November Favorites

Michiko

Adept
I really have to apologize for the nature of this post. I am so tired I can't sleep and I may actually be high on lack of sleep.

-Queen Beah basically going "B***h, please" to the Withering's plans for an undead Utopia.
-Arise Lord Vryan! I got all choked up. So happy for you. :)
-Talking with the Viceroy Kasai and learning the fate of my homeland. AAAAARG! It was great seeing cross-chapter plot again.
-The last wave battle. So intense. So vivid. It was almost a triple... well... something or other, certainly not a rainbow. Oooo! Rainblow! Almost a triple rain- ...nevermind. Anyway, I liked the mechanic.
-Avian being as surprised as the rest of us when he got the first killing blow off on the scroll. Epic tip toe of DOOM!
-Extremely clean fights for most of the weekend and good OOG will.
-War! Hu! Good God ya'll. Fighting alongside everyone who went into the Shard of War was amazing. It was ROUGH but everyone did a great job, PC and NPC alike.
-"And now, in the position of Healer...." Steve, you crack me up.
-Vox Cerulean parrying the massive eviscerate. Dan "You know that's massive, right?" Sean "Yeah, you're not eviscerating that golem while I still have parries left."
-Getting to play with Pan Da and Nova again. And just seeing everyone who traveled in for the event!
-Getting to roleplay with Silas and his solution to my communication issue. I always love playing with this character. :)
-The ritual to create the Bastion scroll and at one point hearing all the casters chanting over and over again "We invoke the power of the new idea." So creepy.
-The reforging of Puriel and especially Elissa as FORGE! You are absolutely amazing as that character. Seriously, that whole scene was just awesome. Kudos to everyone who was involved.

As usual there are so many more. Thank you NPCs for running absolutely ragged and thank you Staff for a totally epic, amazing, jam-packed weekend of apocalyptic fun. You all rock and I cannot wait for next year!

First of all - thank you NPCs who ACTUALLY SHOWED UP AND KICKED SOME BUTT!!! You guys simply amaze me every time! It was DARN COLD and when us PCs could sit in a nice warm tavern you were waiting on mod paths and on the field. I love you all!!

Okay so this was the MOST amazing time I've ever had.

MY FIRST RESURRECTION!!! - I died basically laying next to my husband and we rezzed together!! It doesn't get more romantic than that!! I was fighting in a battle SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE QUEEN!!! HOW EPIC IS THAT???

Silas!!! - Ben you make that character so amazing!! I cannot believe he actually made Tzydl an alchemy library. I AM SO EXCITED to find out what Tzydl learned!

SO MANY PEOPLE showed up to help clean out this morning!! I love you all!!

Vegetarian Chili, Mac N Cheese, stone soup!!

Pie

Lord Vryan - HOLY MOSES I'm going through mentalpause people!!! I can't handle all that emotional stuff!! cried like a baby when Heresy choked up and was talking about Wynn!

For the final battle - Vry and his harem

Final Battle - I think I spent 12 gold or more!! HOW FUN!

Tzydl's newest recipe!

Seeing all the California people and the RV world traveler people!! I've miss you all so much!!

Two dryads taking on their pantherghast...awesome teamwork - at the same time realizing there were no other gypsies on the field and running for safety in the healer's circle.

Logistics with Sam. I know that a lot of people would not say that doing logistics was fun but I have a blast with you Sam!! "feel my butt!"

Well, time to relax with my love...you guys are just..so awesome. I had a great time. I will never forget it!

So glad I got to come to this event. I had a lot of fun, and it was one of the best closers I've been to in ages. A big thanks to staff and other NPCs!

