Ohio Chapter

RP_Wolf

I’m putting my opinion out there for everyone. Ohio is one of the greatest chapters I’ve ever played. The staff is amazing. The food is great. Everyone pitches-in and gets along. Decisions are fair and the staff really care about the players’ experience. The stories and plot are excellent, the encounters tickle the mind and REALLY make you involve yourself. The costumes and props (masks especially!) are incredible. Everyone can really come-together, be included, and have fun here; how many events have I come back from sore with laughter? Best of all, if you work hard, send-in write-ups, be proactive and dedicate yourself to a mission/search/etc. you will make gains and be rewarded. That’s what I like, I know that the effort I put into my character will eventually pay-off. I know that if I set a goal I will be given the opportunity to reach it. That’s possible because of the people who run Ohio. Never am I felt left-out, left-behind, or ignored. Everyone has an equal chance, and that makes this chapter all the better. This is the only chapter I’ve played for a while and the one I was satisfied to play for many years to come, not only for the reasons I above described, but also that it isn’t an unreasonable drive to get there. I don’t know that I will want to play any other chapters, or even Alliance anymore, if Ohio and all its members are not a part of the experience. By taking away Ohio all of this is lost and many, many players are now being denied. Alliance, once NERO, started out as so much more than this. What happened to caring about the players? I feel this has become lacking in may chapters these past few years. To conclude, I want to play Ohio, I will be very upset if I can no longer play Ohio and I may very well not be able to bring myself to play Alliance again. And I am just one player. Ohio is where my heart will stay.

Your opinion of what's currently going on with the Ohio chapter is appreciated, and while there may be a more appropriate place to discuss this (like the Ohio forum), I'm opting to leave the thread open, pending further posts.

If this becomes a thread of anger, accusations, flames and argumentative back-and-forth, it will be moderated appropriately.

A game can be great for it's players but still end up doing something wrong. Since they're in arbitration, we have no idea what that could be...but it'll probably come out after they figure out what's going on. I'm sure whatever the reason is, it has little or nothing to do with the quality of play there. You don't yoink a franchise over "Hey, they're having too much fun!" :funny:

As you have said:
RP_Wolf said:
This is the only chapter I’ve played for a while.
So I don't think it is fair to make a blanket statement about the whole alliance not caring about it's players.

That being said, if Seattle or Oregon shut down, I would be heartbroken so believe me you have a sympathetic ear. But no one knows what's going on behind the scenes. You must understand that there has been a contract violation. I know it's not an attempt to mess with the player base. I hope everything turns out well for all the Ohio players. Best of luck!

RP_Wolf, have you tried talking to the Ohio Owner or the Gm or Members of the Staff. I can understand you concerns but there is not much that the other Players can do or say about this as most of us dont know much of the reasons either.

It is only my opinion, yes. I may be biased, yes; I do spend the most time in Ohio, which is why I feel so strongly about what a good example of Alliance they are. I still believe that Alliance, once NERO, has changed in recent years. Yes I know that change happens, but not all changes are good. As for whatever they may or may not have done wrong, I've certainly not witnessed any sort of violations. I don't want to bother the staff at this time, as they're most likely busy with this, but I wanted people to maybe think a little. What did we used to love about it? What bothers us now? What can we do about it. I don't want to see the game wither and disappear one chapter at a time, with bad feelings between players and staff between 'our chapter' and 'your chapter.' I don't want to see players lose because someone pointed a finger and said 'Those guys are cheating.' We're so close, brought together by our joy in playing this game, that we should be above and beyond that, reconcile, and repair and go on.

The Arbitration may do exactly that...we may be able to work out a "fix" for whatever was claimed and then move on with minimal effects on the players beyond what has already occurred.

Many people seem to think that this is already decided, but that is far from accurate...the purpose of Arbitration is for one side to bring their complaints/accusations and for the other to bring their explanations/reasonings to a neutral third party who then sits down with them and helps them sort through things in a logical and amicable fashion. It could be a simple misunderstanding which will then be resolved and the Ohio chapter can get back to running their game just as they always have.

Please don't assume the worst just yet. And even if they do shut down the current incarnation of this chapter, there seem to be some highly passionate players who could always pool together their resources to start up a new chapter later on...it would probably take a whole lot of convincing to get approval, but it certainly could be done.

Very true. There were multiple attempts (and splitoffs) before Alliance ended up with the NJ chapter we know and love nowadays, dating back over two decades.

But the important thing is that this is being discussed in a reasonable manner between Mike V and the Ohio owners with someone whose entire purpose is to resolve it in a fair method. Let that happen, and the drama poisoning is minimal.

I as many, do not know what the issues are with Ohio and what is currently being worked out. But even if worse case plays out and curent owner of that chapter is not allowed to run the game it does not mean that anyone else can not step up to bat and open a new chapter with permission. *fingers crossed for you Ohio players that all will be descided soon.* But remember there are plenty of great people willing to take over and move foward with the game so that everyone can enjoy the thing they love.

Sooo...About things being resolved fairly and getting the problems fixed...There goes THAT wistful thinking! I'm behind Webb though, as per my posting under that discussion. All this politicking reminds me far too much of the White Wolf World of Darkness; we've become the Camarilla. And it stinks.

I'm not sure I'd want to play a game run by the Sabat. :p

Back