October event favorites

OK, I keep seeing people post on Facebook about how much they enjoyed the event.

For those of us who couldn't make it, please let us know about some of the best parts! We want details! Please write as if you're explaining to someone who wasn't there instead of saying (as usual) "Man, the best thing was the part about the tootsie roll. Nuff said"

And post pictures, too, if someone was taking any. We want to see the event stuff, too.

Okay so my favorites from the event:

The first night where the tavern was overrun with undead. It was bad, fighting on the stairs infront of the tavern, at the back stairs, infront of the mages guild. Having the undead taunt us at the stairs near the mages guild and me quoting a famous Biata scholar by yelling back "Bite me." Of course the dead came up those stairs anyway and we were forced back into the kitchen which did not have a ward for this event due to the biata kitchen staff(me). So I had to shut the door and keep my body against it while balls searched I believe it was one of the Squires for a life item to activate.

Saturday a group of us avengend a pumpkin genocide. Bunch of trolls smashed up a pumpkin patch and a group of us followed the tracks back and put them down. That was an entertaining little crunch.

My first module as a PC, joy! Goblin Iron tower which held plans for evil machines. I can't wait to see how this turns out in the future. We fought through some fairly hard waves of goblins...although considering it was a lowbie mod, they'd only really be hard for us. All in all I and Risi loved it.

The second wave battle in the middle of the night was awesome, sticking close to Aven as she charged into battle on the line even though I knew I had little chance of inflicting any real meaningful damage I took some good advice to heart "Be a distraction."

I also have to say the final wave battle was absolutely terrifying. Surrounded, and overwhelmed for the most part, the rear guard near the tavern collapsed completely to the point where you had nothing but dead bodies just about everywhere and multiple life countdowns going on. When one is lying dead one has time to think about many things including the fact "Does the town still have a lot of life spells left or are people going to rezz because they cant be saved?"

I found a small niche for myself: Trying to drag bodies off the line when a healer cant get to them, and everyone else is distracted trying to kill the monster. I may not be able to swing or cast a lot at my current level but that doesnt mean I cant run back and forth doing something useful.

Finally to all those who NPCed and the Plot Staff you guys are amazing. I loved every moment of the weekend and I look forward to coming back and playing next year, and the year after that, etc etc.

The lowbie mod was fraken COOL!! As my first time being in the mod instead of the opposing force was deff an uber fav. *thanks plot staff and npc's!! you guys did an awesome job! i cant wait till next season, im interested to know where the rabbit hole goes*

PCing a Sarr in general was fun. i managed to get off a racial assasinate, which was pretty sweet even though it didnt do much (i think i landed it on an uber monster w/ 100000000 body points) XD

sitting on the floor during the final battle was cool too, looking around and seeing so many dead on the floor, some (like myself) in final count.. and thinking "do we have enough life spells left for all this?" along with "this is my first PC event.. it would suck to have to rezz" :p

working the taven w/ Balls. its a good way to meet people, and keep your hands warm while washing boat-loads of dishes.

Late night talks about everything from vid games to close encounters w/ bears. just sitting there (slightly shivering) but sharing stories and laughing along side PCs and NPCs is pretty sweet to me. \m/

im sure there are more, but they escape me.

all in all a great weekend.

Wow I dont even know where to start with all the things that happened this weekend to my character and for plot. The whole weekend was a visually amazing event with all the props and jack o laterns set around the place. All and all this had to have been my FAVORITE event ive been to all season. This is my favorite time of year and the event had my kinda flavor to it. Halloween. ALLIE TO FRAKEN RAWK!!!

So in my particular order here are some of my highlights -

Opening night, way to start off an event, the theme was amazing and the storyline....EPIC

Meeting all sorts of new people in game concidering my character is very shy in some ways when it comes to other adventurers, its fun because technically Vincent is always making friends with someone new.

"Yoooooou Dumb Bastards....." LMAO! Tab u play the best floating sugar bowl EVER! Not to mention that Jester had me OOG going Wow.

Being able to Roleplay...ALOT! I got to actually get into some depth with people and there characters making the weekend almost fly by since I was wrapped up with so much to do.