- Getting to play some very beefy statcards during wave battles and mods!
- Watching Astikir shenanigans as one of Cerulean's honor guards. Tetsu and Kinayo especially. "I'm kind of hitting on your boss." "She's actually our mother." *awkward silence*
- The Dominion mod. The intensity of that mod was great, and the players' reactions to fighting Caillen were fantastic. The sadness in Vry and Tetsu's voices when he dropped hit hard.
- Voidslave sing-along time. The most magical part of that wasn't how we were all in tune, it was that we all knew the words.
- Dat final wave battle. The mechanic was so cool, and it was all of the fun to fight the disparate groups.
- Finding out how many people were willing to give Caillen a second chance, only to find out nothing could be done. Then rebirthing and rifting out before they knew what had happened. :3
- And of course, getting to see everyone again. It's always nice to see you all!

Family portrait with the Hunt. It was really nice to get all the active members in one place long enough to snap a photo. It would be even better to see that photo turned into a painting.

Getting to see some of my favorite players from afar.

Being reminded that I have a plot team I love and cherish as family.

Aim’s delivery of Queen Beah’s reply to the Withering. “I am Beah of Eire, Lord of the Harvest...”

All the heartfelt emotional outpouring with each death, loss, victory and triumph over the course of the event.

Sean’s giddiness after the final wave battle, having seen the success of his idea to free up the lower level characters to run around and save the day (for many).

Being tired and hungry enough to eat three quarters of a pumpkin pie in one sitting without subsequently vomiting out of the back of my car.

Having the weekend work out pretty damn well (even though we only had the time to run about half the encounters we had written, stay tuned for next year).

Finally revealing the secret of the Harvestlands and Queen Beah, Ria of the Hierophan.

Having the pcs win! Because it was an awesome end, hard fought and fairly won, and because writing for the re-boot we had planned, if they failed, would have swallowed my weekends all winter.

Being allowed the honor of belting my pupil before he was knighted by his liege lord. Long live Lord Vryian, and may his rule be as good and as enduring as his heart.

it was a privilege to be part of this event and to observe the deadlands staff put on a really tight, really intense weekend. it was as impressive as it was educational.

1. that beautiful final withering fight. well done, everybody. applause to the rockstar lowbies.
2. the emotional void fight.
3. smashmouth singalong before the void fight.
4. sean metzler's face.

thank you, deadlands. I'll be back.

Ok, jeez, my favorites...

Hunt Family
Hunt Family
Hunt Family

Seriously. Top three, right there. We rolled in force this weekend and kicked butt. It was a rough time, but we persevered and helped to save the world. It was especially great seeing the West Coasters and being able to get a Hunt Family photo. I always forget how much Constance misses adventuring with her Pure Lord.

That last wave battle. It was terrifying to be separated from most of your team and unable to get to them, despite hearing them from the other side of the field. It was a great, really unique mechanic that illustrated the Withering's mentality perfectly. It hasn't been able to defeat us united, but it might work to defeat us divided. It almost worked, too. I definitely had a moment of weakness and defeat crouched at the side of the field, fixing my armor, and seeing all of the bodies scattered across the field. I really wasn't sure how we were going to win, but in the end, we did.

Paladin Norhelm stink-eye at the two Sadeen Moorians walking behind the Queen's back. You jerk, we have a treaty, and we're actually protecting her right now from the real person who wants to tool her down.

Lord Vryan's knighting. Albert, you've worked hard. You totally deserve it.

Silas is always a favorite. When Constance heard one of the Quiet Ones call him weak, it was a real "Gurl, aw heeeeelllllll no" moment. You don't mess with either of Constance's Pure Lords, present or past.

I'm still coming down from the weekend. It was a fantastic time filled with fantastic people and the culmination of five years of fantastic plot. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Favorites from my tragically shortened weekend:

1. Jun Wu, Suni Li Yin, and Paolo. We weren't strong in number... but we did great to survive all that insanity. It was a pleasure playing with you for most of the year. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

2. Morai's first parry.

3. Morai's SECOND parry. (Gary's withering knight ran at me while I wasn't look and if it werent for Morai I might be done for. Thanks bro)

4. The Shard of War. We devastated that thing. We had the perfect group composition and the perfect strategy. We had a couple scary seconds there... but it was great. Viox Cerulean and Riddick were the perfect healer combination.

