October 2016 Closer Favourites!

In no particular order.

All things "Cookies." Seriously, Tony you reminded me of why I love this game and why I wish I could travel to more games, more often.

Watching the stars collide and trying to not get in their paths.

The madness RP to include, but not limited to:
  • Being slowly frozen and needing all sorts of flame effects to counter it
  • Trying to cut my leg off to get spiders out
  • Trying to cut my head off to get the snakes out of my scalp
  • Being convinced that no matter how hard I try, I would not be able to defend my friends
  • Losing the battle of an influence to kill myself only to be saved by Suryion
  • Playing Patty Cake with Roganzi, the Earth Circle, and beating a monster to death via Patty Cake; it's a strong style.
  • Not being able to stop myself from sliding across the ground and breaking a rib against a tree (In Game before you ask) that was kind enough to stop me
Stealth mod gone wrong and taking a shatter spirit acid straight to the heart. In my mind, I saw it coming, went to step out of the way, saw it hit me, and watched myself disintegrate from the point of impact outward until I was no more. Oh, if we only cast that Vengeance earlier...

Being called by Mem'Va'Tov to act as a focus point. They saw Aisling and Roman's spirits stuck within the Earth Circle and pulled Tenerian from the field to help get them back. Being able to help them return to this world meant so much.

Defending the wall. That entire encounter was such a good time and another reminder that I need a way to carry more arrows.

Phedre teaching Tenerian how to cast earth magic, of all things, in her own special way.

Speaking with Carver, one last time. While he is gone from this world, it was some comfort knowing that an action Tenerian wished to carry out with his permission was A: permissible, and B: would give him some comfort.

The cold! Ohh, the glorious cold.

Watching easily four to five times in a row after it was announce that singing only brings out danger, someone sing and then something happen in town less than 30-60 seconds later. Despite begging and pleading to stop the singing by some folks, it just couldn't be stopped.

Seeing so many friends and allies live one more time, despite everything going on around us, and living for another day to lick our wounds and attempt to stop the next calamity in the only way we know how; solutions equally dangerous, or perhaps more even than, the problems themselves.

I've got so many favorites!!!!! But I will try to keep it to a few!

1) Sweet sweet larp weather!!!! I love playing in Seattle because for the most part the weather is very temperate. Mostly around 50 or so degrees, so after the summer from heck where every game was in the high 80s to the 100s I was so happy to be playing in the cold again!! There were points where you could see people were exhausted from running around and doing their best. They were run a bit ragged, their breath was steaming, they were spent from the previous encounters, but when the call to arms went out they grabbed their gear and hit the field. It made for such a great ambiance for everything that was going on plot wise!

2) Information sharing, like WHAAAAAAT?!?!?! I felt like I knew exactly what was going on all weekend long and this was my first ever event here! It was amazing that every time there was always someone willing to explain what exactly was happening around us all weekend.

3) Don't try to game the absorbing magic Construct system! (seriously if you put a glowing rock out there I will lick it, gotta figure out the puzzle)

4) Speaking about Puzzles ----> Bees? / Flying Lily (this is the point where I mention that I will now proceed to butcher names!)

5) Speaking about Lily! Clutch heals! I seriously need to buy healing arts so I am not just running bodies up to people and shaking them like "Its broken! Please fix it!"

6) Also Abbath and Raganzi! Puzzle Squad! (I think we are just good luck, like we aren't solving the puzzle, but we are there)

7) This ones for Val/Emily - I slide out of the way of a strike just as the wind picks up and catches my Party Ear and sends it flying into the leaves (Goodbye dirty party ear I will miss you forever!!!!), I proceed to spend half of the next two fights playing ear's waldo (the name I gave my party ear for this pun)...... *feels shame for terrible pun*

8) My buddy Nova!!! I desperately wanted to help you on Saturday night, but I seen you do some things that normal people don't do, and you kept sliding closer and closer to the darkness!!!! At one point Kainnen (sp?) comes by and is like I gotta go talk to this dragon (there were probably more swear words in there) keep an eye on Nova yeah? and I'm like no problem! I turn back around and there is just a puff of smoke where Nova was a second ago! *raises fist, curses Nova!!!!!!*

9) Nobles and Nobles in action! The belts, the coronets, the bowing/kneeling, it was all wonderful. Then seeing the nobles out on the front lines kicking in faces!!! Epic! I loved it! I tried to pass off as many defenses as I could to you guys!

10) Phedre.... My, uh, friend (Lady of Nightmares!)... Summoning terrible things with Kiba and Tova (again probably butchering everyones name) started out funny, but as soon as the first thing ends, another little tune and elementals start dropping in, then more singing and Muffin proceeds to wreck face! At a certain point I just turn to her, and shake my head like please no more! (Secretly I want to steal her away and bring her to other lands as a monster siren!!!!!!). Also all your help to keep me extremely well informed, and watching her make in 30 minutes what I have basically scraped together all summer was epic!!

