On recent events.

Lurin

Duke
I doubt anyone is surprised that I would make a call into the dreamscape over the events of this last market day, I wish I had been able to speak sooner, but there were many things I needed to look up and verify as I am not one to speak out of turn.

Clearly the ritual casting is the error most may hold against me, and I freely admit I made an error, I have never claimed to be a perfect man, although some might claim my mannerisms suggest that I think such is the case at times. I have learned much in my time at Wayside, and it has always been my desire to do good with those resources that I earn by my efforts, this last market day was my first direct attempt to create an item to serve the town's good. Both the scroll and components were purchased from my personal purse, with thanks to Milosh to covering half of the cost of the scroll. The components came from my own meager stockpile, all traded and paid for at fair market value to gather, and the item to be enchant was made by a local silver smith for no small amount of coin. My goal, was to create an item to be given to young adventurers during their time in our lands to help shelter them from the costs of adventuring at least a small amount, at least at this we succeed and did so beyond our expectations, the item made will be past along as planned to those who can use it at the start of each day, and it's my hope the lives it will save will perhaps shelter those in need from future mistakes that may be made, regardless of who makes them.

Unfortunately this was not all that happened from the casting of the ritual, shortly before the casting a figure that was unknown to me was walking through town, talking with a number of people pleasantly, as many of you knew then, and as I know now, this creature is known as the Shoaggah, he offered a simple deal, and feeling overly secure with so many friends around me I made a grave mistake of allowing him to allow Bob to add his power to mind for the casting. After the event i have received a number of reports that I had met the Shoaggah in the past, let me make this clear, I was unaware of the Shoaggah, I had never met nor heard of the creature, however to have a number of people are under the assumption that I knew of this creature made me wonder why that would be so, here is the best I have been able to figure, based on my research. The only recorded event of the Shoaggah being in town before this last marketday was last year, during the market day that took place from October the 1st until October the 3rd. Stories from that time indicate that the Shoaggah was indeed in town, something to do with a disagreement with another fey of some stripe, and was making deals with anyone that died for their lives back. This is where I believe the confusion is, my records indicate, and records both locally and abroad have me traveling at this time, which relieves me a great deal to know this was not a case of my mind being tampered with.

Ultimately I should have been more careful about accepting help from a stranger, all I can say is I was far to at ease with so many around that I was not as vigilant as I should be and I apologize. I know Bob has mentioned he felt something off about the casting, if he had mentioned such a feeling I would have stopped immediately, however due to the nature of the casting and the extra power we were trying to imbue it with using the new techniques I cannot blame him for not noticing. While both I and Bob had time to study the scroll, and Lycanthrope was one of the risks, neither of us had any idea anyone had become infected, indeed for such a thing to happen the ritual should have backlashed and I am still at a loss as to exactly what allowed the taint to sneak in, not two mention the two flaws I suffered as well that market day which have happily expired.

Moving forward I am of course going to make the removal of the taint my first priority, To this end I would like to talk with anyone that is familiar with the limpet pool of time and how it functions, I may also be making a trip to the pool we found previously while helping the Wylderkin cleanse their talismans. I have been talking to Grimclaw and he confirms that simply using a ritual magic scroll will not work at this point, indeed I doubt it would have ever worked in my case since I was the focus of the ritual and my infection was like to be much closer to the strength of a bite infection. As it is my understanding is that a destroy formal magic will work in most cases, but only within 24 hours, except those involving a direct bite, so we must find another way to resolve the outstanding bites.

If you have managed to listen to this dream thus far, you already have my thanks, moving forward I am looking for help with a few things.

First, if you mistakenly believed I knew the Shoaggah, I urge you to step forward and recognize that I was not at the only market day the Shoaggah attended before, I have only one thing to trade and that is my integrity. I hold no ire against those that were mistaken I am usually in town and do my best to stay informed of events when I am not there, thus it would stand to reason that people expected I had knowledge before.

Secondly, if you know of someone that was injured during this unfortunate event, please let me know as I will do my best to restore broken weapons and provide for healing potions to the town as best as I can, I will be reaching out to Saeazaka as well to ensure he is healed and hopefully provide for a large number of curatives.

Finally as I mentioned before I have only a limited idea of how to cure this taint, I will be reaching out to those I know that might have insight into this matter to find alternative methods of curing people. If anyone has an idea, or information on the Limpet Pool of Time, I would appreciate your time to discuss this matter.

Back