October event favorites!

Azmodeous

Artisan
I had a great time and didn't see a place to share why yet, so here we are!

The bandits that stole Bjorn’s salt pouch. There were so many other items that they could have stolen that were not only worth something, but that he would have let go. But no, they had to steal the thing that brings him good luck and keeps away the bad spirits. Case in point: the very next fight Bjorn got into after his salt was stolen, he was turned into undead. Thank you to the PCs and NPCs who both unintentionally created a recurring villain and made my weekend in one go.

People mentioning assault to Bjorn and him responding with: “Assault? Oh! I know! A salt!” Followed by him immediately digging in his pouch and handing whoever it was several grains of rock salt.

Roann crying on anyone’s shoulder that would let him.

Bjorn’s reintroduction to Roann. Oh, you’re different... whatever.

Almost getting the kill order on Shin. “Do you think you can kill Shin?”
“No. But I’ll try.”

Explaining my life debt to Roann to people, especially when I knew full well that they could kill me. “I do not have anything against you, but I will do everything in my power to stop you if you attack Roann.”

Traps. Holy hell, I blew through so many this weekend!
Sorry I splattered you, Alara. That whole setup was to kill ANYONE that was after Roann with malicious intent.

Lessons on Necromancy. It provides me with so much entertainment when anyone tries to explain magic to Bjorn because none of it makes sense to him and it takes so much effort for him to even care about how it works.

“50 Massive slay!”
“Taken!”
“Taken?”
“Yep, Taken.”
“Jesus!”
I was barely alive, but smiling like a madman.

Arcane Armor. I lost 10 points of armor, but I was about 5X more survivable because I no longer had 60 lbs of armor weighing me down.

I simultaneously loved and hated being paralyzed and leaned up against a wall for the full 10 minutes. It was amusing just leaning against the wall watching packets hit all around me and being absolutely sure that I was going to die.

I got my first packet attack! Granted, I need a maximum of two packets for the whole weekend, but it still makes me happy.

Lets see. I enjoyed the whole weekend. I didn't go on many mods, yet I still feel like I was satisfied with what I did do.

I'll start off with the joining of the House of Pain and Purity. Kinda helps when you have people that can "Read and Write" to explain the houses to you, seeing as it seemed important to everyone.

Lorell(sp?) the Pumpkin getting stuck to Furion. Priceless commentary.

Talking with the crazy, goblin-slaying farmer(played by Wolf) about marrying Saphira.....and potentially killing both Furion and Lucien......and leaving body parts of his enemies for Saphira.....

During the night battle, walking along-side the Eye (Wolf), thinking he was another PC, looking over and going, "Oh, you're not friendly," just as he raised a packet to Enslave me. "Nope." Made a b-line behind other bodies.

Paige: "Shun all non-High Ogres."
(grabs a flame-blade and does nothing, then gets a magic weapon)
Me: "WOOOO!"

Nova calling to shield wall the entrance to the Kraken. Ozark was the only one that stood there just as 3 tentacles came alive and turned to look at him. "Crap."

(P.S. Polare, I'd like to get that picture from you when you get the chance. email: kazhlaidon@gmail.com)

Getting enslaved, then knocked out, then carried around for ten minutes while some one who could get into the ward was found on friday night. Don't kiss strangers.

Pantherghasts will always have a special place in my heart, even if they kill me repeatedly.

The last jack-o-lantern mission that was pretty much a jumping puzzle was awesome!

Almost being murdered by Tal(both happy and sad that didn't happen).

Didn't get to do as much as I wanted too, but still a fun weekend. January can not come fast enough.

Enslaved by an eyeball and being sent to haul the players to the mod...showing up and everyone is standing around the tavern. "MOVE TO THE LAKE! NOW!"

Rothgar, Darrelyn, and Gally are sitting on the porch. Gally says something teasing to Rothgar, and Rothgar looks over at Darrelyn.

Rothgar "What does she mean?"
Darrelyn "I think she's trying to engage you"

Rothgar gets up and runs into the Tarven yelling "Rothgar not ready to get married!"

Also the plot team made my PC cry.

All around a great event, full of lots of drama and action.

-Making Shin cry like a baby, only to have him tell Teth something that made him want to hide under his bed, and at the same time a fierce desire to stab something.