5. Spear. Man do I love playing with a spear. I thought I would put it down pretty quickly, but after this weekend I am pretty sure I'll be carrying one for the rest of my time as Riddick. Attn: Will... we should chat.

6. The Deadlands Staff: this game was masterfully run. There were some hickups.... but those are tough to avoid. Evan said that he felt the event would be satifying even to people who left early and you delivered. I can't wait to come back.

7. Garlic knots. Holy crap garlic knots.

8. Lord Vryan... I knew you have potential lad.

9. Quiet, simple conversations about choices and consequences.

10. My testimony to Justicar Crowe... Yup. I've still got it. That was an amazing 5 minutes of roleplay. I've never been more intimidated by silence before.

11. (and this is a post event favorite) - The letter about Justicar's death from Francis Teawaddle. That letter illuminated that character more in ~50 words than I have seen in a half dozen wave battles and as many small personal interactions. Good show guys.

fighting along side Rock to kill Necali, backs to the woods with a healer dryad trying to tuck behind us and stay safe

Word up.

- Planning. Months and months of planning. Thinking about group make-up, all the things that could go wrong, our allies and our enemies. I've been cracking at this warplan from a PC stand point for almost the full year, so it was fun to see all my work come to fruition.

- Seeing the Hunt in almost full force. Maroon and black everywhere. Thing of beauty.

- Emotionally charged roleplay with Scarn. The entirely random, but extremely fitting fishbowl roleplay afterward with Sean and Samara as some random Lothien townsfolk. You have no idea how much Sevaria needed that.

- Tetsu drinking asitikir. Wow.

- Queen Beah as Sevaria's childe. Whaaaaat? Kelsey had some OOG surprise about that one that made it remarkably difficult to roleplay. Hope you look tromping out in the woods, Queen Beah, because Sevaria isn't letting her unknown childe go untrained.

- Vry being squired. 'Nuff said. I look forward to what this brings.

- Crowe's death. All the words and songs that were said afterward. It's weird when you roleplay stuff like that and you mean every word you say. Realizing that people were waiting for me to say something or do something and the only thing that came out was the truth.

- Last battle. That **** was cray-cray. I loved the mechanic, and I loved how our lower level players rocked the HELL out of that ****.

Okay I am done for now. See you soon, Deadlands!

Oh man. That was so awesome, I couldn't even nap on the plane the next day. I had too much rolling around in my head.

-Coming out as was-Demia. Getting asked "Then what are you?" and the answer being this honest string of almost nonsense: "What I was, and will be. And am. Me." Fun and interesting, because I haven't had to play her or think about what's been going on with her in a long while. Being this combination of mischievous and angry depending on the subject and the person I was talking to or about. It makes me miss NPCing this chapter.

-Getting to stand, prisoned, as the Baroness, and watch the PCs who braved the second mod try to get to her. Hearing they didn't have a dispel and being worried for a hot second, and realizing they were actually going to beat the timer on the prison... you guys got her back in under 5 minutes! I was trying to keep my cheering and glee on the inside :) Evan totally looked sexier than I ever have carrying that sword.

-RP with Nova, especially on the stairs of the Celestial guild. Phedre had been trying to avoid that talk *all freaking weekend* and picking Nova was the best bet for that conversation to go well. Brat would have worked (if Paige hadn't been playing Pan Da) but Jaimi knows all the buttons to push on Lauren (innuendo jokingly intended, I love you) and I had to finish crying in the parking lot before I could get suited up for was-Demia. That brought up all sorts of feels IG and OOG.

-MY FIRST VOID MOD EVER. Halllloooooo deep end, especially after the slower pace of the west coast. The event I'm going to this weekend is going to be vacation after that!