Avon Squad!!!!!!!!! I vote the colors should be Pink and White.

I died alot but it was so worth it. All that combat I got to get into. There is a side of me that thirsts for combat when I larp, its really nice being able to roll up to a Monster and be able to take down some without a spell or anything just my own two weapons now. Made me love my character that much more.

Roleplaying Celestial magic running through Vincent's body after he learned he could actually read magic and his excitement about it, thanks again Ballz! :D

Undeadz, Me loves my undeadz, Coming from one of the few that makes a point to carry turn undead

Getting into a fight with Super Adventure Kids Club. LMAO aka Barony of New Ravenwood. Vincent still believes the group to be full of it and that there being controlled by a vampire, naive ftw

Jarren getting assassinated, in a way Vincent was a bit cruel about it but thats only because of personal feelings from this whole gathering that vincent had. And being a major suspect made me feel great out of game, in game vincent kept saying "U really think I'm that dumb and evil?" if you do then u don't know the tarethial family very well^^

Roleplaying with Ignacious (hope I spelled that right bender). It was fun to actually be face to face with "Officials of higher status" Vincent is very anti formality (its too grown up for him), didnt bow all weekend except for Chad's D-BAG! of a Baron. In which case I knelt down half way and kept giving him my death glare. Thats why he has a problem with authority.

JAMES ANGEL AND MEG - AND I QUOTE!!!!!! "I'm trying to quit smoking!..." lemmygetacigcanIstealonefromyouhunnytrollweedletsgotothesmokersguildblahblahblahblah!!!!!Thats really quiting LMAO! :p had to poke fun at you three, I got a kick out starting friday night until sunday when they were whipping out there own packs.

NPC's I cant ever come up with a space to describe just how awesome each and every single one of you NPC's were throughout the weekend. So to make is as brief as possible. THANK U NPC's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Coffin LID...I still can't get over it...*bang bang bang!* *FIST THE LID TO THE CEILING!* again OMGEPIC!!!! my jaw dropped

Vincent telling Rose just how he feels about his situation he is in and why he stays in Fairdale, he was happy to see Alexander steppin in to help look after her concidering he views her as a handful herself. Vincent and Winter get a big "<3" sticker, I always love roleplaying those two as friends, its alot alot of fun to have those kinds of friendships, It was fun watching Alexander be on edge about everyone simple because he was still learning who was who.

Spar'ing with Alexander and Ithaca. Remember dont cross swords if you got two, and the quickest way between two points is a staight line lmao. Oh yeah and Ithace, Quit being so Epic d00d! u wrecked me lmao :p

Getting told NO by the Healer's Guild for joining because Vincent is too much of a free spirit, an uncontrolled force. Luckily he can be directed and now that the healer's guild isn't going to order my 17 year old brat of a character around, it'll make for more amazing ARR PEE later on.

AGAIN! Luff you all. Alliance is amazing and again this was my most favorite event of the entire season hands down. I am looking forward to what next season holds in store for us. For those going to Jersey this upcoming event I'll see you there. On towards the 5 months of Boredom!

*hugzforall!*
-Jer
-Vincent Tarethial, Naive Human boy ftw

I had a great time. Thank You NPCs, Plot and Staff.

-"Where's Quallon?" Killing Nachtface (sorry Colleen) before she could even get a word in. Trying to come up with the campiest good-guy line ever "You dodged us for the last time; you blood-sucker". KNOWING OOG that we need to listen to her and hear what she has to say, not caring in the slightest IG. I'm too used to villains chillin in circles of power. I am sorry. We chose the "Elf Armed With The Book of the Dawn" option of plot.

-Alliance Law & Order (Fairedale) with Toddo on Sunday. It was like living in one of the homocide detective shows, that I am addicted to watching. I forgot to drop a Lenny Quip out of respect for the fact that there was no permanently dead body in this episode.

-Going into the Mind of The Immortal Warlord Sparticous.
<sparticous>-"what do you do next Ignatius?"
<ignatius>- "Well, I guess I... urinate in my pants and die?"

-jumping into the hole in field that Qaullon got dragged into by the Spiders. Thinking what is the worst that could happen? I got rebirth. Later thanking my lucky stars that stupid thought didn't get me killed.

