason's triple Victor void thing and watching him stump on the battlefield.
- "How are we going to deal with your Prison?" "Well, you're going to start casting the Doom, and then I'm going to drop the Prison and you're going to kill it."
- Scroll Mastery is SO GOOD... and SO EXPENSIVE.

So much good RP this weekend. I'm looking forward to December and having a bit more time to RP and sleep ^.^;
  • The Rescue Killian Mod change up. We were so incredibly prepared for Undead Killian, and so not prepared for Void tainted Killian.

• Amber-Rose “You didn’t go into his head! We thought for sure Amory would go in!” Sorry about that…

• Playing Jack for information on Killian, and his reaction when Amory understood without question that this was Jack’s nature.

• Theah’s embarrassment from neeked Kel – Took Amory a moment to realize what that was, realizing she had nothing to fix it with, then shrugging and continuing on.

• Meeting all the Ambassador’s. The potluck was really amazing, thank you for letting us have some time to eat pie Friday night.

• Meeting Bavaikas and the little interactions there. So very much looking forward to future fun with the Dragons.

• Mercenary Kel. That was so incredibly entertaining.

• All the intense RP with Killian after the rescue. That feels like a weird thing to be a favorite, but that made for great story and I’m a sucker for great story.
Thank you all for putting up with Angry Amory this weekend - I wasn't in a great/awake headspace and was sorta struggling to keep that level.

I did not have a lot of "peak" moments. The overall RP was at a new level. Very consistently good. A few that stand out are:
  • Seeing Kel again. Miss them alot.
  • Teaching the Stone Caste refugee to read. (Played by Kelsey) I am sorry that I cannot remember your player's name.
  • Working out Magistrate jurisdictions with Bennet.
  • All my RP with Ash. especially around the Jemage (sp).
  • The Biata Homa Rune readings were a blast.
Overall excellent game!

Oh boy, first of all, being on plot when the PCs caused so many "wait, what??" moments was amazing. "Ok, ignore the schedule, what should we do now?" So great to see how well the plot team meshes and works as one. To my fellow plot members, that was great, and so are you!

Ok, rp moments-

Delion and Huzz going on a long midnight stroll talking about Wylenzian citizenship.

Shadow shenanigans. The shadow has two coins to rub together! Also, I love the panic of a new person seeing the shadow, almost as much as the explainations from those that have met it before.

Tasian's promotion just after a cautionary reading from Hava, then getting a bunch of offers of assistance from several PCs that wanted him to succeed.

Getting my *** chewed out by PCs and then by aqua for my behavior as Dor. It's legit hard to be mean to you guys.

Everything to do with the new celestial dragon. So much cute.

Trying not to laugh as my shade while conveying important backwards information, as freaking Barb in her kiddo voice keeps saying "ok mommy" to everything I said to her. Aaaaaggghhh.

Wylenzian argument turned group therapy/peace talks with Mortikai. Dude went full diplomat/shrink and it was unexpected and great.

I can't wait for our next game!!

Trying not to laugh as my shade while conveying important backwards information, as freaking Barb in her kiddo voice keeps saying "ok mommy" to everything I said to her. Aaaaaggghhh.

Oh my crap. I somehow forgot that exchange. That was so hard to be a part of, the emotion you lent to the Shade and Barb as Anna just going along with it because Momma said to.... that was such a great scene to be a part of.

Oh my crap. I somehow forgot that exchange. That was so hard to be a part of, the emotion you lent to the Shade and Barb as Anna just going along with it because Momma said to.... that was such a great scene to be a part of.

Oh man. Kel was literally twitching with prep to throw SO MANY webs into that Shade. Ben is glad that someone rose to that diplomatic interaction.

Glad Kel had Amory's back ~.^

Oh man. Kel was literally twitching with prep to throw SO MANY webs into that Shade. Ben is glad that someone rose to that diplomatic interaction.

I'm also pretty sure weird diplomacy is Amory's job at this point?

Back