-Like 4 different people letting Phedre know that she was going to be backpacking Kainen, and if she was ok with it. I think a couple of them were trying to gauge if I was going to bail on him because of her history with Sunderdragon. The surprise at the response of "I'll keep him going; I'm not letting this fail because I'm upset, it's not the time or the place to allow for petty emotions," was interesting. I'm starting to realize how mercurial her temper was, and how much she's changed in the last year or so.

-Knowing I had 25 of my max burst pool charges to heal Kainen, and getting to 22 and thinking "Oh man..." and then at 24 it was "Well ****," and remembering I had two blasts in items, and after that I was done as a healer/backpack. Apparently my formal goal is no longer sufficient. Now it's just "purchase skill forever."

-Also, trying to chase Jesse, who is part freaking gazelle, and touch cast on him lefthanded while swinging a sword with my right after we got to the clearing and I was out of wand charges. It's weird having the muscles in my arms be sore in entirely different ways. Lauren's biggest OOG sad about not being part of that team anymore is not getting to work like that with Jesse in anything but extreme circumstances. Being able to just yell "Left!" or grab the back of his tunic and turn him because I was too busy incanting to tell him we were being flanked, and having it be seamless was the absolute highlight of any mod Phedre's ever been at the line on. Usually she's back a few more steps, but that's not an option in that kind of fight.

-Gary is not allowed, EVER, to have any skill on any card that makes him faster than he already is. Jesus effing Christ.

-The Create Bastion scroll fight. I felt someone step on the ropes hanging off my belt, and it almost pulled me over when I was supposed to stay in contact with the forge thing. Having us all speaking in unison and feel the power of the words we weren't familiar with on paper but our characters felt deep down was incredible. I love the things that George writes! If anyone still has the papers from that, I'd really like a copy. Also, I don't think they expected 150 rit ranks to be sitting around the table at that moment, I bet George was expecting at least a little while longer to finish writing that ritual.

-The look on the 5 people who were under 15th level when they realized they could travel between groups and everything that meant for them in that final fight. You guys seriously saved all our lives. That fight easily could have gone bad FAST, and you guys kept the NPCs from dividing and rolling right over us while running like rock stars.

-"Nova! Nova! Nova! Nova! Nova! Do you have a life spell? Do you have another resist?!" trying to save Sevaria who was petrified. I had a Dispel, I needed the other half!

-Getting tabards before that fight: walking up to Sean, who saw me and Ali come up together and the immediate "Nope. One of you is on another team. The Withering won't let you together for this one." I wanted to argue, but my brain went "That's totally legit."

-Phedre and Tova's bad-touch calls. "REDREDREDREDREDREDRED!" "Waffles! Waffles!" Totally an odd couple, but they overlook each others faults of race and school of magic :) :wub2:

-Singing in the tavern. Way to ruin a good time, evil forces of the Deadlands... geez.

-Multiple people asking to be Phedre's apprentice. She holds no rank in any guild, isn't even invested in a Celestial Circle anywhere other than the one in Thelucia which wasn't really by choice and doesn't really count anyway. She's not a teacher in any way, shape or form, and has NO IDEA where to start with any of that, but sure why not?! It's not like we can blow up the world or anything, right?

-FITZY. ALWAYS AND EVERYTHING FITZY.

I have decided that Morai is basically going to retire, and now just walk around by people that he likes and call Parry and Spell Parry when applicable. Also, my brain is basically still mush from this weekend.

Final battle was absolutely epic.

Getting some sexy dark elf plot. I like how so many people want to accuse us of being necromancers, but nobody is willing to say it out loud to the Matron.

Adding a few more death spells to my arsenal.

Deadlands runs on Dunkin.

Rouging around the create bastion wave battle with Santet and Ithica. It was nice to walk up to an NPC with three guys swinging 20s and watch how the entire line would change.

Not gonna lie, seeing Crowe dead, and some of the characters that my character doesn't like being sad, was pretty awesome. Not to mention all the intense roleplay that followed.