-npcing was awesome. thank you guys.

-dark elf plot role-play.

Thank You Michelle for all that you have done. You have done a great job as HQ HOP. It is awesome that you are staying on as a Plot Member.

-Brian B
Alliance HQ Rules Marshal

Dark elf plot. I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

The dark elf plot was hours upon hours of roleplaying in our cabin with just a few NPCs. The DE team was on site the entire event, yet most players probably only saw us very intermittently. A big thanks to Brian, Amelia, Illana and most especially Jessica for a great time...even though Jessica needs to research how long it takes bodies to burn at what temperature. Dark Elf CSI for the win.

Magic chain. It saves lives and almost costs lives...Baron Ivan needs to learn to keep his dirty human hands to himself. Filthy surface dweller. Seriously, who goes up to another mail and touches the chain belt hanging down in front? WTF Ivan Drake?

Discussing the Abysmal Gorge with elven nobles and giving them some things to think about.

Bad *** dark elf women who come out and play with us despite current physical conditions that limit them. Dee and Kelly, you guys rock.

Dustin, Steve, Will K and Will M. Nuff said (haha Mike V, I said "Nuff said")

Getting in golem trouble in the last battle and being chased around by four attercob because most of the town was down. I was very close to running for the fire pit circle of power protocol.

Chicken soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and other assorted yummy cabin meals.

Tab's talking sugar bowl.
SB: "How do we kill you?"
Find'rth: "You don't need to kill me."
SB: "You're probably right."

Being overheard saying "The sugar bowl told me you keep helping his boss" and the looks on people's faces.

And of course, the phrase that pays, which I can't repeat in polite company.

Scott

My first time PC'ing and it was fantastic!!! thank you plot and npc's!!!! Made some awesome friends, enjoyed playing my Ang as a bit of a different personality than your typical gorbe, being a bit more social and not eating everyone who made a comment or joke... thank you plot for the random gnolls and the gnolls that actually thought they'd get someone to help them be able to reave (ms) gorbe and after hearing the leader ask, seeing everyone who was there step in front of and around Ang ready to stomp anyone who tried to advance, made her feel awesome! all the mods were great and creepy (just what i was hoping for), loved the marionettes and the jester type spirit. RP'ing with Vincent and hopefully helping him feel a little better about gorbe and not so scared, or at least getting him to be ok with Ang, is a start...enjoyed the goblin iron tower mod, didnt expect it to come crashing down! but that was fun, couldn't keep a straight face when they talked about the "Irongob" suit of armor remembering when i npc'd i WAS the little goblin inside lol...thank you plot for throwing in the lowbie mods by the way, i know there was alot going on with the huge, crushing, big mods, but us "lowbies" appreciate having our moments too lol.... Thats all i can really think of at the moment, it was all amazing so it's hard to pinpoint stuff! See you next season!

What a fantastic end to the '09 HQ Season! I had an absolute blast, both as an individual character, and in appreciating the consistently enhanced overall theatrical experience that our chapter has become. In no specific order, here are my favs:

1. Having all of my original crew (Myself, Robb, Brian, Amanda, & Jinu), plus one new member (Miranda), all playing an event at the same time. Even though we never seem to really get together for a mod where we could embody a great, mid-level, well-rounded adventuring group anymore, it just felt like having our family back together again.
2. Having not one, but TWO propane heaters in our cabin made for remarkably comfortable sleeping conditions. And Toddy didn't even snore or fart too much.
3. Pledging fealty to Blythedale, and being titled Baron Ivan's "First Ranger." It was totally unplanned, and completely based on the role-playing of the moment, which made it so surreal. Khorwyn has been dodging giving allegiance to anyone for quite some time, but hearing Ivan tell him that he truly needed Khorwyn was an honor. He feels he has earned respect and responsibility in which he truly believes, and is honored to have become a part of what looks to be a new, very dedicated family of warriors. Now if only we could recruit a few more healers, and at least ONE celestial caster, we'd be set! :D
4. Witnessing the fruition of what must have been very devoted preparation by the plot and props crews in creating a very frightening, immersing experience for the players. From the ringing of the bell/banging on the doors of the tavern opening sequence, to being rifted into an actual graveyard full of shambling undead, and finally the introduction of the Prince of the Abysmal Gorge.....wow. The make-up, costuming, props work, dialogue, performances...everything! This is the most I have been awed by an event's quality since stumbling upon the Necromantic Dwarven Machine under the tavern. I can't give enough kudos to the creative team behind this event. Keep up the fantastic work!
5. Getting to go on another awesome one-man stealth mod, courtesy of Colin. Thanks for helping me feel like a ninja again and again, Colin, and keep up the great writing!
6. Having our cabin assaulted Friday night, RIGHT after everyone got all warm and cozy, which resulted in (a) Ithica once again defending us in his pajamas, and (b) the discovery of a much more traditional way of defending a ward-less structure. Find a way to lock it!
7. Engaging in exciting combat and role-playing with very talented NPC's, especially on the "Oh my god how many ogres ARE down here?!" Mod on late Saturday night. Chad played Lucas in such a jovial, authentic way, and the ogres seriously kicked my ***.
8. Going on a woodland jaunt with Qualin. Plus, doing various components trading with him, helping to make sure he wasn't a vampire, and receiving his pledge that if I ever one day chose to become an elf, he'd speak on my behalf. Oh gosh, I think I might have a man-crush on Qualin! :eek:
9. Having Nathan cast not one, but two rituals for me. I've been pestering our good Guildmaster for quite some time now, which culminated in two very successful, remarkably hilarious rituals. Robb and I don't get to spend too much time together in game anymore (sobbing), but when we do it's always memorable. Plus, now I have a Flame Sword. I mean really, childhood dreams realized FTW! :cool:
10. Crap, I don't have a 10th favorite moment-thinger! I shall miss everyone over the winter, as I (probably) won't do any chapter-hopping. I wish everyone a wonderful season, exciting adventures in other chapters, and look forward to reuniting in Fairdale with you all next season. Cheers! :D

Vincent Tarethial said:
Avon Squad!!!!!!!!! I vote the colors should be Pink and White.

ANYTHING but pink.. >.>

Not in any order:

1) Seeing Matthew IG: Alexander, looking around during the first intense battle of Friday night as a lvl one PC, saying in all his Irish accent, "What in the bugger is goin' on? And how do we fix it?"

2) SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN!!!! Between surgeries, car accidents, and financial problems, I haven't left home much this year. Getting back into garb, playing my FAV game, and seeing everyone's smiling and welcome faces, makes me feel almost 100% better.

3) Feeling responsible for the "moral-turning" of Wynter's original travel partner, and making a youngin's mistake to try and fix it. Self-inflicted Rez for the lose! Lady Zat is going to kill her, again, but a life for a life is valid in Wynter's eyes. Even though Sarya (sp?) made her cry and promise to talk about it instead of trying to fix things.

4) Ending up being one of three people in the Healer's guild. One of two after Rowen left. I love you drew...but, WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!!!! I rez'd Jarrin first thing in the morning. ( He WOKE ME UP telling me I felt a spirit in the circle seeing as I don't go OOG to sleep) Also rez'd Gregor, a fellow roma, at the end of the final wave battle on Sunday. I'll never forget Darken and Aven yelling at Wynter across the field, " There's someone in the Circle!!!" and booking it up the stairs. Totally realized the seance of responsibility when I was the only other person invested into the guild. I could NEVER do Lady Zat's job. O.O

5) The INCREDIBLE RP with the Gypsy elder from the council. Lanna trying to marry Jarrin, the racial sensitivity there, and Wynter getting a lesson on how to properly curse. I was so nervous to meet a member of the "council" I was OOG getting sweaty and twitchy. lol!!

6) Tim's NPC literally scaring me into tears. The man pops out of the bushes on the right side of the path heading from the smoker's guild to the tavern. I jumped out of my skin so far I'm surprized all my skirts stayed in place. He doesn't automatically strike me, but I asked "who goes" and we chat for just a few seconds before he takes down not only me, but Vincent, and Jarrin too. Took me getting healing and running to the tavern to get help....Still never found the "thing" that attacked me..... Hmm *strokes chin*.......

