October Favorites

youthculture

Fighter
I think we've sort of been putting it off. I usually see this post up by the time I get home, but this event was -- well, traumatic, and I think every moment I have is bittersweet. But here's a few:

- The Deepest Secret mod. I think we all got uncomfortably close to each other with that.

- "Sevaria.. is Ria Taybris really like that?" "He has to be."

- Sevaria slowly turning into an alcoholic. I wish I was friggin' joking.

- Intense roleplay, all weekend. Conversations with Keely, Heresy, and Tova. Sir Wynn dumping a bottle of wine where Paladar died, and the resulting arguments in the Healer's Guild. Discussions of hope and the loss of it at the end of the weekend. Moments of complete immersion, even if they were solitary ones. Everything felt raw and real and that's why this event still leaves me somber.

- Nether. After spending twenty minutes hiding out in the woods away from the Legion of Legacy, the shard is conjured away the next morning. Seeing Nether in the flesh (again) and being consistently impressed by the way Stacey represents that character. After Ratallion acts like a Huge Douche, seeing Nether blow him apart was pretty incredible. It was a moment of awe when she handed that damn shard back to me. Man.

- Grimfang. You're a horrible person, Shane, lol.

- Moments of personal plot: Kainen and the snake kin, Paladar, Marcus, and Garuda, Deborah and her family.

- Occasionally, there are times when we are able to play things out perfectly as they might happen in a book or a movie. Seeing Sir Wynn stab Puriel into the earth and the portal opening behind us, the line of monsters in front of him; Kainen asking if Wynn was ordering us off the field. The slow pull back toward the portal and just watching, and all of us knowing. Wynn returning in spirit form and offering Puriel to Vrai. The whole thing was god-damn heart wrenching, and it was perfect.

I'll see you all in November, kicking *** and taking names.

got to agree with Kelsey, so much of this event's intensity was derived from the trauma. But that epic pain which it caused us all is ultimately what we all crave from a game. full immersion, the feeling that when all hell is breaking loose its is you who are there not just your character. This event for all its bad has brought me closer to my character and the characters around me then i have ever felt. Thank you shane, plot, npc's and every one who part took in the making of this weekend come alive.

some favorites,

Feeling like one of the main fighters in town and really holding my own. Surviving so many of the wave battles and ending up standing at the end, then helping lead the front in a number of fights. Trying to get the town to rally.

Working together with my team over and over again all weekend. Seekers, you guys rock.

Hanging out with Sun and Qiu Jin Wu. Watching Sun using a sword and effectively killing undead. I'm so proud of her.

Seeing the deep roll play between characters as the faced fears and regrets.

Despite resurrecting having its bittersweetness, having an awesome resurrection story and watching all that happened in the Healers guild leading up to it.
Your awesome Craig.. RP FTW!

Vry getting Squired and receiving Puriel. Watching that go down amongst the Tragedy and see a vision in my own minds Eye of a character coming into his own, like a right of passage. Coming out of pain and sorrow I saw a shimmer of hope born.

over all Phenomenal Event... Thanks guys

As allways, THANK YOU NPC'S AND STAFF. it was an awsome event. it was hard core and brutal and wonderfully written.

absoutly first has to be one of my favorites has to be sean metzler in that clown get up. omg, i had to leave for a second because i wasent really sure how to handle it.
oh, i just couldnt stop laughing at him, in that very tight clown suit, the hot pink cotton candy wig,the make up job on his face and his feet were red taped to look like big flapping clown shoes and he was talking like killer the buzzard from the bugs bunny cartoons. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKU53ihiK8[/youtube]
was near the funniest thing ever wehn i couldnt stop laughing he just stood infront of me with a huge smile on his face and it just made it worse :lol: . and then when some one wouldnt laugh hed be like "CLOWNS ARE FUNNY!!!!! RAWR!!!" and chase them with a bazillion arcane vampire charm's and arcane laughs. then he came back and just glare at everyone, "CLOWNS ARE FUNNY RIGHT?!" and we all said yes and forced a laugh so hed calm down.
joquin was like "you want the clown for sunderdragon?" and i was like "no i dont." rememebering my favorite show metalocalpse when toki liked dr. roxo the rock and roll clown that dose coccaine. and all the other members of the band had the clown beaten. anyway, then kai webbed him and as she went to finish the killing blow he went "get ready for the joke of a lifetime."and all i could think of was total recall when arnold is in the mars customs area and the head he was wearing gose "get ready for a surprise." and then blew up. sean came back a few moments later and he was a ghost and now he's haunting kai.
and i said to kai "you know what we could do is get jasper to get that trap thing and then we get him into ghost metal and make like a mallet out of the ghost metal."