Finally getting my sword.

~Joe

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!! Why have I never played Deadlands before?!?! ... Oh, right, because it is ~7 hours away and it is the most IG AWFUL place ever. BUT DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW AMAZING THIS WEEKEND WAS? NO. YOU DON'T. YOU THINK YOU DO, BUT YOU DON'T.

I got special Elder dryad RP time (SO DEEP. SO MANY FEELS. SO MUCH GRAY!) that led to my own special role and AN ENTIRE MOD COMING TO ME! Inspiration, you're a pretty cool dude, and you helped Alda overcome her intense fear of fire! Way more significant than anyone realizes!

I met a Brother! I had intense, conflicted, void-induced RP with my new Brother! I then fought a Pantherghast with my brother! Gosh, that battle had such cool flow: Being targeted first and chucking spells frantically, then running in circles going "Let me behind you, let me behind you!" then finally getting a solid backpack moment to help finish it off. WOOT! And! I then got some deep RP as my Brother resurrected! AHH! ACANAS, YOU ARE REALLY AWESOME!!

Absurdly, deeply intense and personal: I lost one of the most valuable items Alda has ever had - a simple ring from Flint. You may have heard about it (because I asked around a lot), but no one will ever fully understand how much character-shaping happened as a result of that turmoil. Except possibly Ketemycos and Ocean. You two saw the moment where Alda broke and fell to her knees in the middle of the field and wept. And you two followed-up with some of the most life-changing role play I've ever experienced.

Speaking of life-changing: I've never fought a vampire before. Now I've stood toe-to-toe with two. Behind Santet. (Who, by the way, has the greatest RP and most interesting character ever.) Because I was put in charge of being one of his healers. One of two people keeping that crazy huge guy alive. INSECURE, NAIVE LITTLE ALDA!! Backpacking Santet!! GYAH, who would have thought!! AND. WE. FREAKING. LIVED. Yes, I had to run between groups and grab life items and pass items to Mycos who would run faster and all of that jazz... but yeah, dude, every single thing about that last fight and being a lowbie was CRAZY COOL.
(Including some really amazing little moments between Mycos and Alda that no one will ever know about. Like running and crying and almost leaving but having him give her courage. Like having 0/5 life spells, everyone in her group dead, and running to his arms in the middle of the field with nowhere else to go. MIKE GUARINO, I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU A LOT. :D LET'S PLAY THIS GAME TOGETHER FOREVER, K!?)

Pan Da. Book nerd RP FTW! You were a huge comfort to Alda this weekend whether you realize it or not. When you complimented her backpack ability after the pantherghast fight, she actually had a moment of feeling strong and proud! That rarely happens for Alda!!

Silas. Alda always needs her music breaks to keep herself from being too depressed, so you and I actually had the same purpose in that interaction. Everyone needs distraction once in a while! Yeah, I know nothing about that dude, but I could tell stuff was deep and awesome.

Also that whole "fight day" mechanic thingy to see all those mods. It was long and tiring, but amazingly worth it. I've never experienced that. Super cool to be a dark elf squad of awesome fighting prowess and get our task done! I loved fighting with "Teal" :)

Honestly, folks, the whole experience gave Alda a punch in the face of perspective and depression and hopelessness that is going to take so long for her to deal with. Actually, she'll probably never get over it. (And no, Hunt friends, she doesn't hate fun! She just ... doesn't get it! She doesn't know how to deal!!) I really don't know how this is going to develop, but I love it a lot, and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to play. Thank you staff, plot, NPCs, and Dan Aldi for being a carpool buddy! AND ESPECIALLY thanks to my wonderful man for driving from 3:30am-6:45am with me asleep in the car so I could get home in time to take a shower and go to work!! CRAZY WEEKEND WAS CRAZY, GUYS! :D :D :D

<3 Thanks again, everyone!!! <3

RiddickDale said:
11. (and this is a post event favorite) - The letter about Justicar's death from Francis Teawaddle. That letter illuminated that character more in ~50 words than I have seen in a half dozen wave battles and as many small personal interactions. Good show guys.
Plot goal: achieved. ::happy dance::

Thank you to everyone who came. Thank you NPCs who allow us to run this crazy world, thank you PCs for saving it. Thank you to our GM and Logistics and Props people, thank you to everyone who came to the clean-up day on Monday. Thank you all.