11) Tenerian! I show up, find a giant Elf with a bow and a sword, instant friendship! I'm sorry you lost your voice, I had so many magic armors for you!!!!! (This is also why I love travelling, meeting new people that you instantly click with! Like oh, you also work for death, awesome!)

12) Sunder Dragon!!!!!! Avalon and Kainnen (again I don't know how to spell anything!) Celestial elven buddies for life!!! As for the big snake, it was kind of like meeting a legend, out on the west coast your name gets brought up a lot, especially when talking to Sir Daylynn about his favorite fights! So that was an epic experience!

13) Most importantly the staff and NPCs!!! All weekend through the rain and cold you guys kept going, and told an amazing story! There were points where I felt scared, hopeless, victorious, happy, I laughed (Silverspoon is so great), and I even felt internal conflict (thanks Shaw!! Maybe magic is a lie?!?!) but most importantly you guys created the conflicts, the hard fights, and (F that Wither King!!!!) the type of tension that makes people bond together, put away petty conflicts, and stand united against an external threat. That to me shows a depth of story and planning that I really appreciate, and for it I am truly happy I made the trip out!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who helped to make such a great event, I have already started planning a western invasion for next year (we will see how many and who as we get closer), but I instantly started singing the praises of your game! I could go on and on, but I figure 13 is a lucky number, and other people also probably have things they liked as well!!

<3

-COME BACK HERE YOU'RE MADE OF CHOCOLATE. Wait, no you're not, you're like 6 different kinds of celestial. Wait, I'm drunk SOME PARTS OF YOU WERE CHOCOLATE.
-Stephano, so tired and exhausted, wanted to just catch a bomb. And he did.
-Another few rounds with the Withering King. Didn't do as well this time.
-Brittington Engulf Party
-Captain Terra Nova and my intense love with radical magic!
-Finally having good news for Dame Vaune and she had some for us.
-Everyone. Everyone. Everyone was great to see and play with!
-Phedre. Just, really everything about her, Stephano adores her and respects her highly.
-I've got a ship and 5 different people that qualify as captain. Gonna be great.
-Roman's magic blade at the behest of the enemy.
-Plot. Thank you from the bottom of this crazy birbs heart and my own as well.

"He can't hit me cause he doesn't have a magic blade!"
"Oh I think I got one, wait, no I don't"
"It's okay, I got him!"
"No, no, no, no, no, ARGHHHGHGHGHGlGHLG!"
Raganzi and Undead guy laugh hysterically in unison (then I felt bad, the undead did not)

Another great moment!

I just realized I forgot the best one: During the madness RP, Tobias called Tenerian a life elemental and Tenerian totally eviscerated Tobias for it.

Alright, it has been over a week and I’m still not done processing everything that happened and how I am responding to it all, but favorites need to be shared before they are forgotten because this event was amazing.

A huge thank you to the plot team for running this weekend. There were a lot of encounters and characters to interact with that led to a lot of great discussions and RP.

Another big thank you to NH plot for running with this story and giving it its ending. This weekend was the wrap up of many years of intense plot and so many IBGAs and anxiety inducing secret mods and actions. I’m going to miss being active in this part of the world and story that we created, but am so happy to have seen its resolution.

Having Roman back in game, finally. Dude, you were missed this season.

Getting the first punch in the gut with Dan’s pure lord asking me why I was just chilling around in the Hollow and not fighting, followed by “oh, you haven’t heard.”

The following discussion with Kainen, Keeley, and Tabin and what needed to get done and ready for. Finally pulling the ripcord and discussing protection needs depending on how our retrieval of Carver went. Ray, I love the conversations Tabin and Aisling have.

The confusion on Abbath’s face when she sat down next to Aisling as she was digging through all of her alchemy. Followed by instant support, loyalty, and reassurances. <3 Abbath and our role play.

Having a plan for getting into Sadeen Moor with the hit squad only to have it change at the last second as we were portaling out with Roman saying, “we’re going to this place, I have a guy.”

Awkward family introductions.

The Carver retrieval mod. There was so much there that I could barely process or comprehend all of the bits and pieces that were going on.
  • Apologizing to everyone for taking them to the Sanctum, cringing when opening the inside door, and getting real concerned when it was dead quiet.

• Finding my footing to attempt to pull rank on the skyrider. A valiant effort at trying to avoid a fight.

• That fight - might have been a bit intense. Best part of it was the brief pause as Roman prisoned himself between me and Sean. The facial expressions all around spoke volumes.

