October Closer 10/18-20/19 Feedback

brconvery

Traverse City Staff
Please take a few moments to leave us and the next season's plot team some constructive comments regarding the October event. By letting us know what you liked, didn't like, feel went well or not so great, it helps the plot team (outgoing and in coming) write more enjoyable events. Please include why you liked/disliked something; the why is just as important as the what.

Thank you all for a great season.

So I had a great time this weekend. Thank you plot, thank you NPCs, thank you PCs.

I had been dying to play XXI since the 2.0 change over and working on his costume for over a year. I learned quite a bit about my build thanks to the great variety of monsters we got to fight. It was also a great plot to explore a new potential role in the town with. While I stayed out of the way of those that were running the show I was far more involved in the main plot than I typically am with my far more "pure tank" primary character, and I participated in some great puzzles which I normally never do.

I had a blast playing with so many NPCs at once. It's rare it becomes a near 1:1 ratio. Always nice to see new blood trying out the game. I hope you guys had a lot of fun. It was great getting surrounded by land sharks. Prior to that, I enjoyed getting to try out my skills on elementals.

Kudos to the team for making the most of a very dark camp and bringing the equipment to help facilitate that. I won't lie though, I did love the spooky darkness.

The final fight got mired down in telephoned info, but that isn't any individual person's fault or even a team's fault. I think the darkness contributed greatly to this as people tried hard to figure out where they were supposed to go. Still, I felt plot rolled really well with the scattered players. We were given plenty of ability to backtrack and refocus to get the job done. I really enjoyed that it ranged all over that area and made great use of the changing landscape. The torch lake beach alone was fantastic.

I enjoyed roleplaying with the players a great deal. Maxwell and I have never so much time to talk before.

Food was excellent, the salsa was amazeballs.

I look forward to seeing you all sometime next season. Come visit us when you can. :)

Travis/XXI

My wife and I enjoyed it. There were times when things moved a little slow, but that is to be expected to some degree. My wife is interested in coming back as Zena and I will definitely return as Tua. We met a lot of interesting characters, spent a fair bit of time talking with Spark, Eragon, Shakiis, Anya, Maxwell, Nomm, Princess and several others whose names I don't recall (but some of whom still made a memorable impression). Learned a lot and enjoyed our time traveling around the lands with everyone. Thanks everyone for being so welcoming.

I have always been a fan of puzzles and problem solving, so those were great. I do also enjoy a fair bit of plotting and political intrigue as well. Ultimately everyone has their own reasons for enjoying such events, be it the escapism that many people desire, or the being able to do what you can't in real-life, but ultimately it has always been the interactive creation of intriguing stories and the way that different people can develop different ways to overcome the same challenge that has always fascinated me the most about RPG's in general. Which was definitely present.

Back