ogres and orcs in the summer

Dom

Scout
I was curious what most people do for yellow and green skin in the summer. Or any of the high makeup races for that matter.

Thin, long sleeve, summer grade under-armour that is yellow or green (or a knock off brand). That is what I do for my orc.

You can always paint yourself, but goodness that's an annoying surface area to cover.

I'm looking to get a leotard piece with a mock turtle neck and have it painted up. As this is a rather involved process, for now, I just paint my arms.

SkollWolfrun said:
Inaryn said:
I'm looking to get a leotard piece with a mock turtle neck and have it painted up. As this is a rather involved process, for now, I just paint my arms.

http://www.theleotard.com/bodywear/unit ... s_main.htm

White then dye it.
Or search for a catsuit in the color you want.

Thanks, but I have a link saved. I'm actually looking to get one with crotch snaps to make bathroom trips easier. :p

Also, It will totally have to be hand painted, because leopard print is easy to find... but no one does jaguar.

Inaryn said:
SkollWolfrun said:
Inaryn said:

http://www.theleotard.com/bodywear/unit ... s_main.htm

White then dye it.
Or search for a catsuit in the color you want.

Thanks, but I have a link saved. I'm actually looking to get one with crotch snaps to make bathroom trips easier. :p

Also, It will totally have to be hand painted, because leopard print is easy to find... but no one does jaguar.

Yeah, the more squarish blocks would be a bit harder to find.

I've definitely done body paint from the waist up in hot Pennsylvania summer.

...I would recommend Under Armor Heat gear.

-Ali

Yea I checked and was able to find a yellow heat gear shirt today, All they had was the winter gear in yellow at the time that I got it so I assumed they didn't make the heat gear in yellow.

Underarmour makes their basic designs for both Heat and Cold in a lot of colors because teams from the pros down to little league want layers that will match their uniforms (yes they have green and yellow).

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/s ... lsdGVy|670

You likely won't find all the fancy things like the fleeces or hoodies or whatnot in all those colors though.

The awesome part of using underarmor for your "skin" is that you can paint warpaint/tattoos on it that you might not want to put on your actual skin (and it prevents you from having to do it every weekend as well so you can be more elaborate).

Stephen

I play a dark elf any time of the year. During the summer I have suuuuper long arm length gloves that I make by sewing knee soxs with the toes cut off of onto formal wear black gloves. This covers my whole arms and hands so that they are black, and then I just wear a shirt and pants while painting my entire head. It can be hot, but a light t-shirt and the breathable arm gloves go a long way to making it bearable.

For a high orc or ogre finding light yellow or green gloves and knee soxs would probably be harder though. :wacko:

Back