That's about it for now. I'm sure I'll remember more later. But last and NEVER least, NPC's and PLOT did such a wonderful job of instilling that REAL fear of "Will I live this event?" "Will I survive this trip to the privy?" and "AKK, WHO'S THERE??? Mommy!" Thank you so much guys, for putting up witht he cold and wet and STILL rocking my socks off!

Still tired, still processing. Have some favs:

- Highlight of my weekend was, without a doubt, meeting Delphi. Talk about trippy. Welp, guess I'm coming to HQ Halloween events from now on..

- Conversations with Qualin and Rorii. I always have a good time with these two, whether its discussing elven stuff, town politics, or battle tactics. Good times.

- The Friday night fight. I love challenging fights, and being seventeen seconds from a resurrection? Yeah. I was scared, lol.

- Sparticous. Dennis is insane. One minute, I have him backpacking me (as a fighter? Whaaat?), the next minute we've switched positions to refit like it was as natural as breathing. Plus, he roleplays like a freakin' fiend? Seriously dude, it's awesome to play with you.

- Being a suspect for murder (whoops), conversations with Ignatious that followed. Reminded me how much I miss the Vex Squad crew. "Ignatious, if I killed someone, I would be waking you up to tell you."

- Long talks about life with Tetsu. Tetsu letting me borrow his jade necklace for good luck. Watching Tetsu eat trolls. Pretty much everything Tetsu, lol.

- Seeing Sean Metzler punch open a coffin with his fist and watching the lid hit the ceiling. Hah!

- Watching the Morfang plotline change directions. Discussions with Connor and Larkan and feeling a weird weight lift from my shoulders because of it.

- Having an undead slayer all friggin' weekend. Guess what I'll be doing when my flame sword pops!

Ali, you wrote a fantastic weekend. Thanks for the good times. :)

If I don't see any of you at the remaining Deadlands events, I'll see you next season!

[quote="TheSaint"

I found a small niche for myself: Trying to drag bodies off the line when a healer cant get to them, and everyone else is distracted trying to kill the monster. I may not be able to swing or cast a lot at my current level but that doesn't mean I cant run back and forth doing something useful.

[/quote]

THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how helpful this was. YET ANOTHER FAV OF MINE>>>>>> I had HELP on the field. For once, I was not all over all at once, people actually had the for-thought to bring me their dead! (monty python? no, I think not!)

WynterRose said:
[quote="TheSaint"

I found a small niche for myself: Trying to drag bodies off the line when a healer cant get to them, and everyone else is distracted trying to kill the monster. I may not be able to swing or cast a lot at my current level but that doesn't mean I cant run back and forth doing something useful.

THANK YOU!!! You have no idea how helpful this was. YET ANOTHER FAV OF MINE>>>>>> I had HELP on the field. For once, I was not all over all at once, people actually had the for-thought to bring me their dead! (monty python? no, I think not!)

I think my character is going to endevour to make this his mission on the battlefield, even when he grows up to be a big and strong *** kicking Biata much much later on down the line. Of course I'll probably be carrying a decent spell tree as well devoted to mostly healing

Great event! Thanks NPCs and Staff for braving the harsh conditions to put on a spledid show.

-Rolling with Ash Forest! It really felt good to bear the green and rust again.

-Really cool RP with Daralassia and Rorii regarding all kinds of interesting topics. Dan and Missy rock.

-Prepping for the Gift of Life ritual with Daralassia. I've never been asked to look through scrolls and stuff like that. It was fun to put my rit knowledge to work and get inspired to study more about ritual magics in game.

-Sit downs with Sevaria to talk about life, love, and current events. Great conversations like the ones we had add a ton to the whole experience for me. Thank you!

-Speaking of awesome conversations. The multi session talks with Ren were a lot of fun! Thanks very much Amelia, great to rp with you!

-New PC blood! Way to go Annette, Risika, and Greg on your cool new characters and kick *** costumes! Can't wait to see you guys back!

