OOG area

The only challenge I have with Bootleggers is that it is loud, so you can only really talk to the 1 or 2 people nearest you, and not really have a chance to be a part of the "group". The wings are good, tho!

I like the idea of either Airdrie or Cremona after a weekend event, whichever works out better.

And with Bootleggers, it seems they have trouble with groups larger then 8 - 10. Two weeks ago when I went in early and saved a table for 16, you'd swear I was asking for thr impossable. And suddenly we have to pay cash or swipe a credit card.

Also it really doesn't matter where we go, with a large group you're only gonna be able to converse with those in your immediate area. I think that's why it's nice to have some of those OOG chats at the LARP. In addition not everyone can meet up for food afterwards or have prior committments on some of those nights.

And don't get me started on Sushi. :disgust: Luckily they had stuff on the menu I could eat. And the service was pretty shite too. Though the food was pretty decent.

A few of us have been meeting up at the Denny's by the Shell on 16th near I believe it's 19th street.

Ok, So I know that alot of people get together after the event and during the weeks leading up to the event, and i know that some of us cant make these or are not in the city to come hangout.

The point I was trying to make, and the concern that was coming from other people was the OOG conversations. Now I know that we are not going to close off the camp fire, it was just a suggestion. But I do think that some consideration should be made that the firepit will have OOG convos going on. People like to sit and smoke, and people like to be warm, and some of us like to reflect on the event that have transpired in the day. As an exsample:

Last month when the Plates were stolen, they were being hid in the old cook house. James, Brett, and myself waited at the campfire for every one to leave so that we could deal with the plates in game. problem was, It was 3:30 am and we were both tired. James decided to just grab the plates and deal with them.
Now, OOG people were giving some great suggestions as to what we should do. but If conversations around the fire are always IG then we could not have feasably gotten away with what we did. (BTW, sorry abby for blaming you....well a little)

Now I think that yes the fire pit should be IG because cory does have a point, But i think that after 2am, when people are tired, and showered, and almost ready for bed, people should be allowd to hang out there and unwind. Be able to chat about the day, and the adventures we have had and not have to worry. For the last couple of events, when we have been around the fire pit at night, we have gone around and done a sort of "mid weekend Recap" of our fav moments so far. I personaly think this is a great Idea that JP started. Its a way for all of us to laugh and get to know each other both In Game and Out of Game while we ARE all together. You would be surprised about how much you miss on a weekend untill its recapped for you.

Now dont get me wrong, During the day I can switch in and out of character when it need to happen. I have learned well. And i can agree that the fire pit is Fully ingame. But at night, i think people need to be a little more lax.

My 2 cents.

Lisa_Clare said:
Yeah, that was me... sorry if I sounded rude at all - that wasn't my intention.
*I* didn't interpret it as rude, (but then I have the same problem with people misunderstanding my intentions, so I get why you feel like you may need to justify it) Like I said - I actually applaud that you spoke up about it.

Since you were refering to hours during the day that would explain why everyone seemed confused. The group thought you were talking about right that moment. Was this by the campfire or elsewhere? I knew at lunch I was semi-oog because Tess we had the cooler out and we were trying to roast hotdogs, but we were still in character (Though I know you weren't talking about me, specifically, I'm just thinking back to see if I contributed to the comment at all.) - I don't know much about any other OOG conversation during the tournament day, however I'm usually with the Imperials who are nearly always in-game, so it may have not been where I was.

but If conversations around the fire are always IG then we could not have feasably gotten away with what we did.
My concern with this is it's hard to tell who is IG or OOG with the current behaviour at the fire pit, and people seem to flip in and out at will. The only time I have *ever* seen someone in a white headband at the fire pit has either been Staff/NPCs, and Klangar's wife (although it was dark and I mistook it for her orange page one until she switched back into it, so I didn't realise she was OOG - but the credit here is she WAS wearing it.) Want to be OOG? Fine! White headband up, so that those who ARE in game know who is part of which conversation, none of this in-betweenness where I'm in the middle of a conversation only to find it's gone OOG and now I have to choose between being 'stuck' OOG or basically suddenly leaving a conversation IG that I would probably not otherwise have a reason to leave.

People IG want to be by the fire too (especially since it's were most of the activity seems to be after midnight between battles.)

You would be surprised about how much you miss on a weekend untill its recapped for you.
There are a LOT of things I learned that once I understood certain context OOG was like OMG! For example, Math very strongly believes Victor was cheated - however he had NOT heard the rumour about the baron's manor being robbed! I learned about THAT OOG, and OOG I know that Math is cluelessly in the dark about a lot of things, but I can keep IG and OOG separate (however, again, if I'm at the fire pit In character, and Dayna starts talking about how he took the plates, and I don't know if he's in character or out of character - I have no idea on which side of that divide to apply the knowledge. Hence, use your headbands!)

Back