NPC campout!

jpariury

Duke
So, the way the fort rental works is that we will have the fort from Saturday night 5pm until Sunday 6pm. Because our game day will have some cool physreps, neat scripted roles, and the like, as well as some work to try and get things organized, figured out, and situated, we would like to invite all of our NPCs to come camp out the night before at Scouter's Mountain!

Again, we only have the fort, so some things to consider:

You'll need a sleeping bag! There are bunks, but no padding. We'll have a number of tarps on site, so we can probably block up the windows and doorways to help retain heat, but the temperatures are expected to be between 54 and 69 degrees, so warm clothing is probably a good idea.

There's no light, no more motorcars, not a single luxury. Like Robinson Crusoe, it's primitive as can be. (as primitive as can be). We'll have a couple propane lamps, and there's a fire pit, and I'll try and bring a camp stove as well.

Holly and I plan on getting on-site around 4-4:30p if possible, and unloading stuff from my car. We have some stuff to do in East Portland around 6:30, so we'll probably be gone for a couple of hours, but after that we'll be returning to site and working on getting things put together for the game day. Ideally, I'd love to be able to leave someone in charge while we're out. NPCs that show up and help out will also get bonus gobbies and the like.

We'll also bring a couple of card games and stuff as the night wears on, and all be able to trade stories and just hang out.

So, reply here if you think you're up for a camp out.

While this sounds like a blast, I really won't know if my body is up for it until that day. But if I'm able, then I'll be there.

This is too perfect a set-up not to borrow. Thanks JP.

I would like to come to the game day and a camp out sounds great, but I'd need a ride. If someone can hook me up, please PM.

Thanks

Rob

Datajax said:
This is too perfect a set-up not to borrow. Thanks JP.

I would like to come to the game day and a camp out sounds great, but I'd need a ride. If someone can hook me up, please PM.

Thanks

Rob

Me & Gavin are in (he was hesitant, but I will make sure he packs warm & I have extra blankets). We will probably look at heading out at 4:30 on Saturday.
Where you coming from Rob?

I'm still a maybe on the event as of now, but if I do make it, I'll hopefully come down in the evening after work for the campout.

jacobbissonette said:
Well I'll be in Beaverton at around 3pm that day. But I could take the tri-met to just about anywhere that's convenient.

You can actually get not too far from the site via Max. Clackamas Town Center is only a short dive, if you cannot find a ride from Beaverton, it may be easier to snag a ride from there.

I can probably fit a 4th.
Bags, pillows, pads, food stuffs should be fit.

I'll probably drop off stuff then make a quick run to a local hardware out there. Looking to make some crossbows.

This sounds fun, add two more campers to the list.

I am new to Alliance (just went to my first event over Labor Day weekend) and would love to get to know y'all out of game first. It is my intention to join the Oregon Alliance NPC guild for the upcoming year (I hope I'm not too late to join in for the new season?), so I imagine I will be interacting and having fun with most of you quite a bit.

I am able to arrive around 5pm to set up and hang out at the camp while JP and Holly are gone. My partner, Michael will be camping and NPCing as well (He's new, too). I have a few camping items that I will bring that others may find useful. If you bring coffee and food I will be bringing a propane camp stove and a percolater that you will be able to use (but bring your own dishes and pot/pan, etc.).

I look forward to camping with you,
Rachel

p.s. I have been living in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the past four years, so camping outdoors when the temp is between 50 and 60 at night is really quite nice!

Back