Olothen Update Jan 322

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Greetings,

A representative from Olothen Empire named KiKi(an Oni) will be arriving Saturday morning to make negotiations with the Adventurers. This is a ruse. She is gathering intel for Fredericks attack on the town hours later.

I will not be there Saturday morning and early afternoon as I will be having a private talk with The Great Leader. If there is something I should bring up, please let me know.

For Frederick:
He is reverse life forced. So use all the Earth blades, healing auras and spells you can.
He has roughly 6 regeneration charges left.
If he gains enough speed in a charge he can shatter your spirit.
He is very durable, a lot of natural armor/hide—however given his RLF this means very little to those with Earthen damage means.

Im sure he will not be anywhere the threat he once was given his new and numerous weaknesses placed upon him.

Binks

Captain Binks,

I appreciate the danger of your situation and applaud your leadership and bravery.

Do you think Great Leader is at all open to negotiation, logic, honest commerce, and peace; or is he lost to such sympathies? If not, are there others in Great Leader's orbit or inner circle who would be open to more constructive, balanced relations between our nations? I understand he exerts immense psychic pressure on his people, is there any way to shield or shift that burden from some of his more amenable subjects?

The University is committed to establishing balance between all sentience, but understands that some minds are fully bent on destruction and lost to civilization. What aide do you require in your aim to protect Wayside as well as those people currently yoked in servitude in the Olothen Empire?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademer University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

The Great Leader has one focus, one drive, one dream, and that is to conquer the world and bring all under his rule. There is no partnership, no peace until they are defeated.

There are two Generals left and then myself. Vorg and Frederick. Frederick will fall in 2 days time to us. Vorg is being handled by his students.

Once the Great Leader is defeated, I know there will be peace and trade between the nations. I have started down that path behind the scenes and I'm sure the world will be better for it.

The best thing truly, is to take out the Great Leader. When and where that'll take place I hope to find out this market. I have never been alone with The Great Leader, only while others are present. I'll be sure to share Saturday night.

-Binks

Captain Binks,

It is indeed sad when a mind and spirit is so warped no amount of effort can set them true. His disorder brings ruin and imbalance to his people, and I mourn their plight. However, if you see no alternative, so be it.

Are the General Frederick and Warmaster Vorg similarly lost to reason and hope? Will they too need to be sent to the Graveyard to serve eternity for their imbalance in the worlds beyond; or can their Spirits and minds still be salvaged?

If Great Leader is to be toppled, what of his empire? Are there elements within his government who, once freed from his control, will step up and balance the land? I have seen all too often--even more recently--the disaster wrought by power vacuums. I understand that Sir Rusty has a deft hand when guiding political mechanisms; so too Guildmaster Firebrand and Master Thaddeus are adept when nations hang in the balance. Is there anything to be done?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

They are compelled and enslaved to the Great Leader. While that lust for conquest is there, there isn't hope for reason, at least for Frederick.

The Great Leader is much like Hook, they needed to be put down. Simple enough.

You are free to speak with Frederick or Kiki should you choose, perhaps your voice can be the reason they need.

-Binks

Captain Binks,

I fully respect your rhetorical and observational skills. If you feel General Frederick cannot be swayed by words and logic alone; I believe it.

I suggest a different tactic.

If General Frederick is overwhelmed by adventuring force, would you forestall his execution until powerful mental forces are brought to bear against his mental shackles? We often slay enemies at our feet, but perhaps a measure of mercy might open avenues of balance.

Captain Seablade is a powerful mentalist as is Duke Madison Kain; others of stone elf or biata heritage can also aid the cause. They might, in concert and focus, bring the General to his proper senses; or, at the least, give him some modicum of respite and us some measure of field intelligence.

As you will be leading this mission, are you willing to support this endeavour? If not for the sake of his Spirit, than for the military advantage his mind might reveal?

The University can seek allies and marshal resources; but will only do so by your leave.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

Do as you feel is needed. I will not be there when he attacks. If you can get enough mental intrusion to override The Great Leaders, then it's worth a chance. Though I imagine if that was an easy option we would of done that with Vorg.

-Binks

Update:

Frederick Minotauros is slain, but in his death during a Spirit Farewell he provided further insight into the Olothen Empire.

It started with him and his friend joining together in a hunt. His friend, The Great Leader, a cyclops and him discovered a One-Eyed Boar of purple color. The boar was smarter than most, and had a hivemind between the other boars. Upon completing the hunt and drinking it's blood the two became connected. This continued for many years and soon each member of the Olothen Empire drank this blood. The boars are located near a Fjord in one of their southern ports. My crew and I discovered this location 3 years ago. There are currently 12 boars penned that are used for keeping the connection. Once all 12 boars are killed The Great Leaders hold over the army mentally will end.

This will free Vorg.

Ignathis has volunteered to lead a group to take out the boars. I can point the way. Expect this to be the first act come Spring. It only requires a handful of people to get in, get out.

The Great Leader has tasked me to lead his fleet to attack Terna. He will be riding multiple ships, one limb per. He will be in his heavy armor. At this point, you all may arrive upon ships to begin the assault on him. If we focus on the Great Leader, perhaps the other nations can focus on the fleet.

This will be the end of the war. While The Great Leader won't have mental control, half the army is likely to follow him due to his strength alone.

Let's end this and achieve an actual time period of unified peace in Prademar.

- BInks

Binks,
Do we plan to kill these boars first before the Great Leader arrives on our shores?

Count me in for killing these boars.

-Go with Pride
-Aspiring Thane Nyio

Yes.

Plan is to kill the boars. Then either that same market or next kill The Great Leader.

Binks

Binks,
Do we plan to kill these boars first before the Great Leader arrives on our shores?

Count me in for killing these boars.

-Go with Pride
-Aspiring Thane Nyio
I will add your name to my list of volunteers.

Ignathis

The defeat of General Frederick is indeed a success for King Grimlocke's war effort. It was very kind of you to pursue a Spirit Farewell as it hopefully gave the General an opportunity to tell his story free from mental coercion. You have done well orchestrating this achievement, Captain Binks.

Do you have any more information about the purple swine? Are they the last members of an near extinct race? Mutations? Magical hybrids of some sort? Stewarded by a powerful creature which might take umbrage at their slaughter? Study of these animals may offer more benefit than their extermination. While concluding Olothen war is paramount, I have concerns over an effort predicated upon slaughtering a creature that appears to be largely unique and possibly, based on the powerful properties of its blood, sapient. The University is willing to invest resources into pursuing these details if you have any leads, and would welcome any collaboration from other guilds, groups, or individuals.

At best, it may be possible to disrupt their ability to extend the connection between The Great Leader and his generals without killing them. That threat alone might be enough to bring the Olothen to the table for peace negotiations. I would hope to explore as many non-violent solutions as possible.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

Last edited:
Dramthin,

Considering the importance of this and the amount of lives previously lost and expected should this fail, I politely and respectfully will not reveal the location of these boars to you.

They are boars.

If there is any hint or tip that the location may be compromised, then there goes a big chance.

Binks

Captain Binks,

It is certainly your intelligence to dispense as you wish; or, as I would assume you are in communication with nobility, as the King wishes. If the Crown feels that research provides no further benefit, so be it.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

Back