• The brief attempt at an alchemy stand off and it resulting in a shatter spirit landing square on Tenerian’s chest.

• Bill’s RP while they tried to take him out of his cell. “You came with AISLING? You dumb idiots!”
Post rescue feelings, discussions, and getting yelled at. “Yes, I messed up. Yes, I’m sorry. No, that doesn’t fix it. Yes, it was for the people.” This guilt is going to last for always.

Snapping at Nova and all of the RP that flowed from that throughout the weekend. Jamie, you rock.

Conversations about how to get Shaw to leave SM. “I know how to get Maka; I can do it.” and revealing that special relationship to the world.

Muffin :( He was a hyena monster, but he was ours and he was just trying to protect me.

The confusion during that fight while I sat confined, paralyzed, prisoned...take your pick.

Figuring out how to go to the cave to get Maka and whether or not it was a trap or really just tea party time.

The final moments with Maka and struggling with some conflicted emotions, including a pinch of fear: “I’m going to eat your tongue and then your face.”

Losing my nerves to anxiety more than a few times over the weekend and always having someone there to help. Roman, Phedre, Keeley, Tabin, and Tenerian being constant sounding boards and reassurances that I was getting through this was HUGE and the RP with it was some really great discussions.

Saturday night with the random effects that kept happening to people with Silas around. I legit started losing my mind to giggle fits towards the end of that. Well done, plot, that was a messed up and fun time.

Sunday morning and the lovely description of the bats overhead. “The bats are carrying cages with various animals in them. At the front of the formation, there’s a bat carrying a cage that you notice is empty.” Congrats Sean, Aisling found out that she could, in fact, get more freaked out and scared that she had been for most of the weekend. That description dropped a boulder of lead into the bottom of my stomach.
  • Again with the bats: walking into the tavern with Roman and overhearing discussions of what might be happening. Dear, sweet, naive Aloise very excitedly talking about the animals in cages and saying how silly it was to have an empty cage. Aisling kept trying to cut that conversation short, but Aloise kept commenting about the empty cage. Aisling finally snapped, turned to him and very bluntly stated, “that cage is for me,” and walked out.
Holding it together during the pre-wave battle fights and the bombardments, apologizing to Vry for bringing this mess to the Hollow. Building up my confidence that I was ready to make this stand-off and then immediately losing all nerves and booking it across the field in fear as Shaw came around the corner shouting, “WHERE IS SHE?” Nope Nope Nope!

“I trusted you!” and the crush of so many mixed emotions and not knowing if or how to respond. :oops:

The start of the fight and the drive by for Roman. I started circling to stay away from Shaw as he circled around the town, and then had that wonderful, slow-mo, “oh no” moment as I realized he was going for Roman instead of Aisling. Whoops

Getting dropped by Shaw and him swinging a shatter spirit at me as Ona (I think?) parried it, followed by a shatter spirit gas globe as Shaw chased Ona down and very happily calling a “poison shield.”

Taking in the fight and deciding to start getting in Shaw’s way so that others wouldn’t keep getting hurt. Short story: it worked. Longer story: he dropped me instantly and dragged me into the tavern. At least it kept him off the field until I dissipated.

Rezzing instantly, thank you Samara and Tenerian for the plot behind that! We can skip the horrid romanticism that came along with Roman and Aisling rezzing next to each other.

Waking up from the rez, realizing I was surrounded by friends, that things were over, and being hit by a giant release of emotions.

Carver’s heart - cool cool cool

The reaction to the shouting wind report of Sadeen Moor, the new circle for the people there (pretty sure my jaw hit the floor), and hearing about Anaxion taking the country. *#$@&$# NO. BAD DRAGON

Hunt, crap like this reminds me of how solid a family we are. I bought this ticket 100 times over and you all stood right there with me to make sure we took care of it. Hunters choose in, even if the person responsible deserved every bit of fallout.

I think I’ve rambled enough, I could retell the whole weekend and it would be full of favorite moments. Y’all are the best. <3

Hey folks. I had a super fun time. Thanks staff and NPCs for running around with us in the crappy weather.

Legion of the Vigil mod. Being asked to say out loud the things Nerium thinks about on a regular basis. Hearing other people's perspective. Getting an answer to "who are you" from the figure. New members!

"Did you send a whispering wind?" "No. But I think I confined myself." "Did we just break up?" "No? I love you, I don't want to break up." "I love you too." "Let's not break up. Could somebody let me out of this confine?" Some of the whacky mind effects from Silas were funny, some were not, all made for a neat and chaotic combat.

Having a job. Write all the things.

Conversation about how adventurers tend solve problems.

The Withering King calmly announcing that he is going to go deal with a dragon.

That apple butter.

Back