-Watching the Dominus and Equitem as they struggle to find their feet and their places. Awesome job everyone, creating the foundation of order for a totally new civilization while its under external attack should never be easy.

-Wolf as the crazy guy in the tavern, stopping me and asking if my brother and I could speak without words, while gesturing to his head. And his response when I told him I don't have a brother, as if he was insane.

-All the crazy awesome traps and such done to the barn.

-Come on, a giant freaking floating eye?? Check please.

The pre-game mod. Not usually rendered speechless. Then being way, waaaay more honest than she should be.

Two moments of genuine horror and regret, leaving VV with mud in her hair but a forced sense of peace and a newfound wanderlust.

"Oh, you're back from purifying the house, Vellis. Looks like you got away clean."
"It wasn't that bad."
"Oh good. Hey here's everyone els... OH MY GOD."

Successfully wrangling a Destroy Magic ritual despite being unable to cast rituals, not having any of the components and not actually having time to be present for the casting of the ritual. Embrace oblivion, pumpkiny friends.

House of Temperance and Ruin Banner Mod and House of Temperance and Ruin Banner Mod Part II: Why Can't We Skip This Dialogue. I got to use my build basically as intended all weekend! Which is probably a bad sign for the world, but a good sign for Dominus Mortem!

I'm super mad about missing nine hours of Saturday, but the show must go on! I'm just glad I got to go to any of it!

- That Pre-Game Mod! I love it when a plan comes together. That body. That lye pit. Those Player's faces. Well done Sir. :3
- Some serious tears for children.
- Burying the bodies with Vellis. Somber. Silent. Sexellent.
- Roann. You cheeky guy you! So many times Shin wanted to stab and murder and then reminded himself. Hats off.
- Crying like a sobbing child and falling into Teth and Lone's arms. Then scarring Teth to pieces. Then more tears. Seriously the most surprising, best gift ever. Shin's mind: Blown
- Rain, I actually miss the rain. Californians be like 'What this?'
- Gift of Life Rituals. Successful, mostly. Close enough!
- Roann's new Groove. Vellis gone Broken Arrow!
- Every meeting that started and ended with 'Lets just kill this guy'
- Giant squid. What. Why, why are we going back to talk to it? Please... please no. It's squeezing me. Please.. Please stop.
- Medi-vacing two fallen in the last fight.
- BME. Yep. It's good to be back! That pustule.
- Somehow missing the Herald. Every. Single. Time.
- All the personal conversations over the weekend. The Personal RP with everyone was awesome.
- Waiting for someone to come and try to murder Shin. Bjorn! Dude! XD
- National Plotttttt
- Polare interviews! Kasuni's Graduation
- A Brooding Dab.
- Giggling like an idiot with Keegan in the kitchen Out of Game.

Last edited:
Awesome weekend, fighting in then out then in again and back out of a giant squid. I actually had to use my sword because of a lack of packets to throw. Thanks Nova for the shove into the tentacles, lol.
Hope everyone enjoyed the cider I made.
Nice talk with Domino's Cronas. (Not sure that's the right spelling) about purpose and decisions.
Still curious about how many people picked up my dagger only to realize they were knocked unconscious by it.
Firions pumpkin... words cannot describe.
Thank you shin for placing an order with me for vorpal serious arrows. The coin helped a lot.
After 2 years I'm finally getting involved with plot and I'm really seeing the game for what it is. I still have trouble with everyone's names, and I'm sorry for that. Just means I need to interact with you more in game.

After 2 years I'm finally getting involved with plot and I'm really seeing the game for what it is. I still have trouble with everyone's names, and I'm sorry for that. Just means I need to interact with you more in game.
Haven't you been on hiatus? Either way, I appreciate there being more than two active members of Fate and Fury at an event. :D

Nothing says '<3' like a Vorpal Dipped Arrow.

1. Fighting with my polearm, then having it shattered. Drawing my sword and shield and having the shield disarmed. Drawing my second sword and just smiling. I am covered in weapons. I still had a dagger and bow for backup.
  2. The discussion about Necromancy; Karzel and Zeth have got my back.
  3. Everything having to do with Roann. The scenes were tense. Well, except maybe having to follow him around now. Otherwise, great. :p
  4. Fate and Fury has a Dominus now! Yay!
  5. Talks with the Herald.
  6. Investigating events from the event before.
  7. NATIONAL. PLOT.
  8. The Eye.

Back