October Favorites

jwconvery

Spellsword
I know I said a lot of this in person but I want to put it in the permanent record.

October was an amazing event. Start to finish, NPC's and PC's alike, the pace, scaling, plot everything really hit the mark for me.

I'll try to hit a few higlights.
Negoitating with Prince Tam, was fantastic. A great RP moment scene. It was nice to be able to successfully(-ish) outright lie to the NPC even though Matt knew I was, he made the Prince try to figure it out on his own. Top 5 larp-related moments I have been a part of.
The next night, brokering the exchange with Silverfang and the Prince. I felt real tension in the air, it was very cool.
The whole event was filled with NPC's that the town, and myself even with just a little contact with them, felt emotions about. The hate of the Duke/King Edric, the frustration with the jester. The nobility you didn't want to let down, and when they said 'good job' you felt it, the fey that.... well screw the fey, stupid Unseely court and their tombstones. :D The costuming overal was fantastic, really helps immerse the players. The nobles looked like nobles. Someone walks into the tavern in a full corset dress you take notice, 'wait who's that? oh yeah, the Duchess'
Every 'talking' npc had their own personality, Matt I don't know how you don't have some form of personality disorder yet, you switch hats way too fast. Rob you managed to make the jester, the duke, the addict and that damn fey all individuals without having to go over the top.
One note on the combat side of things. Friday's zombie hoarde was pretty sweet. 10 body swinging twos, really starts to wear you down when the zombies truly out-number you. Retreiving the baby dragon, was a cool use of the elemental game. Which goes hand in hand with the whole weekend, plot let the players figure things out or do them their own way. Using the elemental game really simplified our goal, and Matt just rolled with it. (Although that door was interesting, heh I couldn't even make it one full logisitcs period as an Earth caster /sigh) To be honest I was a little worried you guys were going to be too hesitant to 'pull the trigger' on that final lich fight. I will never doubt again.

A few other things:
The whole chapter felt very welcoming to me both IG and OOG. If you haven't traveled up to Traverse, put in on your calender, it's worth the drive.
Paying for food with only IG money. I don't know how you guys do it, but it's sweet. And it's good food too.
Bringing a marked deck to dragon poker: ballsie my friend Seamus. Very ballsie
Bev/The lich breaking her chaos storm to kill/create me.
I have been up to Traverse a few times before this on a Somi invasion, but this event I could really sit back and look at the world. Horn's End has a lot going on that you can get involved in.
The Economics package needs to become standardized and submitted to the other Owners. That is a very cool little system, and if I had brough more gold with me I would have invested it all. I'm excited for Idris to have an IG home.
I was up there for one weekend, and I have 3-4 IG reasons to be back. whether it's plot I got roped into, or IG friends I made. I hope to see you all next season.

To Matt, Bev, Rob, Mike, the NPC hoarde, and all the PC's: thank you.

-Joe

In no order...

Getting to play Tobie again! Bot enough sweeties for Tobie though!
Silver Fang and Tam RP - PCs standing between a Vampire Lord and Lycan Alpha, "You all should go, I must return to my people." Silver Fang turns to Tam, "This means little, but will provide some level of satisfaction."
So many NPCs!
The doom factor Saturday night, I wasent sure if the PCs were going to make it. Truly a very close call.
The fall back fortress, still wondering if the PCs liked it.

Thank you to everyone for making this a memorable event!

Arkade said:
The doom factor Saturday night, I wasent sure if the PCs were going to make it. Truly a very close call.

heh, I forgot about silverfang almost rolling me 3-4 times during that. I knew I had too much black in my costume.

jwconvery said:
Arkade said:

heh, I forgot about silverfang almost rolling me 3-4 times during that. I knew I had too much black in my costume.

It felt like every 2-3min in the middle fo the fight you were going "Its me! Its me!", and Im like "20 Sil... ohh, its you!" I droped the nightelf guy once, and Silvarah hit me with some spells... Crazy fight!

I had a blast this event. I want to thank everyone who came for helping make that happen. Just some of my favorites are:

Teaching Silvara how to "juggle"
Fey tombstones, and an impromptu scavenger hunt.
Telling the good fey to put their friend's names on the tombstone. (Sorry Idris)
King Edric and the battle with TadRon.
Finding out how Daefel plays politics :(
Coming in as a "potion addict"
Getting camped as a primarily RP character in the middle of a liche battle.
Instructions for "Liche in a box" lol
Watching the "City of Night" come to a climatic close.
Most of all just seeing so many people and getting to call them friends out of game. You truly make the game what it is.

In no particular order:

"It's my liche in a box!" :lol:

Scavenger hung with the evil fae and Silvara! Hiding some of them so well that they have yet to be recovered! :eek:

The city of night battle started pretty fun....>_>

The Insult Comic Dragon! I can't remember last time I laughed so hard. You're awesome, Matt!

Games with fellow NPCs in between mods.

Arcane love time with fae!

All in all, I had a good time and thank you everyone. Amy for the grub, Amanda for helping poor colorblind folk like me not look ridiculous, and everyone else that made the event just good times! ^_^

By the way...I took some pictures, but left my stupid camera. Did anyone pick it up?

~Jesse

Rezzik (NWC) said:
I had a blast this event. I want to thank everyone who came for helping make that happen. Just some of my favorites are:

Teaching Silvara how to "juggle"

Hehehe
So evil! One of my favs.
I have to many to put down here. Thanks for a fantastic weekend!
Also a so very special thank you to Rob O. for making me giggle when I needed it more than anything else this weekend, :oops: Thank you. ;)

-Sterling A.

Back