Odd Potion/Elixir containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
Assuming they meet the 1 oz. / 30 ml available liquid space container rule, could I make elixir "bon bons", a chocolate shell with say an intoxicate elixir inside? To be clear, I'm not saying mixing an elixir with the food, but rather that the physrep is the hollow or liquid filled chocolate candy shell?

Was planning on wrapping them and tagging the inside of the wrapper (as the tag doesn't have to "show"). Would that qualify?

Upvote 0
Was planning on wrapping them and tagging the inside of the wrapper (as the tag doesn't have to "show"). Would that qualify?
A tagged phys-rep needs to be visibly tagged, for various reasons (such as whether or not the item needs to be returned to the owner if stolen).

Weapon/shield tags need to be visibly tagged, I don't see why your potions would be any different.

Upvote 0
I would definitely say they need to be tagged on the outside - if for no other reason so people roguing your cabin don't pass over them thinking "I wanna steal this guy's stuff, but stealing chocolate would just be mean."

- Chicago Rules Marshal

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*laughs at that* Point made.

Upvote 0
I would be worried about potential confusion amongst players with regard to it being a food item and using said food item in conjunction with a beneficial affect, which is explicitly disallowed. I'd also be worried about the fact that you could basically be putting a Potion inside a food item, which again, is explicitly disallowed; you'd also be circumventing needing Alchemy to do these things - which is needed to put elixirs and other "goodies" into food items.

I would be more okay with it if these chocolates were shaped like an actual container, which you could put a tag into and or pull a tag out of, but even then I'd probably want to see it first and get another marshal's opinion. At the very least, I'd want the character to have potion making and some form of craftsman or two for doing so.

-OR/SEA Marshal

Upvote 0
Adam's point is pretty legitimate. Ultimately:

Potions need to obviously be potions. So anyone picking up a Chocolate Potion needs to be -instantly- aware that it's not your run-of-the-mill chocolate. Maybe they can't identify it, but they -do- know it's not "just" chocolate. Soo...

You know, having a wrapper that is -also- a tag might be the best way to rectify this. I'd argue you aren't bypassing Alchemy (you aren't disguising it), you're not really poisoning food, you're using food as a container. But

1) if you get looted, you should make the looter know that they're also finding chocolate vials on your person.

2) make sure your marshal notes have an extra indicator of these items, so the Rogue Marshal handling it can educate the rogues that your chocolates are also vials.

So I don't think you'd be breaking the RAI, but because you're using an unusual container, I'd recommend you take extra steps to ensure that your vials are recognizable as vials.

OR/Seattle Marshal

Upvote 0
Well... I do plan on taking 20 levels of craftsman: chocolatier, and you both make good points. Making the wrapper very explicit is the best way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back