- The plot team really feeling like a TEAM. "You three run the Void mods. We three will run the battle encounters." And then we did. Every powwow to fix or rewrite or tweak a point in the weekend showed me again and again how well we can work together. It was excellent.

- Getting positive reactions to plot writeups. I give myself a hard time about my writing abilities, so it's super encouraging to hear the PC tell me they enjoyed it.

- Deadlands does, in fact, run on Dunkin.

- Muffin!

- Sashi/Aklead/I-am-I rolling out in force.

- "I joined the ahhmy!" "...The 'ahhmy'?" Fitzy and Phedre [surprisingly sober] funtimes.

- Vryan's knighthood. Got a little choked up watching it. D'aaawww.

- Sexy Dark Elves being sexy.

- Super deep Elder roleplay with Alda! Fabulous discussions about the shades of grey in the world and how to find and hold onto hope in the darkness. "May I hug you?"

- "Man, this season has been like Deadlands 'Game of Thrones'!" Duke Southkin, Osiris, Nether, Paladin Crowe, Daniel, Princess Arielle... NO-ONE IS SAFE.

- The songs and memorials to Crowe.

- Fitzy having a surprising moment of Real Talk with Paolo about how you cope with losing your best friend.

- Some superbly delicious pie!

- Seeing the Elemental fight and the Dark Elf Strike Team mod go off so well, and having a PC serendipitously get involved with the former!

- Cerulean's interactions with Tetsu, Kinayo, Ahurak and Cedric.

- The Corrupt mechanic, and the PCs yelling "KILL ME!" as they swing chaos at their friends. Perfectly exemplifies the Deadlands.

- Lowbies being BOSSES during the final wave battle!

- Getting off several killing blows during that final battle and going "Oh no..." on the inside. However, 500 Vengeance is pretty damn cool.

- ALL STAR.

- Charnal Assassins and Pantherghasts.

- Time-marshalling the Create Bastion ritual and dodging scuffle after scuffle. I felt like a hockey linesman. But I also got to watch the entire battle, which was so incredibly cool.

- Silas referring to Nether as his sister and his reaction to her death.

- On that note, getting to watch the entirety of the roleplay between Void-Nether and the PCs trying to save/stop her. Intense and emotional.

- Going in with Sean without a plan to have dinner in the tavern Sunday evening and ending up roleplaying with Sevaria and Scarn as two True Mortal citizens of Lothian. It was great to remind both the PCs and us as plot members of the other 90% of Laerthan's population, the ones who aren't rich worldly adventurers. Really really cool.

- "I sure would love to see Landon in his ceremonial armour."

- The entire last wave battle going off just beautifully. A good and fitting end to the event and the year.

Now if you'll excuse us, the entire plot team is going to hibernate for a month.

"Phedre, I joined the ahhmy. It's what that a**hole probably would have wanted."
"You joined 'the ahhmy'?"
"Yup. I joined the ahhmy."
"Just be careful. You'd make a horrible driveway."
"I do! I do make terrible driveway."

"And I will let you know: were you unwed. I'll leave it at that."
"Thanks, Fitzy."

"I can't keep this mark, Fitzy. I adventure in a place that's full of elementals and adventurers who will kill me for it."
"Will you wear it for today?"
"Yes. I will."

Phedre and Fitzy have a unique and interesting way of talking to each other. And I love that Fitzy is a drunken obnoxious slob who is beginning to come into her humanity. All because of "that a**hole," who Phedre will still totally try to ritually talk to, should Fitzy wish.

