One Sentence IBGA Policy

Ladeon

IBGA stands for In-Between-Game-Actions. Every chapter in the Alliance network deals with IBGAs in their own way. Here at Alliance Raleigh we believe LARP should stay as “Live” as possible, meaning keeping as many things “on screen” during events as possible.

Thus we have created our One Sentence IBGA Policy. To be eligible for an IBGA you must attend an event and then participate in the post-event survey for that event. There will be a question in the survey asking you to submit your IBGA. Your IBGA should be one sentence. This sentence should be short and sweet, clear and concise and the goal of this action should be to do something at the next event that character attends.

Examples include:
“I want to go find the den of X monster” The goal being next event you will go to this den, along with your fellow adventurers, and do a mod.

”I want to find X information so I can complete Y task” The goal being to obtain a piece of information needed to do a task. In this case you may end up with a mod to find the information before you can do the secondary task.

The main purpose behind IBGAs for our chapter is for characters/players to communicate to the Plot Team what plot lines they are interested in and find compelling. Particpating in One Sentence IBGAs and Post-Event Feedbacks is the best way for a player to let our Plot Team know what they want to see more of on screen.

You will receive an email reply to you IBGA no less than 7 days before the next event. The response will also be short and concise, no more than a small paragraph. This is not a continued correspondence so responding to the email with more information or actions will not be considered canon. If you do not attend the event after you submit an IBGA there is no guarantee that your IBGA will still be available for follow-up when you do return.

As always, our goal is to make our game at Alliance Raleigh as safe and accessible for as many people as possible. We are open to feedback and discussions regarding this, and all, of our policies. Please feel free to discuss the policy here on the forums, in our Discord server, or our Facebook.

Back