some great times running around with sunderdragon i luv my house.

the red goblins in the tavern and avery going, healing arts- i search you was just great.
though exploding and loosing, all my coin, potions, a spell book i had jsut compleated friday night, scrolls, the ice wand i had made to be more effective against the pumpkins, extra staff i was keeping, and also my clothes sucked, it was also fun and it didnt bother my character in the slightest that she was naked.

seeing vry get squired and also handed puriel was awsome though having wynn perm was just horrible. it was weird cause i wanted to be sadder but my character had jsut met him friday. though it did really bother avalon cause she has witnessed 3 perm deaths in such a short time.

doing my first resurrection for surion
hanging with Qui Jun-wu and delaldur

kai exploding with candy and then people going, to kainen, joquin and avalon asking if we were eating the candy and we'd go nooooo, *crunch crunch crunch*

it was a really great event dispite the rain friday and saturday. sunday was just a beautiful day though, sun shining, some blue sky.
and i cant wait for the next nh one. i absolutly love the kingston site and i know its gonna be awsome.

thanks again staff and npc's and shane for writing the event.

I had sooo much fun this weekend. The best part about it was I had an empty tag ring by the end of the event.

-Being genuinely afraid. What was the final rez count? 11? And popping Melissa's rebirth and Craig's 2 rebirths.

-Running around in all of the wave battles and actually feeling useful, even when I ran out of healing.

-Sir Wynn's epic death, it couldn't have been better.

-Vry getting squired and Sir Wynn handing him puriel.

-Having Sir Wynn back and singing in the tavern.

-KC rezing, even tho it was overshadowed by Sir Wynn's permanent death. One of the fights in the tavern Tova turns to me and says "Did KC just fall? Nah he couldn't have. Wait yes he did he's on the ground, we need to run around now!" We were so shocked that he was on the ground.

-RPing with Tova and being the only one on the same wavelength as her :p

-Being around people I enjoy hanging out with.

See you all in November :)

the hook/set-up for the deepest darkest secrets mod was awesome

RP with vanguard outside NPC camp

getting to play an event and not have to worry(much) about logistics

(oh, and being granted unlimited power by all the elementals and Thelucians is cool too)

i'll post more when i come up with them

-Doug

Hoo boy, where to begin with this event?

- Goblin Shenanigans. Oh, those crazy lil' guys...

- getting to feel generally useful several times throughout the weekend, like being able to really heal people, silencing the pumpkin-ember and getting to tell the Justicar what happened last event. the last one was more "oh mah gosh, everyone's listening to me and not telling me to shut up," but I'll take my moments where I can.

- meeting Sir Wynn; it was awesome even just knowing him for a weekend.

- Mordikarr's first appearance. That mask plus those claws in the dark = scared hobling

- Avery in general.

- Doom Brigade RP. Any time they showed up was just intense.

- trying to finish first-aiding Thrak while seeing super-Ritalian get closer and closer to me. Suffice to say, I didn't finish it.

- Nether.

- Caillen losing more innocence to the Deadlands with every event.

- Sir Wynn's epic death. That gave me something to look up to in a huge way.

Thank you NPC's!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a great time this weekend. Prob my fav event of the year. Now in no particular order:

Seeing Shane smiling while running things.

2'ing things down- Sun + sword has 19 confirmed kills (not counting pcs taken down when bezerked)

Getting bezerked in the tavern, pausing for a second before I realized I actually have a weapon and can do something. Not just jumping on someones back like an idiot when bezerked and actually being able to do somethis is totally worth the 10 build.

On that note, being bezerked and confined by Deborth, then hearing the calls for a lifespell and Deborah saying how she had a lifespell on her. Just waiting for her to go outside to life the person so my confine can drop and I can go have more fun.

All things Vry. I love that character. After Wynn and his father permed, your reaction to all of that, then getting perial and the thought that it had C slayer in it and all that came out from that. Love ya Albert.

Surion and his father. Once Bill got so thrusty for Surion's blood Sun knew something was prob up. It was just a matter of finding a way to HA him. Finally part way through the battle, getting one off on him, getting a "no met" and then calling for everyone to attack him. Surion had no idea why we all interfeared. Great rp after that in the cabin.

In general all the nightmare puppets were great. Perm dead friends coming back, alive friends coming back and perming (Deborah's reaction to Medb perming and then Sun cutting her open to see if she was a puppet), etc. I love stuff that screws with our minds.

Deborah and Sun making a good team. Who would have thunk it.

