NPC Guild meeting - Aug. 14

jpariury

Duke
This Saturday afternoon, Aug 14th, from 3pm until we wrap up (maybe 5?), we would like to have a meeting of the NPC Guild. The first half-hour to hour will be going over additional specifics for the rewards for being in the NPC Guild, and then if people want to bow out, they can at that time. Afterward, we will be going over the overall story arc for the campaign and discuss some key roles that are slated to be fulfilled. We'll be meeting in downtown Portland, the specific location to be determined once I clear some stuff up.

If you are interested in joining the guild, here are some of the expectations and rewards:

NPC guild members make the following commitments:
  • Commit to only NPC for the season when you attend Events.*
  • Attend at least 4 of the 6 planned Events for the upcoming season.
  • Attend Game Days as an NPC as availability and need allow for. Game Days can be attended to fulfill your event commitments at a rate of two to one. (i.e. you can fulfill your commitment by attending two modules and three events, for instance).
  • As guild members demonstrate ideal NPC habits (consistently looking to help out, staying in-game in PC-populated areas, etc.) and a strong command of the system, we'll be assigning a few as "group leaders" to mentor new NPCs and lead teams of NPCs in assorted key encounters.

*Depending on the scope and NPC needs of a Game Day, it may be possible to attend as a PC in order to start developing your own characters and begin building relationships with the other PCs.

Some (not all) of the rewards for joining NPC Guild:
  • Greater gobbie and grab bag rewards for attendance than ad-hoc NPCs.
  • Assigned key "White Hat" and "Black Hat" roles which will make appearances based on need and story.
  • A broader and deeper understanding of the story for each event.

Our plan is to schedule a Guild meeting usually one week before each event in which we will go over the story and planned encounters for that event, and hear any ideas that we might integrate into future events, etc., serving up some pizza and salad, or grilling some foods and such.

I know the announcement is last minute, and for that, I apologize. If you cannot attend, at least shoot me a PM and let me know, and if you're unable to attend but interested in joining, also shoot me a PM. Those that are able to attend will be awarded 30 gobbies. :)

Thus far, I think I have received firm commitments to be part of the NPC Guild from the following people:
  • Adam Staiger
  • Amanda Glenn
  • Amy
  • Joe
  • Bryan (not Gregory)

Address for the meeting will be 1600 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR. When you get there, ring me up on my cell (pm me for the numbers) so I can let people in and up.

Also, to be clear, this is just a preliminary meeting for the campaign that begins after the August Oregon event.

Meeting location is currently in flux. The office where we were to meet is locked up, so we can't get in. I need to reach Joe, who had confirmed that he would be attending, as well as anyone else that planned on swinging by. Please spread the word and email me at jpariury at gmail dot com for my cell number if you need it.

Back