-Dealing with the mad jester Entropy/Delphi...I never knew if what I was about to say next was going to damn Wik. I just went with my gut. That was probably a bad plan. My head still hurts over this mystery. I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Thanks Tab for a killer performance as this character, it was a blast interacting with you bro.

-The scene in the tavern when Iggy went into Sparticous' head. It was nuts. I heard Ignatious screaming while I was talking with Soren in the private room, and we both ran to see what the matter was. I saw what was going on and just went silent. I knew this session should not be in public, and could quickly tell neither of them were prepared for the memory that was being observed. Iggy started shouting as if he were Sparticous even after the session ended, the mental tremors caused some unusal risidual side effects. Then there was Sparticous weeping as if he had just lost someone very close. I still don't understand what all happened, but that was badass.

-Being an effective backpack to Sparticous.

-The group of NPC adventurers in the tavern. I thought this was a great idea. Kudos Tim Gailley! Stuff like this adds a lot to the environment. It makes you remember that there is a world beyond the borders of Fairdale and Icenia.

-Props and costuming and well written encounters ftw. The spectacle with Sean immerging as our new All Hallow's Nemesis was soooo hot. All the lieutenants were acting brilliantly. I seriously almost had a case of I need to change my pants after that. It was cool to roll up like I was about to do something crazy and heroic only to quickly realize how futile my efforts were. The big well-armored ultra-scary bad guy who just tiger uppercutted a stone coffin lid into the ceiling starts casting dragon magic right up in your grill? Cast Earth Storm faster. Fight evil without cessation right? Word. Sean your speech was delivered masterfully bro. It' always better when you're around.

-Being asked to go help deal with Nachtface. She thought she was going to have a conversation, but instead she got a passage from the Book of the Dawn read to her sweetly by Qualin lol. Brian's line "You dodged us last time Bloodsucker!" was awesome. We knew as soon as the dust settled that we had just effed up royal and put the town in grave danger, but who wants to be a dirty consorter anyway? Colleen looked so awesome for that, I felt bad she was only on stage for a few moments before we pulled the trigger.

-Speaking of Colleen, she was hardcore for us all weekend long and even layed down on the cold grass just so the encounter would be more immersive for the players. Thanks for coming out Colleen! I love it when you're around, you always add so much to the game!

-Qualin Brightoak tells his orc pal that he has grown very fond of him, and wouldn't mind him sticking around a few more centuries. Well...I'm warming up to the idea, that's for sure. I love hanging out with Henry's character. Qualin's prescence has quickly become one of my static favorites.

-Late Friday private room shennanigans. Songs about creative defication...I'm pretty sure I remember that. Hahaha.

-Getting to reveal the power of the super awesome bow Sparticous and I worked on getting in Moria!

-Winning the pumpkin carving competition. Being rewarded for crafty stuff is so cool. Thanks Michele for the awesome prize delivery. Having to wait made it that more sweet. You're the best!!

-Feeling like I gained a bit of respect from some of the unfamiliar Dark Elves that visited town. Actions speak way louder than words.

-Srryah frantically searching for something to fix my condition while I was down in the last big fight only for her to be cut down in the process. That was crazy dramatic. Throwing my last life spell at her while she has being dragged away after I got up. Awesome stuff. Great rough battle.

-Though our interactions were brief, each one with Aven was very meaningful. I know she is going to make a really great Knight. I can't wait to play Flint again and roll with the Squad.

Thanks for an awesome season HQ! Special thanks to Michele for all her hard work she's done as HoP and for staying on the team to continue writing brilliant stuff. Ali you're finale was epic, way to go!

-Justin Coggin

there always things I forget too.

I was Rogue-ing around toward the mass of ogre endless doom mod that was happening, Upon moving up to save some people I hear "BLAH BLAH DEATH! BLAHBLAH DEATH!" I rolled my left side back to make an attempt at dodging the packets only to feel the hilt of my dagger slam into something behind me, I fell down from more death packets, and I turn to see Bender fall behind me holding...himself. <Man I still feel bad for this one too>. Taught me to be more aware of just whose around me xD

Avon Squad - Purple and Yellow :lol:

Vincent Tarethial said:
Avon Squad - Purple and Yellow :lol:

Better. :D :lol: :lol: :D

Tetsu said:
-Feeling like I gained a bit of respect from some of the unfamiliar Dark Elves that visited town. Actions speak way louder than words.

