October Event Thanks!

You guys did a great job this weekend! Like usual, I had a really great time! Im bummed out that this was the season closer but only because I wish I didnt have to wait so long before I got to attend another Traverse City weekend!

Here are my favorites of the weekend:

1.) Adjusting the Dragon Poker winnings of one Gypsy Ambassador and coming up with one of the greatest "on-the-fly" excuses why an hour of time cant be remembered.
2.) Werewolf Leadership Fight. Exactly what I wanted it to be and I was SO extremely happy with how it was handled. James, you ROCK! Thanks for a great fight!
3.) 3 of us Backpacking Lord Baron Garoth and watching him Evicerate the Dark Phoenix. Fantastic!
4.) The Sault St Marie peeps! You guys were awesome! Great costumes, for sure! I hope to see you guys again in Traverse City and possibly in South Michigan!

Next year wont come quick enough for me! Thanks again for a great event!

GJ

HOLY CRAP! This was my first LARP event, and I can't wait to come back! I can't begin to thank everyone enough. Everyone was great. I'd like to extend a special thanks to Sterling for keeping us newbs busy. And to the NPCs for taking it easy on us. Really I can't say it enough, Thank you all!

BJ (Robert Karstarke)

I was so happy to see new blood in the chapter and while I didnt get to interact all that much with the new guys I hope they had an awesome time.

I had alot of good moments over the weekend but they were all dwarfed by one. When Garoth was talking to Valdanis and we saw that the griffons were attacking the rest of the crew. I simply stated I could do some damage if I had a blade and Garoth smiled before handing me Dayfells Defender. Awesome moment. Its fun to play the bad guys but I was never a guy who enjoyed big cards, I usually love interaction I can get with the PCs. But a chance to play backup to the heroes...well that's rare and it is something that always feels special.

Oh and Idris going Freddy Kruger on me more than a few times over the weekend was nothing short of thrilling. He literally sent chills up my back when he killed the Phoelarc I was playing.

I had a great time and I hope you all did too. I can't wait for all the exciting things we have set up for next season.

ClavicusEVile said:
HOLY CRAP! This was my first LARP event, and I can't wait to come back! I can't begin to thank everyone enough. Everyone was great. I'd like to extend a special thanks to Sterling for keeping us newbs busy. And to the NPCs for taking it easy on us. Really I can't say it enough, Thank you all!

BJ (Robert Karstarke)

Thank you!!!! I hope you enjoyed all I tossed at you. :ninja: :hahaha: I really enjoyed all of you guys' company and you guys made my weekend. I am beyond excited that your planning on coming back!!! :thumbsup: :wub2:

-Sterling
(goblins rule!!!! :yes: :bat: )

Couple quick faves:

Meeting the Sault Crew

Arranging for amorphous creature humping in honor of Ashnar

Good Girls Gone Bad - AKA Cinderlich

Fairy Dust in a genie lamp and the look on Gwen's face

Random rifting...to the moon...to be stuck in a circle...with no else around except 2 of my arch nemesi

Trying to tell someone they have a problem...when part of the problem is they can't know about the problem ARG!

"My house blew up!"

All the lovely lady lovin!

And of course - The Elder Saytre - FayRon :twisted:

~Ahlana

**Edited to add more!**

My wife and I also had alot of fun! It was the best weekend/honeymoon ever! I mean we had alot of fun (Bj messing with the phoenix out the warded window) and I can say that not only did I reach my goal of becoming a member of the Celestial Mages Guild (petitioning but still a member) but I got to say I got to help kill a liche! (I even got a hit or two). I actually have a group that want to come to alliance with us next time!

also quick question, what time/ how long is the Market Day on the 5th? is it the same place? I have some people who want to come with us if its long enough to be worth the drive and I wanna crack out my stone elf stuff

I'm not positive on the exact time, but typically Day Faires start around noonish and continue into the wee hours (damn dragon poker)

This particular event is being held at Dave and Amy's home in Traverse City.

I believe exact time and address should be on the Alliance TC Homepage.

I know some out of towners finagle spending the night at a locals house.

Bev/Chris, I just checked the homepage...was going to edit above before posting...but I can't find the official times, and the location still says TBD. Could we get a post for the event with all pertinent info please? Thank you!

I had a ton of fun this event. The only thing that would have been better was if I could have avoided being sick.... I feel that the plot team is really starting to operate well together. Sterling, you really made a name for yourself as a runner this event! Bev and Derek, you are great role models for the new members who will be joining plot.

I want to add my personal favorites:

Diplomatic politics in the dragon poker circle.
Dark Elf culture coming to Horn's End.
Massive arrow fight.
Alabaster suddenly wanting land.
A gutted guinea pig.

And so much more....

Back