"You know, you're lucky you never left me alone because as soon as you did, I was going to kill myself." "Why do you think I didnt leave your side? Did you think I was just here to protect you from them? I'm protecting you from yourself too."

Being told by shane that sun falls asleep. Then hearing Sean as the clowing yelling "Clowns are funny" and thinking, I am so glad I'm asleep during this.

The Vessel. That was effing cool.

Talk about the Pure Lords.

I know there were more, but I'm still out of it. Till next time!

I can't believe I am the first to say it, but it has to be said - GLORIOUS RED!!!!! I love you Jaimi :D

Sleep now, more favorites tomorrow.

This was a crazy event, so I'll start tonight and post what I can...

First off: Thank you to Mr. Shane White for writing and running a wonderful event. It brought back a taste of "classic"... The teaser alone had me nervous, which doesn't happen very often.

Pumpkin Ritual intro, and subsequent fight. How it went really set the tone for the weekend.

Realizing that the child and mother needed to permanently sacrifice themselves at the end of the event. "Surgically Delivering" the Ogre child.

Wynn's perming. Effected me more then I thought it would and in different ways. To be on the Heels of Gormegil makes this October a month I won't soon forget. Avalon's words of encouragement.

Tim's Gypsy. I picked up on a few subtle points Sunday Night that Keely was too tired to catch. I felt no pity for the burden he was now bearing.

My small speech Sunday to a few people about how all the deaths must stand as a testament to why we never should deal with Dark Forces. I found the most interesting moral to this story.

Caillen. I really like that hobling. Though I had a few moments where I felt like an annoyed teacher. "Can anybody who's performed a resurrection before help"... and "Caillen put your hand down" are two great statements.

Sun and I trading zingers. Despite the first one being stronger, I still prefered the one stating that the fact that Saurian's father had no metabolism was NOT a dead give away to him being a pumpkin, as he'd probably be reversed anyways.

I've given quite a few resurrection stories this year, but Avian and Saurian's are some of my best work. Thank you for letting me add to part of your story.

Getting tortured in the Guild just before starting Avian's resurrection. For the record, I didn't pass out, I just didn't think an arm broken in two places could properly manifest aura. Thank you Bill for letting me get my 3 second petrification scream in.

Tova dying in my arms.

Being too silly at times. Such as being the Catalyst to Avery receiving quite a surprise from Fayien.

Talks with Joquain about the book that is now open.

Avery's card trick... AMAZING.

Deciding on Sword over Staff and beginning my IG training. Sparring with Albert/Vry with Saurian observing and giving pointers. My favorite one: "Most people who are just learning how to use a sword have trouble keeping their elbows from sticking out.... you - don't seem to have that problem" Stated as I'm doing quite well going against Vry as One Sword Guy vs. His spear / short sword.

Delaulder, archery guy.

Doing flying life leaps and backwards somersaults Sunday.

Me: Tova, want to come discuss Planer Theory?... Tova: What's that? Me: Nevermind.

During the negotiations I was relatively quiet. However, I did have 2 good conversations with both Lauren and Bill regarding the merits of balance and planar building.

And finally. Getting to use Rebirth again. Not exactly something you want to do, but it was still fun. Yes, I had 2 rebirths. But I only needed to use 1. :)

There may be more tomorrow ...

Craig

aka Qiu Jun-Wu if I do something right... or Pantzike if I'm messing something up

Doug, I almost peed my pants trying not to laugh during that whole thing. And it's Tri-uh-*funny noise*-*cough* of Everything, you have to use the correct pronunciation.

I <3 Jaimi.

Avery announcing to the town that if he were to rez, he wanted me, a spectral goblin, to perform it.

The look on Keely's face when she realized whose mother I was. I kept saying things about my boy, but no one put the pieces together before that.

Malwoken fight... I love using Dragon's breaths to pop resists so the flame blasts can get through! I've never incanted so fast or so rapidly from spell to spell in my life, it was awesome!

Going back in as Neyra with Bill, so that planar theory and balance and how to safely increase the size and power of First Forest without inadvertently destroying it in the process could be discussed.

Subjugating Sean's golem in the cave fight. That was a bit of a mistake on my part, the benny isn't supposed to catch the bad guy, but by the time I realized I told Sean to kill Mike, they were gone. Sean brought Mike back to me, and I'm standing there with them while everyone's going "Where did the human guy go? We have to find him!"

Watching from a distance as Vry got Puriel, then got squired to the Justicar, I can't wait to see how Vry will grow in the next year as a result of all this.

can't wait for November!

Back