-Justin Coggin

Really? Orcs have a strange perception of reality I guess.... :twisted:

Wow.

I cannot say how much I appreciate all of the NPCs who turned out for this cold and nasty weather - and I am really, really appreciative of how everyone and everything turned out.

-Early Friday afternoon shenanigans between me and Rich setting up the Asylum. Having the discussion of how in the world we were going to build intestine, and what to make them out of. Turns out those intestines were fully edible..and yes, they really did have a key in them :).

- Friday night's opening. Getting to stand there and have that door banged on and ripped open, and seeing the PCs faces as Emily, Brian and I all stood in that circle. I wanted it to be the setting for the entire weekend, especially when we rifted everyone out.

- The entire "Old Inkeeper and his Butler" plotline. The PCs looked like they had an incredible amount of fun between Colleen's NPC, and all of the modules, as well as the turned candlestick which showed that the Butler really did do it :). I've had that entire plotline written now since we first came to the site, and it was nice to actually see it come to fruition. :)

- Friday night Asylum. I didn't get to see the Lowbie's side, but I know the High guys had a great time interacting with the creepy little girls, as well as our 'disemboweled' guard and our Cornelius "The Cannibal." I was really happy to see this dungeon crawl have so many people get to go on it from the two separate sides.

- Saturday morning's Baronial Shenanigans. Thank you Chad very much for playing the Baron of Corrheim. That was awesome :)

- The whole Morfang plotline. I love the experiences that people have with Larkin and her family , and having people start to say something and then shut up because they're messing with time and don't want me to know were fantastic.

- Watching Ivan reach and grab Find'rth's chain, and thinking I was about to see Scott pound Eric into the ground. 'Stop touching things!'

-Having the PCs save Lucas Morfang. With chicken. And more chicken. And yet, more chicken. How's your belly doing Chad? :)

- The awakening of Entropy. Tab looked FANTASTIC as that character, and his springy marionettes made me laugh. Thank you so much Tab for playing this guy :).

- The push forward in time, and coming in with Sean as Conner, and Chad as Lucas. The tearing up PCs who realized what they had done, and the drastic changes to the plotline because of PC interaction. Great Job PCs :) And y'know..me offering Chad yet MORE chicken. LOL.

- Saturday's evening mod - we as a plot team had various ideas on what would be done to Nachtface, but "You dodged us once, bloodsucker" was one of the best comments of the weekend. Great job to the guys on that mod :).

- Hearing about Entropy the Sugar bowl. Hilarious.

- The spectacle that started this whole weekend. It was the first thing I had written all weekend, knowing full well that all money, all props, and everything I had spent so much time on could possibly not run, depending on the PCs. Rich and Adam did a PHENOMENAL job on that casket top..for those who couldn't see it, they actually carved a person at rest with a sword into the foam.

- Getting to capture Nachtface's essence, breaking off a piece of her, and sprinkling it over the casket, and calling forth the powers of Darkness to raise their Prince. We had put some of the dust and dirt from the floor onto the top so when Sean hit it, it would come up.. *BANG!* ...*Bang* Dust flies.. *BANG!* *Casket top hits the ceiling.* I am really glad this had the desired effect it was supposed to. I'm glad everyone had a great time, and seeing this writing come to fruition was definitely something I will never forget. Robb coming to me later telling me he expected us to start singing like a joss whedon episode was epic :).

- Late night Storyteller and his Gargoyle. I was expecting him to hook six individuals, and half the town came. 1 npc entertaining 20? Epic. :)

- "Am I the most good looking man in this room?" "I do not contain that information." :lol:

- LATE saturday night's warning. It felt very "Take on me" Slam myself against the wall. :)

- Sunday's module and Wave battle to save Brennil Valnora. Many different PCs had become part of that plotline, and its always awesome to see PCs really get attached to a good guy enough to want to save her. Great job on getting it right guys, and good roll Darkan :).

-Sunday's "Into the Gorge" Module. Michelle and I worked very, very hard on that rep, and we're really excited to see it in the PCs hands.

