Official 2.0 start date and race change info

I am going to change the tone of this thread.

Thank you so much for all of the hard work that you all have put in and I really appreciate it! I have been really humbled to have been involved in the little ways that I have, but that has only given me a greater understanding of the depths some of these volunteers have gone to to get this done. It has been an insane task, and our game is really going to be in a better place because of all of the love and passion you have put into it! Can't wait to see the official book come out, really love the Race Change option, dig the efforts and near-divine work done to make the CMA, and all of that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

What is everyone's FAVORITE new 2.0 rule? Runner up?

I have to give #1 to Flexible Casting. As a player of a big column scholar it is just....life changing. Runner up is really really hard for me. I think I have to give it to Meditate. What a game changing skill, and a real door opener for low level scholars. Like, HUGE!

Ok, I have to give a third. It is Repel Strike. The shenanigans and sweet plays that this ability allows is SOOOOO cool.

I'm actually a big fan of the change to the basic framework of how "upper tier" abilities are accessed. It's created a really flexible character creation and growth process. I'm really looking forward to seeing more character skill diversity over the 1.3 cookie cutter builds.

Meditate is far and away my favorite change. #2 would probably be the Magic Item changes.

Options for fighters and rogues!

Surprise Attack is by far my favorite skill add. I think it's a super fun skill (even if it isn't always the most useful)

Magic Item changes that follow the spell parry model ie Counterspell, Retribution, Trap Avoidance, are all A+ in my book too.

I like the magic item changes a good bit. I also like the changes to how prerequisites work, because it makes for vastly more varied builds. I like how the prof/backstab changes combined with the magic item changes have made the game much more new player friendly - even as I wish we did more.

Back