Resolved Oak of the Arcmage - Signature Spell Strikes

Pantzike

Scout
From Page 70 of the 2.1 Rulebook (Draft 5 at posting)
Oak of the Archmage
Passive.
Oak of the Archmage allows a caster to substitute a Staff for a Source, as well as deliver their Channeling attacks and Signature Spells via weapon attacks. The caster must have the Staff Skill to use this ability. Having a staff shattered, lost, or stolen does not end the Oak of the Archmage Effect.
When Oak of the Archmage is chosen, the character must select a single element appropriate to their Channeling pool(s). The character can now use any staff in their possession as a Source of that element when Channeling. This ability may be purchased multiple times to allow for multiple elements.
When attacking with a staff, the character may now expend Channeling Pool points, up to their normal maximum, with the verbal “Elemental Strike [Effect]”. The maximum limit may be raised through the Greater Source Ritual.
Finally, the character may expend a Signature Spell from memory to attack with their staff with the call “Spell Strike [Effect]”, using the Effect of the expended Signature Spell.
This ability does not allow use of a Staff as a Source for the purposes of Spark.

Elemental Strikes have been covered here. Based off that ruling, if I have a staff with enhanced source for a celestial element, and I take Oak of the Arcmage with Earth High magic, I can use the staff to Elemental Strike my Celestial Channeling pool. This is understood.

My question regards Signature Spells. If I purchase Oak of the Arcmage with one aspects High Magic, am I then able to utilize Oak to Spell Strike any Signature Spell I have in memory, Earth or Celestial?

My question regards Signature Spells. If I purchase Oak of the Arcmage with one aspects High Magic, am I then able to utilize Oak to Spell Strike any Signature Spell I have in memory, Earth or Celestial?
No.

The use of signature spells with OoTA is limited by the Aspect of HM used to purchase the ability.

Back