- Post event Sunday's best compliment I have received from one of the older players. "This felt like Old Halloween. Please keep doing it."

So, overall, I had a really, really great time running all of this stuff for you guys , and I am looking forward to seeing the next step in this crazy halloween storyline. Thank you PCs for being on the crazy Haunted House Adventure ride that is my brain.

:)

-Ali

Holy Crap-in-a-hat! October's event was a blast. For me personally I almost wasn't able to/wasn't going to make it. But after a convo with Emily and Rich I went and WOW.
Before I list my favorites let me say this. It felt like I was in a movie at times. Seriously!! So theatrical and such awesome role-play. I can't say enough able the amazing jobs the npc's did or how fun I had being scared. Meeting and greeting new players and some of the "big kids" was fun too. Watching interactions about peoples who's names you may have picked up along the way was fun to watch to. But the writing for the weekend was primo! Kept you guessing, some great twists and turns. Ali you rule.

1. Not having the armor I did last time but still getting into the thick of it. And realizing how AWESOME the healers were. Seriously great job all. Wynter you are one of the best field medics EVAR

2. Meeting, spending time with and role-playing with Baron Drake and crew. Totally unexpected but was very fun and look forward to future rp and events.

3. Role-playing and fighting with Ithaca ( the maker of fine quality leather bracers.) Grim agreed with every damn thing that guy said. weird

4. Friday night's fight with undead...being made an undead while continuing count...5 seconds from death ftw.

5. the ever dwindling amount of life spells in town. A whole new kind of resource management hehe. Wow just scaring knowing every fight may be your last.

6. Being the first blacksmith to survive halloween maybe? tho if asked he was a "miner" until about 3 o'clock sunday

7. the "Irongob" storyline. Collin I love the stuff you run..seriously...Not only is Grim going to pour over the plans like a fiend but dont be suprised if he tries to adapt them..Definitely persuing this one over the rest of the year. Hopefully with the same crew.

8. Being shot in the back of the head...it gets you free beer. Friendly fire = alcohol.

9. Finally getting to rp with Grim and andros. For those two they seem to be eternally dodging each other. was really cool to hae a little rp time.

10. Rping with darken and meeting Izer.. um yeah Darken you are the man.

11. Baron Drake the pimp.... he needs some baby powder in keeping his bitch hand strong..( stop groping near dark elf crotches..seriously)

12. Meeting tons of new folks, from ang ( hehe i remember her bouncing when she fought that gnoll) to everyone else. was a real trip. Keep in touch and rp over downtime folks!

13. the wave battles especially the final one..never before have so many effects stacked on me.. and then to have ( i think) a vampire first aid me and keep me from bleeding out....weird..hope i didn't catch anything

14. Arachnophobia...well lets all say it... the last battle was scary as hell and equally as cool. I remember looking around as i was lifed and scrambling to my feet only to see half the town down... then scrambling to drag others to saftey... why is it i always got felled when i tried to pull Corwyn to safety...damn rangers attracting attention... must be the hair..

15. Sparticus is my hero.. " I got this wall" nuff said.

16. The Romani interaction..... wow. Um.. Grim's favorite soap opera.. "As the Rom's Jingle"

17. The lowbie modules and encounters were great, thank you plot for putting them in and thank you higher level players for letting us not so big folks roll on them. The Iron tower/Irongob one again was awesome.

18. Helping set up for the event and tear down. It's cool to first get amped up and help out as well as break things down and rub elbows ooc with the folks you met IC. I found that evidently a different set of glasses and a beard make me completely unrecognizable..

19. plugging my ears and humming eagle's songs in the back seat on the way to price chopper.

20. The people on staff who keep stuff running and keep the site maintained. The amount of time , money and love that go into it are epic. We know that balancing that plus your families and the rest of your lives has to be insane but we appreciate and love you all for it. thanks.

21. the class people have. one thing I respect is how people make sure that credit is given where it's due. Be it Mish's send off or indicating new work done on sight it's good to know that your peers appreciate what you do. love this game because of the people.

Thanks to any and all who came. i sincerely look forward to next season.

Back