This event was amazing, it felt like a new step forward for Pan Da as she spent a lot of time realizing that making things happen is more about what goes on behind the scenes than what goes on on the field of Battle.

- Asking Phedre to be her apprentice, Pan Da was very nervous on that one and the resultant quote was awesome "Ah we have the same level of skill with general spells, but I can swing a sword all day, and you can remake the world." Very fun RP and book nerd time.

- Alda, as you said book nerd ftw. I loved seeing her reach past fear at every turn to be there to save lives.

- NPCing as the town encounters while waiting for our void shard mods. That was great, I love RP with inspiration and Fitzzy, and being a fairly useless one sword Order Elemental, "Arcane Ward!" "What does that do?" "It confuses you."

- Getting put on a void shard mod. Pan Da has no idea why she was selected, but remains very honorable.

- Twilight Elf fortune cookie delivery.

- RP with Keeley and Kiara, being an overly tactical book nerd is fun when you have two essentially endless founts of information. Handing a well written report to Kiara was a perfect moment for Pan Da.

- Fighting with Evan, I don't know why but when ever I square off with him, even if he leaves me on the ground I always have a smile on my face. Evan you make fight seem real and interesting instead of just like high speed tag.

- All the RP with Sun Li Yin, two peas in a pod in a very strange way.

- Honestly, losing my Golem and resing. For the first time I feel that true Asian Shame as Pan Da and I'm excited to see the depth that will bring to the character.

I'm sure there are more but my brain is still deconstructing that crazy time.

Well, I'm late to the party. I had too much of a good time to be coherent about it in a reasonable time frame.

-Big infodump. Suddenly having a lot of information and an open opportunity to comfortably ask questions was really, really enjoyable. It meant a lot to finally know why right now was the time for war and to understand the nature of things from the basics to the general plan.

- 2+ hour long path fight was exhausting, and I am a rogue with zero talent for a path fight, but it was scary and exciting and fun and I thought it really set a good tone to kick things off. It was the best kind of frustrating to be scooting along sticking a shield in the way and occasionally poking monsters to distract them, because there's a great reminder as to why venturing out into the Deadlands proper is best done with teamwork.

- The option to NPC encounters out in Aolia and the other thing while the Void shard mods were running. That was a great idea for keeping everyone entertained and I was glad to have the option. I needed a break and nap instead, but if that kind of thing is done again I look forward to playing it.

- The Paragon packages//Terminating a Withering Knight. I don't have build-bought rogue tricks or even the pre-reqs to buy Terminate, so getting one through the Paragon packages is a huge boost to my card, and I don't know much about game balance but I do know how cool it felt to rogue on a Withering Knight expecting to burn one of his "nope" skills only to find that some very boss folks who had his attention had also already worn those out and the Terminate stuck. Also thanks to NPCs who played the cards that attracted four+ on one, and did not explode.

- The sort of funeral for Paladin Crowe. I wasn't around to see much of him but he made a big impression every time he was in town, and since my first PC event was the one where he gained the land bond he was also the NPC I most regarded as heroic. The folks who knew him well had a really touching farewell for him. The fighting retreat out of Authenrai directly into being stuck in Lothien was very conducive to getting deeply swept up into a world going to hell, with success coming at a high price. I had real tears for him despite knowing little about him, and I love when the game world feels so real.

- The Greater Shun mechanic at the end, and the level threshold for it. That made the fight very scary and it looked like it did a great job for controlling the engagement numbers on the big threats. The quick lowbies who saved all the butts with skill stores and mobile healing (Mike G. are you part cheetah?) and the groups who stuck together and made whatever was thrown together work, wow.

- The plot. Having feelings all weekend. Chithiss' speech; he had some pretty compelling selling points for his undead utopia. Queen Beah just saying Nope. I'm really excited to see what the world will look like now that Chithiss is on hold being banished and the Withering had a very bad weekend.

Back