One-Handed Spears (attn James and Johnson)

MathGwyson

Artisan
Not sure if James or Johnson regularly check these boards - would someone be willing to poke them to read this?

@James - Dual-wielding one-handed spears is not legal, as I suspected. The max length for the 2nd weapon with Florentine is 32" and spears minimum is 48". The closest you could do to this combo is a one-handed spear and a 32" Short Sword with a thrusting tip. Interestingly - I'm pretty sure Adraur has all the skills he needs to start trying this (spears are one-handed edged)

@Johnson - you had indicated that the fighting style cost too many points for your current character - I don't think that's true. One-Handed spear falls under one-handed edged (which I believe you already have) and Florentine and TWF total 10 points for all classes except Fighter (8 points) and Scholar (12 points). The total cost for the axe & spear fighting style would be 13 points for a fighter, 15 points for a scout or a rogue and 17 for a Adept/Templar/Artisan. Now granted if you *meant* that there are other things would rather buy for the points, then I totally understand (I wanted to pick up Legerdemain and Resist Command but found out I didn't have as many build points as I was anticipating after the National Event blanket due to the way BPs per experience point scale that I wouldn't have been able to calculate without a spreadsheet :( )

Thanks Justin. As always, you insure we are kept well informed.

And yes, 10-12 pts is a lot to spend on skills that are not related to your class... if I only had 2 extra points this event... The things that I could have done to your... I mean... The monsters that WE will be facing :sweat:

Back