One Handed Edged Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the influx of questions, but I just finished the rule book and want to be clear. I read that you start with 12 coppers and a dagger, and thats it. My question is, if I have a phys rep for a longsword (which I do) but not one for a dagger, and have the One Handed Edged skill, will I be able to start with my longsword, or do I need to find or buy one in-game before I can use the phys rp?

You should absolutely be able to start with a long sword if you have the one handed edged skill and show up with a long sword rep (that passes).

As far as I understand it (don't have the book in front of me to quote from), you start with your 12 Copper and a weapon tag for each weapon skill you know. So for One-Handed Edge you could have a Dagger or Short/Long Sword or Spear or Short/Long Axe etc., depending on what one weapon you choose to start with; if you have the Shield skill, you get a shield tag; if you have Thrown Weapon, you get one throwing weapon; if you have Archery, you get one Long/Short Bow; etc., etc., etc.

-Luke

Warlok said:
As far as I understand it (don't have the book in front of me to quote from), you start with your 12 Copper and a weapon tag for each weapon skill you know. So for One-Handed Edge you could have a Dagger or Short/Long Sword or Spear or Short/Long Axe etc., depending on what one weapon you choose to start with; if you have the Shield skill, you get a shield tag; if you have Thrown Weapon, you get one throwing weapon; if you have Archery, you get one Long/Short Bow; etc., etc., etc.

-Luke

The 'dagger & 12 copper' on page 9 is just an example.
Page 76 expounds better as Warlok explained: 1 tag for the weapon you bring if you have the skill & it passes inspection.

RyanNorthman said:
Sorry about the influx of questions, but I just finished the rule book and want to be clear. I read that you start with 12 coppers and a dagger, and thats it. My question is, if I have a phys rep for a longsword (which I do) but not one for a dagger, and have the One Handed Edged skill, will I be able to start with my longsword, or do I need to find or buy one in-game before I can use the phys rp?

Remember that this is for the first time you play that character. So if you NPC for a while to get the hang of it, then come in at level 5 or so you have 55+ build to play with. Remember that Armor is different. You must have the rep with you, to get a tag for it. If you decide that you want different things after Pcing your first event, you will have to find them In Game (IG).

I thought that was the case, but thank you for clearing it up either way! I want to start PCing right away, but I also want to make sure I get some time to get the hang of it first, which is why I will NPC my first event! Plus it cant hurt to start at level 2, right? lol

my first character will be starting around level 8, but I have other reasons for not PCing right away

RyanNorthman said:
Dom,

Or did you just NPC alot and not submit a character yet?

^ this one.

Yep, you'll get a tag for every skill you have when you finally play plus your armor phys rep. But still only 12 copper.

So if you bought Florentine, you could get tags for a sword and a dagger (if you want).

If you bought Alchemy, you'd get a recipe book with as many PP as you have, and if you know spells, you'd get a spellbook with as many spells as you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back