November Favorites!

wowy319

Artisan
First off, a big thank you to NPCs and Staff for making this event awesome! It was great to see everyone again, and I'm bummed I had to leave early on Sunday. Sickness is the worst. But regardless, it's time for favorite moments!

- Sigil craziness. The magic insanity was a great mechanic, and seeing how it worked in combat was pretty cool.
- Cerebral Devourer aberrations! The combinations that I saw in combat were great, ranging from creepy to strangely hilarious.
- Liar's Dice! So glad I decided to bring that to game.
- Getting my ship! This was a huge point in Caillen's growth as a character, and I was thrilled to see it happen.
- Brief frightening/awkward chatting with Sashi. I need to find more reasons to RP with her.
- Healing like crazy during the Friday and Saturday morning wave battles.
- The costumes for the Labyrinth Dark Elves. Absolutely amazing.
- Elemental shenanigans! I loved seeing everyone's different reactions to the destruction of chaos and order
- Dan's shocked reaction to my casting necro while void-possessed.
- Examining the Dean's corrupted and warped bodyguard. Sean's descriptions of the messed-up condition of it were great, and seeing its heart was awesome.

WOW! What a season!!
I can't even imagine how to thank the people responsible for making one of my hobbies the most fun thing in the world. But here goes.

To all the people who NPCd this entire year - you guys make our game possible. I know that when you're playing the 5th crunchy of Friday night and you're sweating to death or freezing your tullies off it doesn't seem like you're appreciated but you are!!

A big THANK YOU to some of my favorite NPCs:
Evan - you play every character that you play to the ultimate limits! But I LOVED my times with Carver this year.
Gary - Lord Califus is simply ... creepily amazing? I love that character!
Sean - my new most favorite thing ever is that dark elf imbued with elementalness. CRAZY!
Dan - I saw tattered cloak for the first time at this November event and he was HILARIOUS...even though he did steal my chocolate coin he gave me a real gold coin in its place!
Mark - CALDWELL! (I know I'm not spelling that correctly but oh well) I LOVE that guy!! he rawks
Samara - Dark elf with glowing har...now THAT is a dark elf matron!!!! or at least..how I would imagine one!!
Naga's player (sorry I don't know the name) - FORGE!!! I love how you breath like bellows when you play her!
Kate - Destruction..."I just came back from Legacy and killed labout 700 undead" I loved that statement
Ben - you're another guy that plays every character to the uttermost lengths of it, even if it's just a crunchy ...but I LOVE SILAS!!!
Sebastian - You're such a trooper!! No matter what they send you out as, you give it your all. (even when you're freezing!)
The Other Mark - thanks for engulfing my character...that was interesting!
George - I gotta say that having you on plot with Samara is just amazing! I love how your mind words to spin a story into a game!
Dan Aldi - I'm sorry your character permed, however - I love that you have thrown yourself into NPCing for Deadlands until you get your new character into the game. We really needed some NPC help and we got it.

Pointa's player - You get ALL the KUDOS for that skeleton costume!

Whoever writes my in between and winter write ups for Tzydl AND Tempesta you guys rock!! I always get the most awesome stories!!!

There are so many others, but right now my mind is not functioning at full capacity HEHEH

Favorites for November
Late night in the healers guild with Keely, Tova and Heresy...and the stories of Heresy's love life
Saturday night in the Tavern when all the various effects were happening to us. When we all felt the need to be orderly - I've never seen the tavern that clean during an event!!!!
Tova's naming day (what did we name her anyway????)
Getting a few hits on my husband was fun.
My new glowing birch branch and the story that came with it!!!!
Glorious Red and her trying to get with her Admiral...precious
Getting ticked off at the goblins who tried to steal the chairs from the tavern.
Watching the two dark elves coming in with their glowing bits!!! I love those shock and awe moments.
"Growing up from the ground" on Sunday's wave battle. That image was awesome!
The weather was AMAZING!!!!!!
Sigil craziness. Someday I will finish that picture of Santet!
Tempesta is the bravest of all for picking up Sconch's hairs and thowing them out.
SCONCH!!!
When Kainan got back from the Plane of Death.... SNAKES ON A PLANE!

Too many more to think of! All I know is that you guys ROCK! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!

thank you so much npcs and staff who kept us all entertained all year for another awesome season!! you guys all rock!!

some of my favorites are
casting my sucessfull 2nd and 3rd ritual ever!! woo. i was so nervous in and oog game it was crazy.
finding my FIRST ever magic item, after 4 years of playing, 3 of them as avalon, i finaly found one, AND it was not necromantic, cloak curse 1/d :thumbsup:
the sigial wonkyness. that was fun.
seeing ben playing silas, my favorite npc i hate so much in game, but love ben oog for playing him.
like when me and jesse were leaving, we went out the door that faces the woods, and ben went out the door facing the field, jesse was going out to the field to collect stuff at the circle and i was following a little behind, ben, was going back to npc camp, so we of course met. ben swings something playfully at me and hits me on the left arm. i have my sword out, turn and bring it around to swing at him, who had kept walking when kainen goes "hey, hey hey!" i stop in my tracks, as avalon hates silas as much as she will listen to kainen. I turn away from ben and caught up again with jesse. all the while im extreamly angry and im thinking "who the hell he thinks he is, hitting me like im his some dang friend. lucky i didnt drive my sword up his butt."

all of the boulders falling from the sky and fighting vampires.

fighting sean on saturday afternoon, just seeing that break in the line and catching his eye and going, oh snap hes gonna charge me, turning to run as he does so, hearing his spell strike shatter spirit being called and feeling that two inch tag on my butt as i call spell shield as at least 3 parries going off but a hold having to be called to resolve it.

so another season of awesome times, with awesome people!
thanks so much guys, i seriously :wub2: all of you.
if i dont see you this weekend, have a good winter. hopefully it does not last too long. i will miss you guys!

"What do you need, Necalli?"
"Do you know any necromancy?"
"*snort* No."
"...Magic armor?"

Mega-Tent. It's awesome having a place IG I can finally go hang out and just relax, instead of heading off to the parking lot or smokers guild.

Chaos dark elves. I can safely say when Sean and Samara first walked in to the tavern, I was ready to blow every skills/activate/production/etc that I had to take them out if needed. By the end of that encounter I was ready to kick Kainen in the face and start a civil war. :)

Getting hit by 2 "Magic Enslavements" and getting to use my magic item to call Bane/Cloak. I could definitely see the confusion in Dan's eyes, and that gave us the window we needed to run away and join the town for the wave battle.

Reliquary hot spring. :)

I had more, but I'm still pretty exhausted. I can't wait for next season!

~Joe

Thank you NPCs!!!!

Glorious Red and her attempts at wooing poor poor Caillen.

After our ward was dropped and we're in the circle: "Do you have a back door?" "No, wait, yes!" *scamper scamper*

Joe's years of plot writeups finally coming out IG. Great to see.

Complements I got on the new dress for Sun. I was so happy when they sized it correctly and no alterations were needed.

For the first time in about two years, I threw a spell and the first one took. Just because it was on a void possessed Morai doesn't mean anything, it still counts (and she's now making fun of him for her beating him when he can't activate spell shields)

Right before that happened, Morai seeing that half the town was refitting and deciding to take out the line himself, and then Sean screwing up that idea. Samara, I hearted your reaction.

Breathing under water having other benefits. :)

Bane/Cloak Greater Command. That could have been horrible.

I have to mention Glorious Red again.

See everyone next spring!

Back