Oblivous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyra

Artisan
Oblivous to the magical mist on the other end of the Lux, Kai is puttering about and puts her chickens to bed. She tucks each of them in with a little blanket. "Sleep tight, chickies."

Calan walking through the lux commons notices Kai down the way. He wanders down toward her to go and say hi. With him he is carrying a bottle and two rolled up black and purple banners.

Kai looks over at Calan. "It's rare I get visitors over here. You need some eggs?"

Calan considered the question a moment. “ why yes I wouldn’t mind any you had to spare. Is there anything you would like in return for them?”

"Hang on..." she leans into the coop, and there is a shuffling sound as she makes everyone play musical nests. "I can spare you eight" she replies through the wall. She emerges with the eggs bundled in a tied square of cloth that matches the chicken blankets. "Careful with these, I'm afraid don't have a spare basket for you." She glances at his armful, as she offers the bundle. "Whatcha got there?"

Calan looked at his arm load. “Well let’s both answer that and solve my basket problem.” Calan sort of shoves the bottle between his waist and his belt. Part of him worries it’s going to fall out but it’s just for the second. He then unrolls the banners and holds onto each end. “Now if you put them on here I can wrap them and take them back to our house. They are just the banners that we have on our house typically Jinn took them through the mists and has since sent them home”

Kai places the bundle in the center of the banners. "If he sent them back and didn't come with them, is he moving to New Acarthia?" She gives Calan serious eye contact. "You don't owe me anything for the eggs, but if you're going to rush off on an adventure, make sure someone uses them in the next week." At that moment, a little white chick wobbles out the coop door. It starts to peep, and pecks at Kai's boot experimentally.

Solrex would head to the Conclave, pick up a book, and start researching undead lore. A few days later, he would be reading the book as he walked and notice Calan. He would speak up, “Hey, getting pretty cold this time of year, I’m getting close to wanting to hibernate, just trying to memorize this book on undead lore so I can review it in my dreams this winter, if that’s even going to do anything. Anything up with you? Just trying to say goodbye before I rest for the winter.”

Calan holds eye contact with Kai. " why thank you that is very kind of you. I will be sure to have them eaten up before I go to any place. As for Jinn moving. It could be possible I know that he loves New Acarthia. All though I feel like he would have kept one of the banners. Rohnan and I intend to go looking for him for more definitive answers before long."

Calan turned to face Solrex.
"hello Solrex, it is getting cold. days like today have me wishing I lived in a warmer part of the world. I wouldn't say anything, in particular, was up. just your typical everyday comings and goings. studying is always a good thing. I hope it works out well for you."

Solrex smiled, and spoke, “Right, well, I better get to it. I want to have this book memorized before I hibernate this winter so I can dream on what I can remember. Hope your days are filled with joy.”

Solrex then swerved away, his mind having enough social interaction for now, and heading back to his place.

Kai raises an eyebrow at Calan, as Solrex departs. She shrugs, and then bends down to cuddle the chick. "Ty, we've talked about this; you're too little to be out here alone. If you want to go walkies, bring Henny-penny or Cluck Norris with you." The chick peeps excitedly. "Oh shush!" More peeping. "Yes, I know, you're very brave. Now go." She shoos the chick back into the coop, and considers locking the door behind it. Still on the ground she looks up at Calan. "My chickens are braver than I am."

Last edited:
Calan chuckles at Kai’s chick wrangling.

“There is more than one way to be brave my friend, sometimes running off to go battle a thing isn’t bravery it’s just plain stupidity. Admittedly sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference until after the deed is done.” He pauses a moment while he looks at the chickens doing what it is that chickens do.
“Sometimes I think being the person who stays behind in the almost defenceless town to be a witness, and emotional support is one of the bravest things I can think of doing.”

Kai stands up, and brushes off her skirts. She looked amused but skeptical at the compliment. "I won't ask you to be careful. I already know you are going to do the best you know how to do." Kai gives Calan a one-armed hug, so as not to crush the eggs. "I should get to the rest of my chores, and I imagine you have a bit of work ahead of you as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back