On Travel to Sedovia

Sheakhan

Adept
Greetings,

I am considering venturing travel to your lands, however I have some apprehension regarding the degree of civility I might face, as well as lodging and the particulars of law, society, and the current state of affairs in the lands in question.

If any receiving this dreaming are so inclined, I would appreciate a primer of sorts prior to making the journey.
I would not wish to walk headlong into the unknown without a firm grip on circumstance and, if need be, my blade.

-Roann Flynt

Hello Roann,

I am Kel, from an area off the coast of Sedovia called Rendezvous. Sedovia is a land of bureaucracy and paperwork. As long as you don't mind that, they don't mind you, or at least they haven't so far. I don't really know what's going on myself, other than there's a woman going around with a key summoning all sorts of elementals for reasons I don't know. There's some sort of portal archway near the port town of Foxbridge. So far the people I've met have been civil, although there is a group of biata that are particularly upset over something someone did while not under their own recognizance. You seem wary, and that means there is some sort of interesting story. If you'd like to bend my ear through the dreaming I'd be more than happy to listen. As is, I would not be able to meet up with you in person at Foxbridge until the beginning of November due to my travels through this new land.

-Kel

Kel,

I certainly don't object to establishing such contacts, as they are likely to be of use should I make this trip.
Can you direct me to someone with more knowledge of current events, or send them after me?

I am more than able to wade through bureaucracy and paperwork as necessary, they certainly appeal to me more than some alternatives.
-Roann

I am Ambassador Northwind,

I have been tasked by my king to make sure relations between adventurers and the Sedovians goes well. I have eyes and ears everywhere and I have heard of the atrocious acts you've commited. Understand, I am not nearly as lenient. If you bring harm to my people I will end you. You need only ask of my reputation.

-Ambassidor Alcandar Northwind
Death Shaman of the Bittersong Meadows
Leader of the Legion of the Sun

Ambassador,

Consider your warning noted. I have no such intentions, and will endeavor to seek more civilized means of acquiring any knowledge I may seek in the interests of peaceful interaction and remaining attached to my extremities.

-Roann

Ambassador,

Consider your warning noted. I have no such intentions, and will endeavor to seek more civilized means of acquiring any knowledge I may seek in the interests of peaceful interaction and remaining attached to my extremities.

-Roann
You choose wisely. Prepare yourself for elementals, many elementals. Mortals who attack with frequent death spells have also been an issue. There are rumors of necromancy. The locals are leary of us, as they have had bad interactions and broken promises, in the past.

-Alcandar

Roann,
Though wise to take note of Alcandar's threat, he is indeed a ruthless man when protecting those he loves, understand that he as well as yourself are subject to Sedovian law while in Sedovia. I can send you a copy of said laws if you would like to know them before travelling.

-Melvyn

I would appreciate that information, Melvyn.

As I always say, when in Sedovia act as a Sedovian does! To that extent I really do recommend you read the laws Roann. Also, just so we're being fair, I operate under the premise of consent. If you act upon me without a previous agreement in place, especially in the form of commanding effects, you will no longer be treated as a sentient being in my eyes. I of course extend the same courtesy to you. Is this acceptable?

I have dispatched a copy of the laws to you Roann, if you are still close by around Ceriopolis you should receive word from a courier shortly. As for housing and accommodation in Sedovia, there is a common house that does not allow warding of any kind but should have plenty of open beds for you to rest in. There are also a number of houses being rented out by various groups that may be willing to negotiate with you for a place to rest more comfortably. I would hope that everyone would be willing to reserve their judgements against you as there are plenty among us who have committed regrettable acts in their past as well.

<a near-droning sound passes through the dream, a chant of sorts>

Always tether the magic...half a minute...half a minute...

Half a minute...always tether the magic...

<the chant slowly fades away to nothing>

Barring unforseen circumstances I find that quite agreeable, Kel.

Melvyn I have met with your courier, who likewise seems apprised of my past actions, eye contact tells much.

I will be pouring over these laws in preparation, though at a glance they seem very... Traditional... So I expect there is little within to surprise me.

Melvyn!
It am good to hear your voice again, friend! Dis set o' laws, it am for new land yah yah? Maybe I get copy too?

Also Mistah Alcandar, it am nice to hear you again too. Been long time since I last see you too. Maybe we have drink togedah now, yah yah?

-Tiktik

Tiktik, The laws are on their way, hopefully the courier can find you with relative ease.

Tik-tik my friend,

It is good to hear your voice again. I would be honored to share a drink and stories with you. I am sure much has changed for you, as it has with me. I look forward to seeing you, again.

-Alcandar

... En route... See you all soon...

Back